• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozak

Banned
Football thread of the 2009/20010 season

Wikipedia said:
Association football, more commonly known as football or soccer, is a team sport played between two teams of eleven players using a spherical ball. Association football is the most popular football variant worldwide, and is widely considered to be the most popular sport in the world.

Top 4 Leagues

EPL

teams involved said:
Arsenal
Aston Villa
Birmingham
Blackburn Rovers
Bolton Wanderers
Burnley
Chelsea
Everton
Fulham
Hull City
Liverpool
Manchester
Manchester
Portsmouth
Stoke City
Sunderland
Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United
Wigan Athletic
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Current Champion: Manchester United

La Liga

Teams involved said:
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Valencia
Mallorca
Deportivo
Sevilla
Getafe
Athletic Bilbao
Villarreal
Sporting de Gijón
Atlético Madrid
Osasuna
Racing Santander
Espanyol
Almería
Málaga
Valladolid
Tenerife
Zaragoza
Xerez

Current Champion: Barcelona

Bundesliga

Teams involved said:
Bayer Leverkusen
Bayern Munich
Bochum
Borussia Dortmund
Eintracht Frankfurt
Freiburg
Hamburg
Hannover
Hertha BSC
Hoffenheim
Köln
Mainz
Mönchengladbach
Nuremberg
Schalke 04
Stuttgart
Werder Bremen
Wolfsburg

Current Champions: Wolfsburg

Serie A

Teams involved said:
Atalanta
Bari
Bologna
Cagliari
Catania
Chievo
Fiorentina
Genoa
Internazionale
Juventus
Lazio
Livorno
Milan
Napoli
Palermo
Parma
Roma
Sampdoria
Siena
Udinese

Current and Future Champion: Inter Milan

of course I'm excited, my team is back in the league tonight to defend our champion title.

error in the OP: Ligue 1's defending champion is FC Girondins de Bordeaux, not Olympique Lyonnais. We took the title from them :lol

edit: it appears it's just some copypasta from last year's results

danwarb

6i9yq0.jpg

Awesome, a new thread where I can talk to myself about West Ham :lol - so, who does everyone support in the English leagues? I'm guessing one of the usual teams (ManYoo/Chelski/Scouse/Le Arse), or are we going to have a bit of variety in here for once? I'm a lifelong West Ham fan, but I also follow Daggenham & Redbridge (my old local team) and Southend United (my current local team).

frey

Did anyone watch BBCs Football league show last night? Cut to a women sitting on a toilet towards the end. Was from a show that ITV were airing at the same time.

Kozak

Banned
Bootaaay said:
Awesome, a new thread where I can talk to myself about West Ham :lol - so, who does everyone support in the English leagues? I'm guessing one of the usual teams (ManYoo/Chelski/Scouse/Le Arse), or are we going to have a bit of variety in here for once? I'm a lifelong West Ham fan, but I also follow Daggenham & Redbridge (my old local team) and Southend United (my current local team).

West Ham are good shit! I like them ever since that movie.

:lol

scarybore

Awesome, a new thread where I can talk to myself about West Ham - so, who does everyone support in the English leagues? I'm guessing one of the usual teams (ManYoo/Chelski/Scouse/Le Arse), or are we going to have a bit of variety in here for once? I'm a lifelong West Ham fan, but I also follow Daggenham & Redbridge (my old local team) and Southend United (my current local team).

Newcastle United, so I expect to deal with a lot of jokes and tears. Since they are in the diddy league now, I guess I will be happy to see Arsenal or Liverpool do well out of the big four, but since I have family from Birmingham I hope they at least stay up.

Talking of the diddy league, my Scottish team is Rangers but despite being born in Scotland and living there all my life, I've always followed Newcastle more since that was the first football strip I ever got as a hand me down when I was around 8.

Defending Champions: Manchester United

Defending Champions: Real Madrid

Defending Champions: Bayern Munich

Defending Champions: PSV

Defending Champions: Celtic

Defending Champions: Olympique Lyonnais

Defending Champions: SK Brann

Defending Champions: West Bromwich Albion FC

Dre said:
http://i27.tinypic.com/espzyr.gif

:lol

Status