• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time announced (Wii/DS)

duckroll

Dascu said:
This announcement slightly supports the possiblity that Crystal Bearers is being turned into a more full-fledged non-Crystal Chronicles FF(13?) title.

Not at all. It just supports the more likely scenario that S-E is trying to release as many smaller and cheaper FFCC games as possible leading up to the main event, hoping that it'll build up a larger fanbase for better sales since the game is starting to probably cost quite a bit from delays and long development time.

PolyGone said:
More importantly are the ramifications for the Pollux Engine concerning Dragon Quest 9 :eek:

Drkirby said:
:O Now that is news I like to hear... and DQ9 is coming out only 2 months later :D

Dascu said:
This announcement slightly supports the possiblity that Crystal Bearers is being turned into a more full-fledged non-Crystal Chronicles FF(13?) title.

Don't be retarded people.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
ivysaur12 said:
So it's a DS game that you can play on your Wii?

Whatever, as long as I can play a FFCC online, I'm golden.
Bizzyb said:
Without Online, this type of game is pointless.

With Gamecube SE had an excuse, With Wii, they do not.
Yeah, this really has to be online. Although I know people that live near that would play with me, I have two friends that will be all over it if it uses wi-fi.

But who really cares around here, right, lolz!!!!!! It's Crystal Chronicles, something 90% of the people on GAF don't give a shit unless it's about CRYSTAL BEARERS!!!!11!!
angry.gif

Alaluef said:
Yeah, this really has to be online. Although I know people that live near that would play with me, I have two friends that will be all over it if it uses wi-fi.

But who really cares around here, right, lolz!!!!!! It's Crystal Chronicles, something 90% of the people on GAF don't give a shit unless it's about CRYSTAL BEARERS!!!!11!!
angry.gif
I care about this game but it's just hard not to think about the Crystal Bearers after a second game has been announced in the Crystal Chronicles series since the announcement of the Crystal Bearers.

TunaLover

Not connectivity thing again >.<
I suposse that play with a DS is not mandatory, right?

If those are Wii screens, I really don't want, it looks even more chibi than Cube version, Cristal Bearers I'm cry on you ;__;

batbeg

Alaluef said:

angry.gif

I care about traditional FFCC :( Although I'm stuck on the last boss.

If this is all duckroll said it is, will still buy, but damn I want a traditional Wii game as the game was stupidly beautiful.

Mojojo

Dragona Akehi said:
That reminds me, where's Castor?

So Castor being the mortal twin (who dies) of immortal Pollux, Pollux refering to the FFCC engine, Castor can be associated to FF CB, it means FF CB is dead! :_(

RJT

Mojojo said:
So Castor being the mortal twin (who dies) of immortal Pollux, Pollux refering to the FFCC engine, Castor can be associated to FF CB, it means FF CB is dead! :_(
Returning to the dying Castor, Pollux was given the choice by Zeus of spending all his time on Mount Olympus or giving half his immortality to his mortal brother. He opted for the latter.

So, Castor was supposed to die, but Pollux saved him. Hope restored?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dragona Akehi said:
;-; He misled me to beleave that his speculation was an overlooked fact given out in one of the 2-3 DQIX topics in the last week.

wsippel

Banned
I assume that Castor is either the Wii runtime for Pollux, or another engine. If it exists, that is. Maybe it is a technology that works the other way around (Wii -> DS remote play or something).

sphinx

the piano man
if this game has the production value of the gemacube FF:CC, I might get it, the music, graphics and enviroments were among the best for the console.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
sphinx said:
if this game has the production value of the gemacube FF:CC, I might get it, the music, graphics and enviroments were among the best for the console.

It's a DS game

sphinx

the piano man
schuelma said:
It's a DS game

this is really confusing, OP says there are scans floating around confirming the existence of this game and the title says " Wii/DS " .

I don't think people should open threads without info.

So this isn't Crystal Bearers retooled/renamed for Wii?

what is this then? and can someone please add it to the OP?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So basically this is the DS sequel to Ring of Fates and if I wanted I could play it on the Wii with its DS graphics and at the wrong resolution. oh joy.

wsippel

Banned
sphinx said:
this is really confusing, OP says there are scans floating around confirming the existence of this game and the title says " Wii/DS " .

I don't think people should open threads without info.

So this isn't Crystal Bearers retooled/renamed for Wii?

what is this then? and can someone please add it to the OP?
It's basically a DS game that also runs on Wii.

farnham

Banned
if its wiiware it would say wiiware

the logo is different
grandjedi6 said:
So basically this is the DS sequel to Ring of Fates and if I wanted I could play it on the Wii with its DS graphics and at the wrong resolution. oh joy.

Well not really.. this could be more like Zelda 4 swords adventures

Cosmonaut X said:
Great news on the one hand - a better implemented version of FFCC using the Wii/DS connectivity is a great idea - but I hope it doesn't mean the end of the Crystal Bearers project, as a great trad RPG set in that universe was something I'd been hoping for for a while.
I wouldn't say a Crystal Chronicles announcement means the other isn't still coming. Like a XIII / vs XIII situation.
Defuser said:
Why care whether it's Crystal bearers or not? You're getting another FFCC game.
Crystal Bearers looks/looked to be a more substantial single-player experience, though. It's not like all CC games are just interchangeable.
Alaluef said:
Yeah, god forbid people who actually enjoys Crystal Chronicles, something that has always been, you know, about multiplayer.
Ehh, not really. 2 of the 3 released games, and 1 of the 2 announced but unreleased games are primarily about multiplayer.

Cygnus X-1

This was kind of unexpected. Actually, is it just me there are more Nintendo-related announced right now then in last 6 months?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
JoshuaJSlone said:
Ehh, not really. 2 of the 3 released games, and 1 of the 2 announced but unreleased games are primarily about multiplayer.
Ok, but this still doesn't mean every CC thread has to become the exact same as always empty speculations about CB being canned or not, where's CB?, etc. I like the few CB media they released just as much as the next guy, and as you said yourself, more CC games being released doesn't mean less chances for the other games in the series (quite the opposite actually). Anyway, I'd better be interested in Echoes from far away.

Cygnus X-1 said:
This was kind of unexpected. Actually, is it just me there are more Nintendo-related announced right now then in last 6 months?

Yea, it's pretty crazy. Don't see any threads on Klonoa or Valhalla Knights yet.. New Madworld vid is ace though.

Dragona Akehi said:
Wait, let me ask you -- do you really think it's "retarded" to speculate that this engine, which for all we know so far just looks like a generic engine that lets the Wii run a DS game and connect with DS users over Wi-Fi, might also apply to Dragon Quest IX?

I mean, maybe not right out of the box, but maybe they can release a Wii version of DQIX later on in the year?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
cw_sasuke said:
SE on Wii = Joke

I'm willing to wait and see if they have anything substantial to announce coming up.

markatisu

cw_sasuke said:
SE on Wii = Joke

Why? Because they are not blowing their load with 1 Final Fantasy super game?

Seems to me they are using the Wii to try out new avenues, we had the Wii Ware game, now we have this hybrid DS game on Wii. If they can release a way to play DS games on Wii and open the userbase even more thats great imho

I am all for them trying out some new things, sure it would be nice if this was Crystal Bearers and it confirmed that SE is going to being a big budget AAA RPG to the Wii, but they have not yet so people just need to deal with that and move on.

I loved FFCC on the GC, FFCC Ring of Fates on DC, FFCC MLAAK on Wii Ware, and I am pretty sure I will love this too.

markatisu said:
Why? Because they are not blowing their load with 1 Final Fantasy super game?

Seems to me they are using the Wii to try out new avenues, we had the Wii Ware game, now we have this hybrid DS game on Wii. If they can release a way to play DS games on Wii and open the userbase even more thats great imho

I am all for them trying out some new things, sure it would be nice if this was Crystal Bearers and it confirmed that SE is going to being a big budget AAA RPG to the Wii, but they have not yet so people just need to deal with that and move on.

I loved FFCC on the GC, FFCC Ring of Fates on DC, FFCC MLAAK on Wii Ware, and I am pretty sure I will love this too.
And isn't the Wii all about trying new things? Also (lol more speculation) perhaps they're doing this so Wii users can experience Multi-Player FFCC since later they'll be getting the single player FFCC, Crystal Bearers.

Top Bottom