• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS3] Last Rebellion Official Site Open + New Images

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
MoogPaul said:
Game looks worse than a ps2 game.

For once this statement isn't a gross exaggeration (resolution aside).

What a terrible looking game. What is with low budget Japanese developers taking games that wouldn't even look good on the PS2 and simply jacking up their resolution for next gen platforms?

B.K.

ezekial45 said:
Getting a Tales of the Abyss vibe from this.

That's because the main character's design is almost an exact copy of Asch.

2wrojdw.jpg

Lain

Kyoufu said:
Doesn't look bad to me. Its N1, what the hell did you guys expect?

It's not N1. It's Hit Maker. The fact N1 will publish it is not a valid excuse for the way it looks. Plus, if Gust can make something good looking on PS3, we can expect alot more from other small devs.

Lain said:
It's not N1. It's Hit Maker. The fact N1 will publish it is not a valid excuse for the way it looks. Plus, if Gust can make something good looking on PS3, we can expect alot more from other small devs.

Nippon Ichi is coedveloping it.

Hunahan

Banned
Kagari said:
fyi - it doesn't look like they allow hotlinking. (images in your post don't show until cached)

.....the backgrounds really are pretty terrible. Honestly looks like a believable PSP game when you see them resized like that.

Sigh. I can't help but think "this is what we've been reduced to" every time I read a console RPG thread these days....

Haunted

I imagine that this is how an Arc Rise Fantasia up-port would look like.

2132384655_view.jpg

or make that a straight port.

DunpealD

Hunahan said:
.....the backgrounds really are pretty terrible. Honestly looks like a believable PSP game when you see them resized like that.

Have to agree those screens remind me of Dragoneers Aria. Maybe it looks better in motion?

Hunahan

Banned
Haunted said:
I imagine that this is how an Arc Rise Fantasia up-port would look like.

or make that a straight port.
Which is why it's not that preposterous to do it.

I bet can think of at least a dozen RPGs on PS3/360 that have equivalent, or lower, production values to ARF.

Let's try:

Far East Of Eden Ziria
Disgaea 3
Last Rebellion
Atelier Rorona
Cross Edge
Spectral Force 3
Operation Darkness
Trinity Universe
Zoids Infinity EX Neo
Absolute: Blazing Infinity
Diario: Reverse Moon Legend

Hmmm...only 11. I guess I lose.

Durante

I think it looks decidedly average. It really shows how much going with a stylized look helps when you are on a budget, for example Rorona looks like it has similar asset detail to what's shown in these shots but the overall impression is much better.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I think the game looks great, and I really love whoever is doing the concept art. I usually give NIS a lot of shit (outside of their Vanillaware developed stuff), but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this.

Lain

The art is nice as usual (altho I don't like the male protagonist too much), but the ingame stuff still looks meh.

dramatis

The art style is nice, but...they're really going to try and release this this winter with the 800-pound gorilla of FF13 in the same period?

i can't wait for this game, but winter 2009 for japan:O they better be releasing early december late november. i dont want FFXIII to kill this title:(

Naughtboy

Banned
Yea that static shot of the two characters talking is horrid, thats something from the ps1 era, why is it still present in games today

Big B

oh god that trailer almost made me snort my cup of orange juice. The violins... :lol

If the gameplay is good I can forgive the backgrounds. Just make it good NIS/Hitmaker.

DunpealD said:
Have to agree those screens remind me of Dragoneers Aria. Maybe it looks better in motion?

OT and late, but was Dragoneers Aria worth checking out? I believe it's one of the titles going on sale tommorrow. $5-10

Naughtboy said:
Yea that static shot of the two characters talking is horrid, thats something from the ps1 era, why is it still present in games today

Because these are low budget Japanese studios. These types of games will always be around.

lol with all the wishes of people in this thread they will never be able to release the game :)

Anyway, I think I actually like the static character art. Im just a bit confused on if we will only actually just have two players in the party.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Naughtboy said:

Yeah, fuck old school! I WANT ONLY NEW! NEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEW! EVERYTHING MUST BE HIGH BUDGET! MULTI MILLION DOLLAR GAME OR BUST!

Dedication Through Light said:
lol with all the wishes of people in this thread they will never be able to release the game :)

Anyway, I think I actually like the static character art. Im just a bit confused on if we will only actually just have two players in the party.

One character at a time. You switch off between them, I believe.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Barakov said:
December is going to be expensive if you're an importer.

this is for December in Japan ? are they buttfucked crazy to put this in the same month with FFXIII ? PS3 have absolutely nothing in Japan for November , so they should aim for that month instead.

Callibretto said:
I like this art. if only all art is this detailed.

c20090930_last_01_cs1w1_590x.jpg
I'd buy the game for this picture alone. Dammit. The girl is so beautiful... so beautiful...

Btw, this picture is drawn by Ju-no Jeong, the lead artist of Lineage II and Dragoneer's Aria.

Naughtboy said:

I dont know why but I actually like it. Its gving me that PSone retro vibe from the PSX Final Fantasies, which I like.

By the looks of it definitely looks more polished, Im still keeping my eye on this hoping it will get localized to sooth my appetite for niche games.

simtmb

highluxury said:
I dont know why but I actually like it. Its gving me that PSone retro vibe from the PSX Final Fantasies, which I like.

By the looks of it definitely looks more polished, Im still keeping my eye on this hoping it will get localized to sooth my appetite for niche games.

March 2010 for US supposedly. Quite sure it was announced immediately :)

Girsej

I can't really make out the battle system, is it turn-based?
I hope it is, I need a game I can be semi-unfocused while playing :D

The battle system, from what I've read, seems very reminiscent to Vagrant Story's system.

I think this looks interesting, and I don't really mind the visuals. If it turns out to be a good game - I'll definitely pick it up.

Those are the guys of Blade Dancer and Dragoneer's Aria in PSP?

My hype has got down a lot. Those games were quite bad, so probably they'll found any way to screw this whole game with a bad game design decision, also.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
LOVE & TRUTH said:
I'd buy the game for this picture alone. Dammit. The girl is so beautiful... so beautiful...

why not just use right click ---> Save Image/Picture As then print it or something ?

Top Bottom