• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borecast 23: Favorite Pranks, Handheld Horrors, Serial Killers, and Magna Carta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
direct download - http://media.libsyn.com/media/borecast/Borecast23.mp3

Well, I guess we're permanently on Wednesdays now!

SEGMENT ONE: CRUEL AND USUAL

Doug and Kevin discuss favorite (and regrettable) pranks they've played over the years. We're ashamed of ourselves, and now you get to be ashamed of us, too!

SEGMENT TWO: FORBIDDEN FRUIT, INDEFENSIBLE, LISTENER COMMENTS

(39:00) Doug and Justin Long, sittin' in a tree...

(54:15) iPhone/iPod Touch Games - Pandorum, Alive-4-Ever, Undead Pinball, Cocoto Kart Online

(1:06:00) Magna Carta 2

(1:21:36) INDEFENSIBLE! - Gacy, Bundy, Lucas, John Galt, and Doug.

(1:31:40) LISTENER COMMENTS

We'll talk to you again next...Wednesday!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Aw man, now I gotta address the issue...

I like using OSX because it gives me a fairly complete UNIX backend without the completely halfassed frontends conjured up by hacks(not hackers) in the Linux community while also having real application support. In my 9 years of having it as my primary operating system, I actually liked the more advanced aspects of Linux and even preferred the no-frills no-nonsense Slackware distribution, but what pissed me off about Linux in general is that I didn't always enjoy figuring out the latest method to get the kernel to recognize my soundcards and network devices in the right order and pretty much any attempt to make things genuinely easier either didn't work well or carried the philosophy that computers are hard because they let you do things. GNOME in particular is just a pathetic panorama of condescension.

Fortunately though, many linux programs worth keeping either have an OSX port, work in OSX pretty much as-is(like several shell scripts I've written), or can be made to run in OSX with a little work.

Do I still boot up Windows to play games? Absolutely. Games are what Windows is good for, and one should use the best tool for the job. However, some of less intensive games like Baldur's Gate 2 I can run with VMware and some games do exist for OSX including emulators for non-recent systems, Dosbox, EU3, Freespace 2, and smaller freeware stuff like Texmaster.

By the way, Apple touchpads have one button, but if you place two fingers on the pad while clicking, it's read as a secondary click.

Anyway, as far as pranks go, the only one I can really remember right now was putting Back Orifice on half the computers in the school computer lab, and then making them crash on people by remotely running `C:\CON\CON`. As a spin on prank calling, fooling somebody into believing they dialed the wrong number provided a few laughs too.

Hitokage said:
Anyway, as far as pranks go, the only one I can really remember right now was putting Back Orifice on half the computers in the school computer lab, and then making them crash on people by remotely running `C:\CON\CON`. As a spin on prank calling, fooling somebody into believing they dialed the wrong number provided a few laughs too.

Those are actually really good pranks. I would have loved to have seen the freakouts over the computer crashes.

Hitokage said:
Well, Doug, Magna Carta is apparently just too toxic for this forum.

He liked it so much, he wiped it from his memory just so he could experience it again for the first time!

OMG that fucking song at the end. . .

I nearly crashed my car. :(

Please tell me that was a parody song.

Also I need to submit some tech regret e-mail. Been wanting to, but been fuckin' lazy. Well, masturbating and wasting time instead. Sorry.

Not really masturbating anymore. The horror!

Kevtones

I think my forum search function is broken and my subscription tab on my iTunes has gone haywire - argh!

Well anyhow, I look forward to listening :D

ScientificNinja said:
I've only got about 30 minutes left to listen to, but Doug - those pranks - you are going to roast in hell for your sins :D

those are the least of the crimes on my eternal soul's docket :(

the worst is two consecutive discussions of magna carta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom