• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the PS3 slim gets released for $300 in the US, it'll retail for $500 in Australia, which I stated near the beginning of the gen to be my "buy" level for the PS3. I want a Blu Ray player that won't break the bank. Let's see if they get there.

Mr.NiceGuy

Guys I sold my year old Japanese white PS3 that I bought for about 400$ to my brother and I got 300$ from him. I did that because of the slim news so I can buy it when it arrives.

The problem is that I have many games that I was playing at the time (Fat Princess,Shatter,Infamous and others) and I haven't got the chance to finish all these games and I Think the month long wait till slim arrives is gonna kill me. Luckily I have both the 360 and wii but still the PS3 was the major part of my gaming life.

GAF was it a good decision to sell my PS3 for that price ? you know I can still return my brother the money and get my PS3 back if I want. what do you think ?

Jtrizzy

Truespeed said:
The real question isn't what price the slim will debut at (because it's already been ordained by the NeoGAF elders to be $299 and relayed to Sony HQ), but rather:

Do you really want to purchase the first batch that rolls off the assembly line?

I'd be confident. In my experience the slims PS2's were far more reliable than the originals. I had at least 3 of the big ones die on me. Anyway, they should launch it right now with Madden coming out. All of the Madden commercials I've seen have the new logo at the end.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Mr.NiceGuy said:
GAF was it a good decision to sell my PS3 for that price ? you know I can still return my brother the money and get my PS3 back if I want. what do you think ?

Well, I think tomorrow morning you should start with a protein shake. Mix it up a little and grab a banana on your way out the door. I say wear a white t-shirt and some jeans, it's gonna be pretty warm. Don't dilly dally and head start to work. Have a cup of water at exactly 11:00am. Then use the restroom at 11:55 right before your lunch break. For lunch, have a BLT sandwich and wash it down with some juice (you can choose). Don't forgot your vitamins. It's ok to use the bathroom again if you need to and don't forget to wash your hands. Now finish up work and yes you can browse GAF. Go home, kill some time by reading a magazine until dinner. Eat some chicken with a bit of rice and a nice clean salad. You can have a little bit of olive oil for dressing. Play some XBOX 360 and then go to bed. If you need more advice for Tuesday, let me know.

Keep the money for the Slim

Mr.NiceGuy said:
Guys I sold my year old Japanese white PS3 that I bought for about 400$ to my brother and I got 300$ from him. I did that because of the slim news so I can buy it when it arrives.

The problem is that I have many games that I was playing at the time (Fat Princess,Shatter,Infamous and others) and I haven't got the chance to finish all these games and I Think the month long wait till slim arrives is gonna kill me. Luckily I have both the 360 and wii but still the PS3 was the major part of my gaming life.

Just wait it out.

ZZMitch

Mr.NiceGuy said:

Wait until the 18th at least, if there is no news by then...

Phreak47

suffah said:
Well, I think tomorrow morning you should start with a protein shake. Mix it up a little and grab a banana on your way out the door. I say wear a white t-shirt and some jeans, it's gonna be pretty warm. Don't dilly dally and head start to work. Have a cup of water at exactly 11:00am. Then use the restroom at 11:55 right before your lunch break. For lunch, have a BLT sandwich and wash it down with some juice (you can choose). Don't forgot your vitamins. It's ok to use the bathroom again if you need to and don't forget to wash your hands. Now finish up work and yes you can browse GAF. Go home, kill some time by reading a magazine until dinner. Eat some chicken with a bit of rice and a nice clean salad. You can have a little bit of olive oil for dressing. Play some XBOX 360 and then go to bed. If you need more advice for Tuesday, let me know.

That fails to help him at all with beating his drug test. He needs to drink WAY more water than that.

onken

Kagari said:
You have to realize that's how SCE does pricing.
For example, it WAS $399/399EURO/39,980 Yen.

With the new pricing it will be
$299/299EURO/29,980 Yen.

See the pattern?

Hope so about the Japan price, I know a few people waiting for 30,000¥

Grooski

Banned
suffah said:

No exercise??? Damn that magazine reading, XBox playing, GAF browsing lifestyle will kill you in the end....

JonnyBrad

deepbrown said:
Why they blurring an Elite? And I thought the new 360 debugs were blue....

I knew it was probably old, but I can't look through a whole thread.

You could have at least looked back 2 pages for the explanation.

deepbrown

BlazingDarkness said:
they blur out all Playstation/360 branded stuff
AH, I didn't realise it was for TV...just thought it was a website video.

DO you think the Slim will be so Slim that it won't be able to stand on its end?

glaurung

deepbrown said:
DO you think the Slim will be so Slim that it won't be able to stand on its end?

If the current renderings are accurate - and if the rumored bought slim from the Philippines is anything to go on by, then yes, the slim would need a stand just like the second and third hardware iterations of PS2.

Even though the machine would be able to stand on its own, you'd want some kind of support.

BenjaminG

Banned
Wow. As an Aussie retailer, I've never been told by our Sony rep "We don't comment on rumours or speculation". That is until today! Gold.

It looks like the end of the week shall hold confirmation to Aussie retailer of plans, at the very least the price on the PSPGo at any rate.

Cyport

Like someone said, 3 is quite common here;

Playstation 3, 3rd Year, firmware 3.0, game 3.0, 300 euros and another one, the gamescom conference is 3 hours long.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
deepbrown said:
Why they blurring an Elite? And I thought the new 360 debugs were blue....

I knew it was probably old, but I can't look through a whole thread.

Only the top of it is blue, but I would be surprised if a dev had one of those. We have been trying to get one of those for a while and as far as I'm concerned they don't exist lol.

agaru

Cyport said:
Like someone said, 3 is quite common here;

Playstation 3, 3rd Year, firmware 3.0, game 3.0, 300 euros and another one, the gamescom conference is 3 hours long.
... and will finish 3rd this holiday.

j/k

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Tom Penny said:
There is going to be a major meltdown if they somehow don't discuss the slim / pricedrop.

not to mention all the guys who say its 100% true blabla will look like asses :p

spwolf

Tiduz said:
not to mention all the guys who say its 100% true blabla will look like asses :p

what happens then with the guys who think phats will sell into next year and that slim will debut at $399? :lol

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Tiduz said:
:lol

lupinko said:
Don't forget about the The 3rd Birthday on PSP.

I cannot wait for this. I been wanting a PE remake or sequel for a long time

spwolf said:
what happens then with the guys who think phats will sell into next year and that slim will debut at $399? :lol

There will be some phat asses and slim asses :lol

CHRP718

Banned
spwolf said:
Steven Seagal happens
1236166573_steven_seagal_shooting_kids.gif

Wait...if that's legit, they're actually calling it 'slim'? Seriously? I guess it just sounds so absurd an official product name that I cannot believe it.

Donos

MightyHedgehog said:
Wait...if that's legit, they're actually calling it 'slim'? Seriously? I guess it just sounds so absurd an official product name that I cannot believe it.

I always thought the term "slim" was from the PS2 Slim (slimline). Why not for the PS3? Better than PS3 Σ :)

Also, nice scoop Sirolf.

Degen

MightyHedgehog said:
As long as they don't spell out "PLAYSTATION(R) 3" like they currently do, it sounds fine to me.

Anyway, good to see that it's probably real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom