• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED 2 now in development!

Ceb

Igo said:
Two things though, if I shoot someone in the head I want them to die 100% of the time. Secondly, even though I started the game on normal it took me all of 5 minutes to realize I should switch to hard, and when I beat the game I didn't unlock the medal for playing on hard. Had to play through a 2nd time to unlock crushing. I was not pleased.

They do die from one headshot and you could've just gone through the first chapter again on Hard through the chapter select to unlock crushing.

UNCHARTED 2!!!222!!!!
angry.gif

/kitton

Defuser

McLovin said:
I wonder.. I is gonna take place in the same type of setting?
I was hoping Transylvania where Nate starts his adventure in a castle and the castle design would be similar to Castlevania. That would kick ass.

JimiNutz

Banned
As I said earlier it should take place in snowy mountain environments this time.
Then number 3 is in space.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
I AM JOHN! said:
UNCHARTED 2!!!222!!!!
angry.gif

/kitton

somewhere he just exploded in a fit of nerd happiness...or as i call it nappiness....wait a minute

*gets sucked into a reverse reverse reverse racism time rip in space in time*

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Less shooting & no zombies please!

For the record, when it comes to uncharted and the source material it draws from (ie Indy)

Supernatural events/items* = Good
Supernatural characters/enemies = Bad

*as long as said item isn't somehow the solution to every problem you might face (ie Crystal Skull)

Gaogaogao

needs more even ratio between platforming and shooting, but moar shooting too.

also, multiplayer. bring the verticality back.

Ranger X

There goes the chances of a new Jak And Daxter. How about some diversity? How bad would it be to have a different game in between 2 Uncharteds? :(

Sol.. said:
somewhere he just exploded in a fit of nerd happiness...or as i call it nappiness....wait a minute

*gets sucked into a reverse reverse reverse racism time rip in space in time*
Kittonwy is a member of the Rutgers' Women's Basketball team confirmed?

BeeDog

Awesome if true. As far as I'm concerned, the first one is still the best PS3 game by far (based on, let's say, the LBP beta, Uncharted still fits me better), so any sequel that improves on the first one is seriously appreciated.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
andycapps said:
Get those spoilers out of here! Or at least use spoiler tags, maybe some here haven't played it yet.

I knew they were in it before I played it, and I didn't need anyone to spoil it for me, it was just that obvious.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Elios83 said:
I guess it will be showcased early next year in a similar way to Resistance 2.
I want to see it now :(

It probably looks shit right now. It want to see it when it's ready to be seen :p

btkadams

uncharted was a great game, if it was essentially the same game in a different setting it would still be great. but you just know that naughty dogs gonna throw in some amazing elements to make it even better than the first.

FACT: game 2 of a video game series is almost always better lol

Sonic the hedgehog 2
Timesplitters 2
Halo 2
Half-Life 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Resistance 2
Motorstorm 2
Uncharted 2 [dont say theyre not out yet you know they will be]

RiverBed

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
fuck that give me Jack. enough with the shooters, give me platformers Sony.
true. why can't we have a nice straight platformer like Crash? even R&C has a lot of shooting and weapons. i want a game like the first Jack & Daxter. now that was awesome!

diss

Banned
hopefully this time they'll turn on some vsync

i'm a fan of adventure stories including the pulpy stuff, but i still think an incredible story can be told without resorting to cliches. i hope they are more ambitious with the plot this time.

the style, the characters, the music and the animation were awesome last time, improve the rest please!

ALSO

no zombies
and less shooting!

EDIT: oh! and kill those bits where i make nate jump and he makes that half hearted scrabbling motion in midair. if it looks like he can get up there this way, i want to be able to get up there that way.

andycapps

Rapping Granny said:
fuck that give me Jack. enough with the shooters, give me platformers Sony.

Littlebigplanet is the last platformer you'll ever need. The levels that people have created thus far could keep you busy for quite some time.

sullytao

Great news. Now if they keep it as gun vs gun and gun vs vehicle this time i will be well happy. Also 16 player mp wouldn't go amiss either :D

Uncharted was amazing. Graphically and artistically impressive, surprisingly challenging gameplay. The enemies had really good AI. Probably one of my favorite things was the audio though. I have a really nice Sony 5.1 system, and Uncharted is a game I always go back to if I want to hear amazing quality sound and a well written score. MGS4 and Uncharted are at the top with sound quality.

Top Bottom