• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED 2 now in development!

Pachimari

I would really like a level, were we for example, are at the side of a mountain hanging onto a rope, and fighting and shooting other enemies like that at the side of the mountain, without QTE's.

dork

Banned
Still the best game I played on next gen. And thats saying something being a 360 fanboy. Cannot wait for Uncharted 2. Really hope we get coop or maybe a little multiplayer, or just a longer story. :)

andycapps

I'd like to see a future Uncharted game set in a desert setting. Maybe Egypt, India (I know it's not all desert), etc. I'd rather not see something in a jungle setting again, but I'll definitely be there day 1 with anything in regards to Uncharted.

dork

Banned
andycapps said:
I'd like to see a future Uncharted game set in a desert setting. Maybe Egypt, India (I know it's not all desert), etc. I'd rather not see something in a jungle setting again, but I'll definitely be there day 1 with anything in regards to Uncharted.

That would be pretty cool.

andycapps

dork said:
That would be pretty cool.

Yep, and I'm not talking about making something dark and brown. The way I would envision it in the Uncharted scheme of things is bright blue skies, yellow/brown sand. There are lots of cool artififacts and religious things you could work with in India and Egypt.

Improve the platforming, get rid of the tearing and bump up the framerate and I'll be happy. Uncharted delivered pretty much everything it set out to do, more of the same is fine by me.

EktorPR

I want an european adventure. Sure, India and the upper parts of Africa are really cool, but Europe is the king of diversity. :D

EktorPR

brain_stew said:
Improve the platforming, get rid of the tearing and bump up the framerate and I'll be happy. Uncharted delivered pretty much everything it set out to do, more of the same is fine by me.

Wasn't the framerate 30fps in the original? Why bump it to 60, then?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I dont know if there are Naughty Dogs here on NeoGaf but let me tell you something:
'I love you guys !':D

Dante

Broadbandito said:
my ps3 will be justified one more time at least

littlebigplanet.jpg

All the justification PS3 will ever need :)

EktorPR said:
I want an european adventure. Sure, India and the upper parts of Africa are really cool, but Europe is the king of diversity. :D

I live in Europa and dont think this is true at all...Africa and Asia easily have as much diversity as Europe...actually asia has more most likely.

Still, yeah, an adventure in Europe could be very nice...eastern and Southern europe is much better for this

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
xKilltheMx said:
Edit:
In fact Marconelly hit my wants on the head, just give me this list and I'll be satisfied. :D
Arne reads GAF and I think he knows I'm one of the staunchest Uncharted fans here. Let's hope he passes those, and other comments to the team :-D

Forsete said:
Great! :)

But skip the supernatural stuff this time around.. at least dont make it as scary. ;P
That's a pretty good idea actually, to have some friendly supernatural component. Perhaps it would go against the grain set by the pulp fiction norms though.

arne

Marconelly said:
Arne reads GAF and I think he knows I'm one of the staunchest Uncharted fans here. Let's hope he passes those, and other comments to the team :)

I do. Everybody here knows the gaf comments and feedback. Can't say if collectively we'll pay attention, but the team is stubborn like that ;)

Some folks need to learn how to fact check though. If that video is indeed from the latest issue of PSM3, the mag has just discovered a year old interview.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
arne said:
Some folks need to learn how to fact check though. If that video is indeed from the latest issue of PSM3, the mag has just discovered a year old interview.

:lol :lol Uh oh...

Kind've obvious it was gonna happen, but great to hear about anyway. :D

The only thing I ask is that they put more emphasis on exploration and less on shooting. Uncharted was such a beautiful game, but I felt like I spent 70% of my time cowering behind a rock.

I mean, I loved the gunplay, but a bit less in exchange for more wandering around would be nice.

Anywho, right now my favorite ps3 games are MGS4 and Uncharted (I don't have LBP...yet), and I'm sure this game will take one of the top spots in my library. :D

Edit: Also, V-Sync! Enable V-Sync! Uncharted is easily the best looking game on the ps3, but the screen tearing is so annoying, and really brings down the IQ, imo.

andycapps

arne said:
I do. Everybody here knows the gaf comments and feedback. Can't say if collectively we'll pay attention, but the team is stubborn like that ;)

I just want to know if Amy Hennig is still involved. :D

Rapping Granny said:
fuck that give me Jack. enough with the shooters, give me platformers Sony.
Any true Jak fan would know how to spell the name. :p

And, tbh, when I first heard ND wasn't working on another Jak game back in 2006, I became very disappointed...until I played Uncharted. Now I realize Naughty Dog can do no wrong, and will gladly take anything form them I can get, whether it be Jak 4, Uncharted 2, or something new.

Though the Jak series was one of my favorites last gen, and the series along with SotC/Ico was the main reason I bought a ps3. :(

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Tiktaalik said:
I wonder if I'm the only person that thought this after playing Uncharted, but I don't actually think Uncharted is that well suited to being a franchise.

They basically completely wrapped up the entire story at the end and it was completely satisfying. Uncharted was great, but I don't really feel like playing any more adventures in that universe. It kinda always felt like a one off game to me. Of course right now it's impossible to pitch a game concept as anything but a franchise.

I totally disagree. I'm sure people said the same thing after the first Indiana Jones movie, and if Lucas had listened to them, he would never have made the gem that is Last Crusade.

arne

andycapps said:
I just want to know if Amy Hennig is still involved. :D

Amy is still at the studio

Kagari said:
:lol :lol Uh oh...

Do you guys really think we'd make any sort of game announcement or confirmation without an actual logo for the game, on a 1/2 or 1/3 page on the inside of a magazine? really? we must be fools then.

in the meantime, our jak PSP MMO is proceeding on schedule.

oops.

SonComet

EktorPR said:
Wasn't the framerate 30fps in the original? Why bump it to 60, then?
I'd like a stable 30 without the screen tearing. Naughty Dog needs to learn that screen tearing is not acceptable even if it lets them make the graphics a little better. The tearing ruins that little extra it allowed them to get.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
arne said:
Amy is still at the studio

Do you guys really think we'd make any sort of game announcement or confirmation without an actual logo for the game, on a 1/2 or 1/3 page on the inside of a magazine? really? we must be fools then.

in the meantime, our jak PSP MMO is proceeding on schedule.
oops.

So you are a Naughty Dog!
I bow before you....*bows

Firewire

Banned
Well I think we all know that another Uncharted will be made, if its actually being made right now, well I just don't trust a magazine to be in the know. I wonder if they will still follow this map that was released by Sony sometime after the first game as a teaser.

uncharted_map--screenshot_large.jpg

arne

andycapps

arne said:
Hilarious (to me) that I've never seen that before. Is there a high-res somewhere? I can't find it here.

I can't see the image here, but I'm assuming it's part of that ARG that Naughty Dog did, or rather, that I'd imagine they contracted out a PR firm to do that. Seems like there were journals online that were from the POV of Sully and Elena.

J-Rzez

Wooo, Drake's Misfortune! I'm glad they went right into this rather than Jak. Jak was a great time, but Uncharted was just soo much better.

I just want them to use the same formula from the first one, with the knobs turned to 11. Except the chase scenes and like the final fight, I want those turned so hard the knobs get wripped off.

India could be a nice setting, though I was maybe hoping for something in China, or perhaps some form of European setting, but it still works.

Perhaps throw in a bit more "stealth" tactics, amp up the hand to hand brutality and fun that it was.

Give the adventure another 2 or 3 hours. Maybe throw in a co-op, but I can't help but worry they're going to throw in a MP shooter mode to the game. I'd much rather see a timed race/level clear leader board than a MP shooter for this game.

You HAVE to keep the cast. This is very very important. Nathan is tied for my favorite vg character. Sully was great too. And, Elena was nice too, just maybe change up her look a little bit.

Hmm, how could this game open action packed again? Either do it the same way with grave diggers, OR, have it start in a shady building basement/room with people trying to torture Nate for where he stashed some artifacts (not related to the main story!) and has to fight his way out of there.

Oh, and for a QTE "boss type" fight. How about a person jumps out of a plane after grabbing an artifact from him, and you have to follow suit (though Nate hates heights), getting yourself to the guy in time, as well as beating him in time to be able to hit your parachute! Above an active volcano of course! :p

arne

andycapps said:
I can't see the image here, but I'm assuming it's part of that ARG that Naughty Dog did, or rather, that I'd imagine they contracted out a PR firm to do that. Seems like there were journals online that were from the POV of Sully and Elena.

Yeah, most of that stuff is gone I think. At least online.

andycapps

arne said:
Yeah, most of that stuff is gone I think. At least online.

That's what I thought. I tried searching on here, but doesn't seem to go back far enough to find it. I'd imagine kittonwy has it framed on his wall, so stick around, he'll be here when he wakes up from his catnap. :D

Xenon

The cool and sad part is the game will have a better plot than the last Indy movie. Just give me some challenging puzzles this time and Ill be happy.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Naughty Dog will really get it right this time. The first one is my favorite game this gen (tied with warhawk.) The graphics will be a sight to see, the leap from Jak 1 to 2 was incredible. This will be too.

DrPirate

Banned
arne said:
Hilarious (to me) that I've never seen that before. Is there a high-res somewhere? I can't find it here.

I was just about to have a megaton epiphany :(

Uncharted is still one of my favorite games ever released, that map drove my hype straight through the roof :(

Firewire

Banned
arne said:

I was never able to find a high rez of it. If my memory serves me right a gaming web site (don't know which one) claimed that the image was a teaser released by Sony maybe 3-6 months after Uncharted released?

I guess if you guys don't know anything about it though it must be bogus. From what I can tell though it had some interesting locations on that map.

Top Bottom