• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED 2 now in development!

Mesijs

Here it is!

Apparently it´s in PSM3 that Uncharted 2 is confirmed in development and probably it will be released in 2009.

So Jak has to wait a bit longer, but I´m happy about this!

Gbeav

Banned
"it is good to know that this game is indeed pregnant ...
Deeply they show what it seems!"

Google needs to work on that translator.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I always kept hoping Jak would be next. Too bad. Hopefully they don't decide to ditch the series altogether somewhere along the road.

eve241

Curse you Hennig!Whatever happened to "the first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion" ?? You know you were meant for greater things!

WrikaWrek

Banned
Uncharted was an awesome start, but i took from it more potential enjoyment than actual enjoyment. It's a good game, but it can be so much more, and JAk2 rocked, so i think Naughty Dog has shown that they can really blow it out after the 1st draft.

Better story, better action setpieces, more puzzle solving, the works, there's ton of potential here.

glaurung

Great news altogether.

Wonder if they continue with the narrative as it was concluded in the first one or take a new approach?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Best news ever !
Oh maaaan, im soooooo happy!!!:D
I want to see Kittonwy's face !!
This is pure happyness

jett

D-Member
*kitton signal*

I wonder what kind of improvements/changes will they make to the game. Hopefully it's not just more of the same, like that other third-person shooter.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
jett said:
*kitton signal*

I wonder what kind of improvements/changes will they make to the game. Hopefully it's not just more of the same, like that other third-person shooter.
Can 'o worms.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jett said:
*kitton signal*

One of my first PS3 games, and one of my favourites games of all time.
Awesome!

EDIT: TGS maybe ?

jax (old)

Banned
awesome news. I'll be there DAY ONE naughty dog. Loved the game, loved nate and loved elena + the old dude.

Set it in india - make it raiderseque please.

LOVE ME SOME UNCHARTED. :)

Fersis

Jax said:
awesome news. I'll be there DAY ONE naughty dog. Loved the game, loved nate and loved elena + the old dude.

Set it in india - make it raiderseque please.

LOVE ME SOME UNCHARTED. :)
Yeah i loved the relationship between Nate and Elena.. and Sully is really cool.
Ok,i officially say: 09 the year of PS3.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
WrikaWrek said:
Uncharted was an awesome start, but i took from it more potential enjoyment than actual enjoyment.
Agreed. I honestly didn't enjoy the game as much as I "should" have. :(

okrim

Banned
Oh my God ...what wiil be graphically?After the first I' m really scaried... I hope will be more long...

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Teetris said:
I always kept hoping Jak would be next. Too bad. Hopefully they don't decide to ditch the series altogether somewhere along the road.

next-gen needs good platformers. i lament with you, brother.

maybe sucker punch will make a new sly cooper. otherwise the mantle is left to nintendo with mario galaxy and insomniac with ratchet & clank.

FirewalkR

YES!!! NAUGHTY GOD NEWS!!!! :D

I'd be fine with either Jak Next or Uncharted 2. If they're doing more Uncharted, so be it!

Well, first in my pipedream wishlist: Uncharted level graphics at smooth 60fps. Kthx ND!

a Master Ninja said:
Nathan will finally half-tuck it in Elena?

:lol

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
RITORUBIGGUPURANETTO!!!!!!!!!

4lg4tgw.gif
628vyxd.gif
11bn1a9.gif

6h2p6qr.gif
2z3qadw.gif
2sai4b7.gif
66awbkn.gif
fav504.gif
8amd7qw.gif

6t3alck.gif
878sn82.gif

JimiNutz

Banned
I hope it's like Indiana Jones and at the end you meet aliens and they take off in a spaceship-except you get to ride in the spaceship as well.
Then in Uncharted 3 you will be on an alien planet and you will actually be exploring Uncharted planets. It will be called 'Uncharted: This time it's really uncharted!' and you will meet loads of new species, and you will explore ancient alien civilizations, and learn their history. Also Ratchet, and Jak will make cameos, and you will meet a race of evil Sackboys trying to shrink the entire universe with their shrink ray.

okrim

Banned
FirewalkR said:
YES!!! NAUGHTY GOD NEWS!!!! :D

I'd be fine with either Jak Next or Uncharted 2. If they're doing more Uncharted, so be it!

Well, first in my pipedream wishlist: Uncharted level graphics at smooth 60fps. Kthx ND!

:lol
Impossible I think, is yet a monster engine without 60 fps.

Defuser

Brashnir said:
sweet. Hopefully they get rid of the QTEs and the stupid zombie things. First game on my Holiday '09 "buy" pile.
Fuck you dude. The QTEs was kept minimum plus the zombies were great and scary.

Even there is no zombies in uncharted 2,what makes you think there's no evil entity in the sequel given by the nature of the first game?

Igo

WrikaWrek said:
Uncharted was an awesome start, but i took from it more potential enjoyment than actual enjoyment. It's a good game, but it can be so much more, and JAk2 rocked, so i think Naughty Dog has shown that they can really blow it out after the 1st draft.

Better story, better action setpieces, more puzzle solving, the works, there's ton of potential here.

Sure there's a lot of room for Uncharted to grow but it was one of the most enjoyable games i've played in years. It left me a lot more satisfied than MGS4 did even though I consider that to be a better game.

Two things though, if I shoot someone in the head I want them to die 100% of the time. Secondly, even though I started the game on normal it took me all of 5 minutes to realize I should switch to hard, and when I beat the game I didn't unlock the medal for playing on hard. Had to play through a 2nd time to unlock crushing. I was not pleased.

Endow said:
Curse you Hennig!Whatever happened to "the first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion" ?? You know you were meant for greater things!

You are awesome for doing this, but I'm pretty sure those games are done now. I miss them, too.

*Pours out a 40*

Brashnir

Defuser said:
Fuck you dude. The QTEs was kept minimum plus the zombies were great and scary.

Even there is no zombies in uncharted 2,what makes you think there's no evil entity in the sequel given by the nature of the first game?

Since they were kept to a minimum, they won't be missed.

I have no problem with an evil entity. I have a problem with a monster type that completely changes the gameplay for the last 20 percent of the game from something I enjoy to something I don't.

Top Bottom