• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS3] Last Rebellion Official Site Open + New Images

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://nippon1.jp/consumer/lastrebellion/

090625_lr_a.jpg

090625_lr_03.jpg

090625_lr_01.jpg

090625_lr_02.jpg

090625_lr_05.jpg

Did a search, but lock if old.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Dual Wielding Chicks in what appears to be a JRPG for the PS3? How is this not in my Ps3 right now?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I can tell just from those screenshots that Hitmaker really needs to go back to the basics and learn how to:
1) Design a decent GUI, it looks like a free MMO's interface.
2) Design levels, did they cut and paste the environment models for those different locations and just change the textures? Generic circular building!
3) Use their (actually pretty good) art direction properly. The character models don't look like they fit in the environment at all.

These aren't budget issues, it's just incompetence.

Tailzo

wikipedia is listing a fall 2009 release date for NA. I chekced their sources, but couldn't really figure out if it has really been announced in the west. Can someone enlighten me?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Tailzo said:
wikipedia is listing a fall 2009 release date for NA. I chekced their sources, but couldn't really figure out if it has really been announced in the west. Can someone enlighten me?

It was actually announced first for the US.

Tailzo said:

The initial unveiling was extremely unimpressive and the game took a lot of heat for its graphics so the game has been delayed, with no new date given. This is what it looked like when it was first shown

last-rebellion-20090508034738670.jpg

last-rebellion-20090508034709109.jpg

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
SolidSnakex said:
The initial unveiling was extremely unimpressive and the game took a lot of heat for its graphics so the game has been delayed, with no new date given. This is what it looked like when it was first shown

Thats some improvement. I like the art style, is there any info about the battle system?

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/981/981315/last-rebellion-20090508034738670.jpg[img]
[img]http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/981/981315/last-rebellion-20090508034709109.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

It still looks really crap. Pretty obvious this was intended as a PS2 game...I mean, no develoepr can fail this much at next-gen, even if they're japanese. :P

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
JB1981 said:
OMG they actually showed the game in that state? Jesus ... looks worse than fan made.

NISA admitted that they were embarrassed to show the game in its previous state. Now though, it's actually looking more cel-shaded and not early PS2-ish.

Kagari said:
NISA admitted that they were embarrassed to show the game in its previous state. Now though, it's actually looking more cel-shaded and not early PS2-ish.

They did, really? Wow - any links?

EXGN

Game looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than when it was unveiled. I'm a bit less concerned now. I'm just glad we're not getting another loli anime JRPG... No offense to those that like stuff like Tears to Tiara and Agarest.

Is this the type of game we would completely ignore if the PS3 was actually getting an RPG or two like a normal system?

With all the loli shit that gets a thread I don't know when people are actually being serious around here.

Is there any chance this is decent?

EXGN said:
Game looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than when it was unveiled. I'm a bit less concerned now. I'm just glad we're not getting another loli anime JRPG... No offense to those that like stuff like Tears to Tiara and Agarest.

That second set of pics was the initial unveiling? Good lord. They had a reason to be embarrassed. That wasn't on PS2 hardware?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
gregor7777 said:
Is this the type of game we would completely ignore if the PS3 was actually getting an RPG or two like a normal system?
God, you are masterful.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Can't you tell from the watermarks? It's Dengeki PS.

EXGN said:
I'm just glad we're not getting another loli anime JRPG... No offense to those that like stuff like Tears to Tiara and Agarest.
At least those have decent gaming to backup their artstyle.

icecream said:

Nope, thanks though. All I could make out is playstation online, and that domain is apparently some squatter. :lol

Could have checked the img src though. dur

Technically this looks terrible, but it's my favorite of all of them. Love big bosses.

090625_lr_04.jpg

EXGN

icecream said:

At least those have decent gaming to backup their artstyle.

I wasn't aware that Last Rebellion was out yet... could you tell me how it plays?

icecream

Public Health Threat
EXGN said:
I wasn't aware that Last Rebellion was out yet... could you tell me how it plays?
Sure. Refer to Hitmakers other stellar titles such as Dragoneer's Aria and BLADE DANCER and extrapolate from there.

EXGN

icecream said:
Sure. Refer to Hitmakers other stellar titles such as Dragoneer's Aria and BLADE DANCER and extrapolate from there.

And Compile Heart/Idea Factory has such a wide array of triple A blockbuster hits? They're both shit devs, but at least Hitmaker has a decent art direction instead of little girls ramming bananas down their throats.

androvsky

icecream said:

Well, I've heard about how horrible Idea Factory/Compile Heart games are for years, but for some strange reason, Cross Edge really isn't that bad. My fiancee and I are enjoying playing it together... okay, it's such a grindfest it takes two people to get through it, but it's a fun grindfest.

So I think I'll wait to see how Last Rebellion turns out if no one else minds.

Honolulu

Neo Member
Game looks.... like work in progress.
I guess the coders just had a breakthrough and can now display diffuse and alpha. wohoo :lol

But seriously,
I dig the concept art for the cutscene or what the hell it is, might turn out really cool.
But they really need to learn how to implement light maps or something and work out a cohesive artistic style for the environments.

gregor7777 said:

With all the loli shit that gets a thread I don't know when people are actually being serious around here.

Is there any chance this is decent?

That second set of pics was the initial unveiling? Good lord. They had a reason to be embarrassed. That wasn't on PS2 hardware?

I think you are right to some extent...apart from FFXIII and versus, and perhaps End of Eternity...there is nothing much coming soon for HD consoles in terms of Jrpgs. FFXIII and versus will probably be enough for me anyway...

The game has improved massively over the first showing though...it looked like a crap ps2 game before, and now it looks about KH 2 level

SamBishop

Banned
iconoclast said:
I'm not really familiar with Hitmaker though. According to GiantBomb they were behind Dino Crisis 3 and several other games I've never played. Dunno about this one.

Unless I'm mistaken, there are two Hitmakers out there. One (Hit Maker with a space) makes RPGs and has a rather spotty track record, and the other (Hitmaker with no space) is SEGA's AM-3 dev studio that worked on a ton of awesome arcade games. They get confused all the time, something I'm sure Hit Maker doesn't really mind too much.

The game looks about 26 bazjillion times better than it did at the unveiling (where I was sure someone had screwed up and they were showing us PSP screens -- early PSP screens), but it's got a looooong way to go before it starts to look like a next-gen RPG. I'd like for Hit Maker to actually live up to their name, but right now, it's just kinda... ironic.

nelsonroyale said:
I think you are right to some extent...apart from FFXIII and versus, and perhaps End of Eternity...there is nothing much coming soon for HD consoles in terms of Jrpgs. FFXIII and versus will probably be enough for me anyway...

The game has improved massively over the first showing though...it looked like a crap ps2 game before, and now it looks about KH 2 level

Barren as all hell. I need a Gooch RPG, or something from SE that isn't FF.

I have some hope for End of Eternity. Some.

icecream

Public Health Threat
EXGN said:
And Compile Heart/Idea Factory has such a wide array of triple A blockbuster hits?
I'm not even getting into sales or review worth. Dragoneer's Aria was a horrible game to play. At least Agarest's SRPG portion is only trite and repetitive, and it also had the other gameplay parts to liven things up. Same with TtT.

But I don't deny that all sorts of people enjoy all sorts of bad games.

Well since it is coming to PS3 we can assume that it will have tons of voice over work.

My only fear is that they use those static portrait arts to tell the story and only utililze for scenes. I also hope they include anime cutscenes in full motion...that image from above with the two horizontal bars gives me hope. I think it looks nice. Is it really for 2009 still, I though they said 2010?

jvalioli

Dedication Through Light said:
Well since it is coming to PS3 we can assume that it will have tons of voice over work.

My only fear is that they use those static portrait arts to tell the story and only utililze for scenes. I also hope they include anime cutscenes in full motion...that image from above with the two horizontal bars gives me hope. I think it looks nice. Is it really for 2009 still, I though they said 2010?
That image looks static also.

Lain

gregor7777 said:
http://dps.dengeki.com/entryimg/090625_lr_04.jpg

Watching this screen, I can't help but think, like the first time they unveiled this game, that it looks like a PSP game ported (badly) to PS3.
Well, now it looks more like a good PS2 game than when they first showed some images, but still...

Top Bottom