• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borecast (with Drinky Crow) Episode 9: Britcoms, Moody Vampires, Meta Serial Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and Wyoming.

direct link - http://media.libsyn.com/media/borecast/Borecast9.mp3

We're not late. You guys are just early.

Step into the Wayback Machine and travel into the misty memories of Monday with Doug, Kevin, and our Special Guests Eric and Janet as we take look at British Sitcoms, discuss the nauseatingly pretty vampires of Twilight, announce the winner of our Killzone 2 contest, and take a sloppy virtual tour of the Equality State!

Segment One: *Obligatory Monty Python Reference*

We provide some suggestions for underappreciated Britcoms you might be interested in checking out. Yes, we probably forgot to mention your favorite show.

Segment Two: Chicks Dig Pale, Sparkly Skin

(38:35) Janet provides Doug, Eric, and Kevin with a female perspective on the phenomenon of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight franchise, and explains why chicks dig it. We also discuss the differences between the book and the movie. Yes, the guys had to watch the Twilight movie.

Segment Three: Nick's Reviews

(1:05:10) Nick reviews the indie horror film Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon!

Segment Four: It All Falls Apart

(1:10:21) First we read your entries in the Killzone 2 contest and announce the winner - then Eric, the creator of the Indefensible! segment, provides us with a slow-motion train wreck as he throws Doug for a loop with one simple word. We even tried to help him out!

Also, new contest for a copy of the Nintendo DS game Super Robot Taisen! Listen to the segment for the creepy entry requirement.

Look for Borecast BonusCast #2 next Wednesday!

Zero Hero

Awesome lineup.
10hvloh.jpg

i would like to pre-emptively excuse my terrible, terrible performance as sleep deprivation and overwork

the indefensible segment truly is an epic train wreck :(

Salazar

Twilight movie's a good laugh.

I didn't think the dude sparkled enough, though. The way they carried on about it, I was expecting floodlights.

They just rambled on as if the state were all high plains scrubland. Surely you guys've heard of Jackson Hole? Yellowstone? C'mmmmmmmmmon.

And tourists love it because it's absurdly gorgeous. Once you hit the divide, anyways.
I mean jesus

800px-Barns_grand_tetons.jpg

look at that. UNGH UNGH UNGH

The eastern part, of course, is ugly enough for anybody.

Red Scarlet

:lol Wyoming is the "indefensible" segment.

Yeah, it's nice to look at if you are into scenery, but it's pretty crappy if you aren't a hiker, rancher, cowboy/cowgirl. Eastern part is just a bunch of oil wells (well, the eastern side I've been through).

The road to somewhere else.

slidewinder said:
They just rambled on as if the state were all high plains scrubland. Surely you guys've heard of Jackson Hole? Yellowstone? C'mmmmmmmmmon.

And tourists love it because it's absurdly gorgeous. Once you hit the divide, anyways.
I mean jesus

800px-Barns_grand_tetons.jpg

look at that. UNGH UNGH UNGH

The eastern part, of course, is ugly enough for anybody.

Turn the sky grey and the grass a patchy brown, and I could just see a swarm of raiders pouring out of that building.

"Hidin' from me?!?! Yeah, you better hide!"

"Tear 'em apart! Kick ass!"

Limedust

I'm finally caught up with all the previous episodes, so I'll DL this one tonight. Keep up the good work.

For future Indefensible! segments, can we allow Doug one back-handed compliment per minute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom