• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time announced (Wii/DS)

Jethro

Nope, seems to be a new game in the series and has nothing to do with Beares. Looks like some sort of connectivity game between Wii and DS.

no, its different from crystal bearer, from the looks of it, it looks to be very similar to the Gamecube Crystal Chronicles (i.e. 4 players).

There will be DS connectivity and Mii usage.

batbeg

jj984jj said:
Looks completely different, multiplayer oriented over WFC.

YES YES MOTHERFUCKING YES!! WILL FIND SCANS AND EJACULATE PRESENTLY!

Edit: My goodness that's some ugly Mii integration :lol Hopefully this game is the shit, as the release date seems pretty... soon.

Jaruru

WOW
a real game with Wii-DS connection finally, after the Pokemon

edit: no, I just thought it was Wiiware >.<

Great news on the one hand - a better implemented version of FFCC using the Wii/DS connectivity is a great idea - but I hope it doesn't mean the end of the Crystal Bearers project, as a great trad RPG set in that universe was something I'd been hoping for for a while.

Well then perhaps Square-Enix is going to use the Crystal Bearers engine to make a new videogame based off the movie Hancock!

:lol

Jonnyram

Is it wrong that I can't tell which version is which or are they all screens from the DS version? Whatever the answer, that Mii on the DS screen looks terrible. Bring on Crystal Bearers please.

Spiegel

Jonnyram said:
Is it wrong that I can't tell which version is which or are they all screens from the DS version? Whatever the answer, that Mii on the DS screen looks terrible. Bring on Crystal Bearers please.

I hope they are all DS screens

Jaruru

from the scans, I don't think it's a full Wii game, unless the scans are all from the DS version.

we will get the info tonite, @ Nintendo conference probably :)

Netto-kun

Oh, it looks completely different? Great news! Time to look for the scans.:D

Edit: Makes me wonder whether this announcement will affect Crystal Bearers in any ways (assuming that Echoes of Time is not a complete rework or a replacement for Crystal Bearers?).

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
In the little Pollux Engine box I think the Wii version is shown in that extremely tiny screen next to the DS version, but the bottom 2 screens are from the DS version.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Jaruru said:
from the scans, I don't think it's a full Wii game, unless the scans are all from the DS version.

Or the SE conference later in the week.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Riskbreaker23 said:
make me sad that it looks like they really killed the crystal bearers

Dragona said it's alive.

Dragona never tells a lie.

batbeg

Jaruru said:

Maybe. I'm not familiar with Japanese pricing, but I'd have expected a full Wii game from Square-Enix to cost more than 5040 yen... though I sure as hell wouldn't expect a WiiWare game to cost that much, so maybe it's only referring to the DS version or...?

And if this is some cross-platform shit, I wonder if we'd get visible equipment changes on the FFCC engine :eek: Hot!

I'm so damn excited to find out more info about this :D

jj984jj said:
In the little Pollux Engine box I think the Wii version is shown in that extremely tiny screen next to the DS version, but the bottom 2 screens are from the DS version.
Yeah but its a 16:9 pic which combines both DS screens horizontally. A little wtf moment here.

Someone said that anyone can either get the DS or the Wii version and play online with each other (hence the cross-platform new engine). I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii version was Wiiware considering how well the first FFCC Wii sold.

Jaruru

Netto-kun said:
Oh, it looks completely different? Great news! Time to look for the scans.:D

Edit: Makes me wonder whether this announcement will affect Crystal Bearers in any ways (assuming that Echoes of Time is not a complete rework or a replacement for Crystal Bearers?).

this should be a complete diff game then Crystal Bearers. it doesn't look alike in any ways. it just makes sense to have a FFCC DS sequel (with WiFi play), not killing the FF:CB

schuelma said:
Dragona said it's alive.

Dragona never tells a lie.

Actually, I think her wording was "FFCC is not dead," not "Crystal Bearers is not dead." It's still possible that FFCC:TCB has been canceled, though maybe it just no longer has the FFCC branding.

zallaaa

Wii/DS connectivity cuts the chances of an epic FF am I right?
Well, I hope it will be something like Four Swords at least...

RpgN

The ds and wii version have the same content. You can play both online up to 4 people. And there is a neat story being prepared for the story mode.

Same content? Are they planning on making you play the game anywhere with the the same profile between the wii and ds? That would be pretty cool!

schuelma

RpgN said:
The ds and wii version have the same content. You can play both online up to 4 people. And there is a neat story being prepared for the story mode.

Same content? Are they planning on playing the game anywhere the the same profile between the wii and ds? That would be pretty cool!

Is it Wii Ware? Retail product??

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
zallaaa said:
Wii/DS connectivity cuts the chances of an epic FF am I right?
Well, I hope it will be something like Four Swords at least...
No, not if they put some work into it. Make it so the DS version doesn't need a cart in it, just uses download play. The big problem with the gamecube/GBA games was that you needed to buy the wires ontop of the GBAs. If you just need the DS, there shouldn't be to much problem, since very few people I know who play games don't own a DS.

-nk-

Jonnyram said:
I think those are all from the DS version. At least I hope they are :/

farnham

Banned
I loved Ring of fates so more FFCC for the DS is great

and id love to play the wii version after my life as a king

batbeg

RpgN said:

Same content? Are they planning on making you play the game anywhere with the the same profile between the wii and ds? That would be pretty cool!

Is this actual wi-fi, or is it just referring to the non-wire approach of Wii->DS? Thank you for the details though.

The cat/crystal logo in the top is cute. I want it for an avatar :(

jj984jj

ivysaur12 said:
WFC multiplayer would be :O
True but it says Wi-Fi, but not Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. So I guess we'll have to wait and see what it is. I think the deal for them is that you only need the DS or Wii version and you can play the game with 4 people.

RpgN

-nk- said:
I think those are all from the DS version. At least I hope they are :/

3 pictures are from the wii version on the lower right.

Also you can transfer Mii characters you made to the ds version. The ds will use touch screen and the wii the remote controll (duh, but had to mention it to make sure).

jj984jj said:
True but it says Wi-Fi, but not Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. So I guess we'll have to wait and see what it is. I think the deal for them is that you only need the DS or Wii version and you can play the game with 4 people.

It says you can play with friends from around the world.

jj984jj

RpgN said:
3 pictures are from the wii version on the lower right.

Also you can transfer Mii characters you made to the ds version. The ds will use touch screen and the wii the remote controll (duh, but had to mention it to make sure).
You sure? To me the bottom right one looks like it's showing you a Mii on the DS version.

Zerodoppler said:
It says you can play with friends from around the world.
Awesome!

schuelma

Wonder if there is any real incentive to buy the Wii version over the DS one. Seems like most would probably just pick it up for the DS.

RpgN

jj984jj said:

It's the real thing. The scan mentiones how you can play world-wide with everyone.

schuelma, anytime :D

Top Bottom