• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS3] Last Rebellion Official Site Open + New Images

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
LOVE & TRUTH said:
Haha, thanks for the comment. I'd rather reward the artist with my money though.

are you even sure they will put that picture in the game box or instruction manual ?

Totobeni said:
are you even sure they will put that picture in the game box or instruction manual ?
Since they're using his work in the promotional materials, I think they've paid him. So I'll pay them for that!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kagari said:
http://www.4gamer.net/games/094/G009486/20091102050/

Dated for 1/28/2010 in Japan...
same day as Ar Tonelico 3 and End of Eternity :lol

it's clear that the Japanese publishers think the FFXIII effect on PS3 software sales in Japan will be short , and they want to take full advantage of this temporarily situation by releasing most of their crap after one month from the release of FFXIII.

they should spread them at least for entire January , for now LR and AT3 have no hope against SEGA marketing and Tri-Ace well known name.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Totobeni said:
it's clear that the Japanese publishers think the FFXIII effect on PS3 software sales in Japan will be short , and they want to take full advantage of this temporarily situation by releasing most of their crap after one month from the release of FFXIII.

they should spread them at least for entire January , for now LR and AT3 have no hope against SEGA marketing and Tri-Ace well known name.

Hopefully it opens up the gate for more console RPGs.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Paracelsus said:
So basically the PS3 has 4 Jrpgs in a span of seven days (SO4I on 2/4). ._.

The last couple months have been pretty decent as well, continuing into 2010:

9/17 Tales of Vesperia
10/01 Trinity Universe
11/05 3D Dot Game Heroes
12/17 Final Fantasy XIII
1/28 Ar Tonelico III
1/28 End of Eternity
1/28 Last Rebellion
2/4 Star Ocean 4

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kagari said:
The last couple months have been pretty decent as well, continuing into 2010:

9/17 Tales of Vesperia
10/01 Trinity Universe
11/05 3D Dot Game Heroes
12/17 Final Fantasy XIII
1/28 Ar Tonelico III
1/28 End of Eternity
1/28 Last Rebellion
2/4 Star Ocean 4
Actually, after those are out, what PS3 JRPGs are still announced?

I can think of Versus and White Knight Chronicles 2, but I'm blanking out beyond that. Seems we might be due for some announcements soon.

Paracelsus

Nirolak said:

I can think of Versus and White Knight Chronicles 2, but I'm blanking out beyond that. Seems we might be due for some announcements soon.

New Tales game from team Vesperia (Jump Festa?) and whatever Atlus is doing pop to my mind, not sure about anything else, IF there is anything else.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nirolak said:

Zill O'll Zero
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
White Knight Chronicles 2

Are the only ones I can think of announced without a date.
Unless you want to count Final Fantasy XIV as well, but that's a MMO obviously.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Paracelsus said:
So basically the PS3 has 4 Jrpgs in a span of seven days (SO4I on 2/4). ._.

it's the FFXIII effect , Japanese games maybe buy a PS3 and sell them after theyt beat FFXIII , so by doing this they tell the Japanese hey keep it few days and play our other games.

just see , besides these JRPGs , many games will even got release/reprint in the next month , FolkSoul and RGG3 ( 5/12 ) , then Cross Edge rerelease ( 10/12 ) and even a rerelease of Gundam Musou 2 in the same day as FFXIII.

it's crazy , but I don't blame them tho.

Kagari said:
Hopefully it opens up the gate for more console RPGs.

will see soon , FFXIII will be the first "brand" JRPG that got released first on PS3 , if it did a million copies and pushed PS3 hardware and overall software then this will encourage other publishers to make more JRPG on consoles.

Nirolak said:

they are the TEST :lol

Paracelsus said:

Bumpy Trot 2
I think the game is dead

srsly the lack of SCE Japan Studio's JRPG on PS3 is crazy , SCEJ should use their old IPs and hire new studios to make them.

Durante

Kagari said:
Dated for 1/28/2010 in Japan...
same day as Ar Tonelico 3 and End of Eternity :lol
I really can't fathom why they'd do this. Do they expect JRPG fans to just say fuck it, I'm getting all 3?
I hope AT3 blows them away

Totobeni said:
they are the TEST
At least for AT3 that's not really true, Gust already released a JRPG on PS3.

Quixzlizx

Durante said:
I really can't fathom why they'd do this. Do they expect JRPG fans to just say fuck it, I'm getting all 3?
I hope AT3 blows them away

Do EoE and AT3 really have directly overlapping demographics? They are both JRPGs, but they seem different enough.

Durante

Quixzlizx said:
Do EoE and AT3 really have directly overlapping demographics? They are both JRPGs, but they seem different enough.
Good question, but I'd assume that the JRPGs-that-aren't-DQ-or-FF demographic is small enough in Japan these days that there will be some significant overlap.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Quixzlizx said:

no , think about the neutral fans , the normal JRPG fans who actually want to buy as many JRPG but have weekly budget.

this is like releasing , let see , Turok , Vegas and Medal of Honor , all B-rated FPS but also very different ( SCi-fi ,modren and WWII ) just like this situation with 3 different RPGs , so an neutral FPS fan will buy them all if they released in different days/weeks , FPS fan enjoys buying FPS games, but with one release date for all , many fans will go with the safest bet or higher review score.

publishers have an entire month after FFXIII and before Star Ocean 4 Inter , they should pick other weeks within this month , and to be Fair , SEGA went first with that date , so N1 and Gust should fuck off.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Totobeni said:
no , think about the neutral fans , the normal JRPG fans who actually want to buy as many JRPG but have weekly budget.

this is like releasing , let see , Turok , Vegas and Medal of Honor , all B-rated FPS but also very different ( SCi-fi ,modren and WWII ) just like this situation with 3 different RPGs , so an neutral FPS fan will buy them all if they released in different days/weeks , FPS fan enjoys buying FPS games, but with one release date for all , many fans will go with the safest bet or higher review score.

publishers have an entire month after FFXIII and before Star Ocean 4 Inter , they should pick other weeks within this month , and to be Fair , SEGA went first with that date , so N1 and Gust should fuck off.

:lol
Maybe it's a good thing I'm just going to wait and get the North American versions for all three.

Quixzlizx

Totobeni said:

If someone had enough money and was planning to buy 3 games in 3 consecutive weeks, then the person is still going to buy all 3 games. It just might not all be on the same day.

EXGN

ARPGmageddeon continues! February 2010 in the US! So that's SO4, WKC, LR in Feb, FF13 and possibly ROF/EOE in March.

Honestly of all the months for NIS America to choose they choose February, lol. Well at least the game is just 39.99 anyway, Im probably buying since its budget priced. Gosh getting me with this and then in March with Sakura Wars :p

Any impressions from anyone who played the Japanese version? Can't seem to find any info let alone gameplay vids online despite the fact that this is a few weeks away from release :/

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
JustAnotherOtaku said:
Any impressions from anyone who played the Japanese version? Can't seem to find any info let alone gameplay vids online despite the fact that this is a few weeks away from release :/

Not out in Japan yet. 1/28.

Volcynika

JustAnotherOtaku said:

Well I'm pretty sure it's not out in Japan yet either.

(At least PlayAsia says not out till Jan 28th)

EDIT: DAMN YOU KAGARI

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
1080i/p supported.

5df9ffae.jpg

matmanx1

I already said this on the NIS official forum for this game but it bothers me that it's so close to release and we've seen so little video of the actual gameplay. The art isn't bad and the characters have potential but if the turns take as long as they did in Blade Dancer then you can count me out. I like my turn based RPG's to move along in battle at a snappy pace, thank you very much.

Still, I pre-ordered with Amazon for the budget price thinking I still have some time to change my mind. I'll definitely be looking up some video from the Japanese release in the coming weeks!

Bebpo

Banned
I really like the 2d art and the price point is nice. Very conflicted. The guest illustrations on JP PSN were a very good idea, I've grabbed most of them and they tempt me to get the game.

2132404403_view.jpg

Lain

Bebpo said:
I really like the 2d art and the price point is nice.

This is the same exact thing I'm thinking, except the places I'd like to order it from don't have the low price point.
52€ in Yurop from play.com and about the same from VGP, too much for it.
I'll end up waiting on price-drops, or sane pricing overall, not just on amazon.com

squall211

I'd pick it up but my Feb-Apr. is easily packed with WKC FFXIII and RoF. I'll probably pick it up later in the year unless it's just god awful.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
For those who still care:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/last-rebellion-coming-to-ps3-on-february-23/#more-23174

New video and information:

It takes place in a world called Jonovald, which is governed by two gods: Meiktilia who presides over the death of all people and the destruction of all things, and Formival who presides over the birth of all people and the creation of all things. Meiktilia blesses two types of people with special powers; Blades and Sealers. Blades have the skills to destroy the physical structure of things, and Sealers use magical abilities to destroy the metaphysical, the spiritual structure of things. The two main characters are Nine who is a Blade, and Aisha who is a Sealer.

Formival’s power allows all things to revive and when they do, they become a stronger threat to others. These undead creatures are called Belzeds. In order to destroy them, the power of both a Blade and Sealer is required.

Since Nine’s homeland, Lorvin, was becoming a nesting ground for Belzeds, the king of Lorvin (Nine’s father) summons Nine and Aisha to save the land.

Now, you’ll play as these two main characters. You control both characters operating out of a single body. Well, in short, they are two souls in the same body. You can switch between these two characters just about anytime you want while you’re on the field, as well as in battle. As mentioned above, in order to destroy Belzeds, you will need both Nine’s and Aisha’s power. You’ll have to use them wisely and in the correct order to successfully destroy Belzeds.

The battle system of Last Rebellion is quite unique. You’ll be able to switch between Nine and Aisha on the battlefield, and you will be asked to decide what actions you will take for each character. You will fight in turn based battles, so you’ll have time to strategize your actions!

When you attack the Belzeds, you will see lists of the enemies’ body parts. There is a correct order to attack each part. You’ll have to decide which body part to attack first, and by using CP, you can attack as many body parts as you can. When you attack their body parts in the correct order, you’ll do much more damage, so you’ll want to figure out the correct order for each enemy as soon as possible. Well, there is some information about the strengths of their body parts in the list, so it won’t just be “guess” work.

Once you decide the order of attacks and which skills to use, then you execute. When the enemy has been knocked down, you will have to use Aisha’s Seal skill to completely destroy its body. Otherwise, they will revive with even more power! Also, if you use Nine’s Absorb skill before sealing the body, you can absorb MP from that monster. This skill will come in handy if you need to regain MP!

Nine and Aisha will share one body, so they will share HP and MP values as well. When you are using Nine to explore the field, MP will gradually recover, and when Aisha is on the field, HP will gradually recover. Switch between them as you need to.

Nippon Ichi Software was able to get some awesome guest illustrators, such as Mr. Mikimoto, who worked on Macross. These illustrations will be shown on the loading screens!

If you preorder Last Rebellion at RosenQueen.com you’ll receive a bonus double-sided poster, featuring some of the guest illustrators’ artwork! This is a pretty sweet deal, so I hope you are interested in it!

Last Rebellion will be released on February 23! That’s just around the corner, so until then, learn more about it on the Official Last Rebellion Website!

the video on that blog was awful. combat looked boring, the environments were barren, and the graphics were fucking terrible. $39.99 is quite a steep asking price for a game that is the equivalent of a shoveware rpg.

Top Bottom