• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scandinavian Wii + DS 2008 sales (and LTDs)

It's not a large market at all, but Sales-Age will probably find this interesting anyways.

2008:
Wii - 300,000
DS - 349,000

LTD:
Wii - 530,000
DS - 950,000

Population of Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, Denmark): Approx. 19 million.

Source: Email from Bergsala, the nordic distributor of Nintendo games.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So about 1:20 in Scandinavia own a DS? Not bad, but I wish it was higher. 5% is a very small niche.

Any idea how other systems fair?

andthebeatgoeson

No wonder Nintendo ignores EU. :p

If you guys just get one language, I'm sure they'll pay better attention. And one distribution company. Language could be EU, pronounced as eww.

Drkirby said:
So about 1:20 in Scandinavia own a DS? Not bad, but I wish it was higher. 5% is a very small niche.

Wow, never thought I'd hear the word DS and niche in one sentence. :lol

Scandinavia has about the same population as Australia (19M vs 21M respectively) but the market seems to be about half the size, but we'll need other consoles sales to confirm it.

test_account

XP-39C²
Drkirby said:

I read something about the console sales in Norway in the papers some weeks ago. It said that 108,000 PS3 consoles has been sold in Norway by now, and 116,000 Wii consoles. I made a post about it here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14095507&postcount=156

At the end of 2007, the PS2 LTD in Norway was at about 600,000 i Norway (where about 4,5 million people live).

Source: http://www.itavisen.no/sak/503735/ (unfortunately only written in norwegian)

:)

Ledsen

skinnyrattler said:

If you guys just get one language, I'm sure they'll pay better attention. And one distribution company. Language could be EU, pronounced as eww.

In Scandinavia we know how to speak english and that's the language we get our games in, we're not lazy like those southern folks :D

FoxHimself said:
It's not a large market at all, but Sales-Age will probably find this interesting anyways.

2008:
Wii - 300,000
DS - 349,000

LTD:
Wii - 530,000
DS - 950,000

Population of Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, Denmark): Approx. 19 million.

Source: Email from Bergsala, the nordic distributor of Nintendo games.
Thx, very interesting. :)

A comparison:

3rd Year Scandinavia:
PS2: 440.000
WII: 300.000
XBX: 160.000
GCN: 80.000
DC: 20.000
Source: Screen Digest

ksamedi

skinnyrattler said:

That used to be true however I believe times have changes.

farnham

Banned
BishopLamont said:
Wow, never thought I'd hear the word DS and niche in one sentence. :lol

Scandinavia has about the same population as Australia (19M vs 21M respectively) but the market seems to be about half the size, but we'll need other consoles sales to confirm it.
back in 2004 you would always hear ds and niche in the same sentence

back in 2006 you would always hear wii and niche in the same sentence..

now niche and wii/ds in the same sentence is an oddity :lol :lol

Haunted

Ledsen said:
In Scandinavia we know how to speak english and that's the language we get our games in, we're not lazy like those southern folks :D
I'd like to apologise for all my non-English speaking countrymen. :(

Kroole

BishopLamont said:

Yeah the console market is quite small. The PC market is the major one.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
has EA released any numbers for Scandinavian sales in 2008? That would be much more interesting.

Top Bottom