• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cursed Mountain [Wii] New Trailer

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
nice trailer. if game turns out to be a decent survival-horror-adventure i'm in.

gabe90

Game should have come out by now. At this point I am far too excited about what's coming later in the year that we already know about, as well as what's to be announced at E3.

batbeg

Game is looking very promising, I think. I thought the first trailer was looking decent but not very good... now it's looking pretty decent. Looking forward to it.

gabe90 said:
Game should have come out by now. At this point I am far too excited about what's coming later in the year that we already know about, as well as what's to be announced at E3.

...maybe they wanted to finish it?

WYWY

Looks like the plot has a bit of Lovecraft-vibe.

Setting reminds me of Mountains of Madness. And the stumbling things and box thingee? - Yup ties in well to what one might expect from Lovecraft's style.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
gabe90 said:

If it comes out in Q3 I think it'll be fine.

sphinx

the piano man
Am I crazy or did we have this same exact thread some months ago with the exact same enthusiastic replies?

pakkit

Banned
sphinx said:
Am I crazy or did we have this same exact thread some months ago with the exact same enthusiastic replies?
Nope.

There's been a dearth of information on this game. I love the voice acting, and I love the idea, I just hope the gameplay is up to snuff. I expect we'll be seeing a bit of the game at E3 though, so hopefully we'll get our first gameplay impressions.

Since the combat seems to be based off motions, I think this would be a prime candidate for some Motion+.

batbeg

Game looks nice, but I don't know how to feel about this prayer shit. The third eye thing didn't look too good either, just the way he was... spinning around like that.

The atmosphere looks absolutely fantastic, though. Really, really impressive, especially when you consider what it looked like in the beginning.

CrisKre

I played this during E3. I will say it shows a lot of promise and has some really really good ideas.

The graphics and general atmosphere is top notch. The setting is really interesting and well executed. The pacing seem to be more resident evil than RE 4 or 5, since it seemed to be more about exploration and puzzle solving than just action.

The combat system is really really great and seems like a lot of fun. When spectrums appear you can either attack them with your climbing gear or with some sort of meditation device. This device shoots its power to the spirits by holding the c button and aiming with the pointer, and once you shoot them enough to wear them down, an icon will appear and you have to point at it and press A and then follow the motion controls as indicated on screen to free the spirits.

My main complaints are that even while running the protagonist is WAY too slow, and although tank controls might work fine given the pace of the game, they do present some camera issues while playing at this point. I hope they work those issues out because i think the concept and most elements here show a lot of promise.

MWCShay

I posted about this in the other thread but it looks awesome and really unique. They deserve more love for being ambitious with a Wii title but not halfassing the graphics engine. When I learn more about the story, this could be a must buy.

Arde5643

I wonder why they're not hyping this up a la Conduit - for an unknown developer/publisher and a new IP, they'll need all the hype they can get.

daebo

fabprems said:
Hoping for Wii Vitality Sensor compatibility !

not sure if I'm joking or not

You know, that would actually be a really cool idea and game mechanic. Could you imagine say like in Eternal Darkness when the character's sanity meter goes up things would happen... Maybe if your heartrate picks up certain things happen in the game. Perhaps the screen is more blurry because your heart is racing or your life depletes faster because of it. Possibilities all around.

WYWY said:
Looks like the plot has a bit of Lovecraft-vibe.

Setting reminds me of Mountains of Madness. And the stumbling things and box thingee? - Yup ties in well to what one might expect from Lovecraft's style.
If only ED had encouraged more people to read Lovecraft.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
game appears to be staying on target: a mature survival-horror adventure. i'm pleased.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Since when did this game look this good?

I had no hope behind this game before. This just got interesting...

They definitely have great graphics. Hope the gameplay holds up and is spooky.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Sorry to double post, but I heard that this game is in the teaser in the back for the most recent Nintendo Power.

Anybody have it?

jesusraz said:
Made up of some ex-Rockstar folk who worked on the GTA series, I believe.

Not quite, heres their press release footer info;

Deep Silver has published more than 80 games since 2003, including Anno 1701 (co-published with Sunflowers), Gothic 3 (co-published with JoWooD), the successful Secret Files adventure series, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, the Chernobyl shooter, the action role-playing game Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (co-published with Ascaron), and the Horse Life series of horse simulations. The company's own brands Risen (Xbox 360 and PC), the new role-playing game from the Piranha Bytes team, the urban MMO 7Million, the survival/horror game Cursed Mountain (exclusive on Wii), and the multi-platform action game Ride to Hell are currently being developed. Deep Silver's own production company in Vienna opened in 2007. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Just saw the walkthrough with a stable connection. Looks like a team is running with an interesting concept with not the biggest budget. If it pans out and is actually a solid and original title, I'll buy it.

Captain Chaos said:
The game is very much as you describe.

I'd go on and say its got some of the highest production values the Wii has seen so far.
? Sparse VA, stills as cutscenes, etc. Looks rather low budget to me, not that a lot of Wii games look high budget though.

That being said, looks interesting and graphically better than I expected after the old trailers.

J-Rock

Banned
New Screens

cursed_mountain-b-7.jpg

cursed_mountain-b-6.jpg

cursed_mountain-b-4.jpg

cursed_mountain-b-9.jpg

cursed_mountain-b-8.jpg

cursed_mountain-b-5.jpg

cursed_mountain-b-2.jpg

cursed_mountain-b-1.jpg

cursed_mountain-b-3.jpg

MarkusRJR

Damn... after seeing that E3 walkthrough, I'm contemplating spending my "The Conduit" money on this game instead.

Is there any E3 impressions out there?

Top Bottom