• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

37 000 PS3 slim sold in France

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
2vlnqqf.gif

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I have a feeling the Slim sale threads are gonna be poppin up everywhere on GAF.
Good shit.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
freitax said:
Compared to the wii best week, was it good, bad or Comme Ci, Comme Ça?

According to the source article, Sony France says it was 'far ahead' of other consoles.

Article also says it was near 10x increase in sales...so sort of similar bump as in the UK, possibly similar numbers too (people think it did 40k in UK based on comparisons with the PS2 slim's launch).

zero_suit

gofreak said:
According to the source article, Sony France says it was 'far ahead' of other consoles.

Article also says it was near 10x increase in sales.

He asked about the Wii's best week...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
zero_suit said:
He asked about the Wii's best week...

Oooh, sorry. Well yes, that's another kettle of fish, I'd have no idea. That whispers in the wind thread might have more data though.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Pein said:
someone needs to shop a slim in his hands
yeah, agreed.

I lack the skills to do that unfortunately. :(

Elios83

Karma said:
150,000 in Japan. 40k in UK and 37k in France.

227,000 so far.

40k in UK is not the actual number, it was just an example a guy made in the other thread (of course it's impossible 360, Wii and DS have sold just 13k units in the same week since PS3 tripled them).
Actual sales should be in the 80k-120k range.

f@luS

More than a member.
Karma said:

227,000 so far.
Germany is the biggest country in EU with UK (for games), so you can put (speculating time) another 40Ki in here. .....welll could easily do 200/250K in europe alone in the end ! half a million seems quite possible

wrowa

EmCeeGramr said:
Really. A successfull launch is one thing, staying successful something completely else. The sales are great but it's far too early to doom the competition and speaking about the "return of the king".

Elios83 said:
40k in UK is not the actual number, it was just an example a guy made in the other thread (of course it's impossible 360, Wii and DS have sold just 13k units in the same week since PS3 tripled them).
You do realise that the "example" was based on some real data and extrapolation right?

Probably a fair bit better than your "should be in the 80k-120k" guess.

gerg

Elios83 said:

The 40k number is a very reasonable estimate. We were told what the PS3 Slim sold in relation to the launch of the PS2's redesign by Chart-Track themselves, and as we know the latter figures we can calculate the former.

wrowa said:
Really. A successfull launch is one thing, staying successful something completely else. The sales are great but it's far too early to doom the competition and speaking about the "return of the king".

360 was losing his edge againts PS3 slowly but firmly in Europe, I'm totally sure that with the slim + GT5, any advantage that 360 had with PS3 in Europe will be over.

I'm not taking Wii into account, because we all know Wii will stay first until the end of this gen...

Elios83

Psychotext said:
You do realise that the "example" was based on some real data and extrapolation right?

Probably a fair bit better than your "should be in the 80k-120k" guess.

Yes but doesn't make a lot of sense to me because it would imply that 360, Wii and DS sales were impossibly low for the same week since we know as a fact that PS3 tripled them.
I mean...Xbox360 after a price cut at 13k units?:lol :lol
Wii the same? It was selling 40k units weekly not so much ago when the CT datas were leaked.

Numbers we're getting from France also confirm that UK numbers should be higher than 40k if the usual market share ratios are working like usual.

spwolf

gofreak said:

Article also says it was near 10x increase in sales...so sort of similar bump as in the UK, possibly similar numbers too (people think it did 40k in UK based on comparisons with the PS2 slim's launch).

France is 3x smaller market than UK (but PS brand has always been more popular in continental Europe than UK), that will tell you how good that number from France is.

And of course, this is not going to be biggest week/month for Slim.... it will sell more during holidays for sure.

Honestly, its doing way better than expected... Media is going to go wild over this.

yurinka

Karma said:

227,000 so far.
As I remember, Germany is now the 1st European market, and UK is like 20-24% of the European (or EMEA?) market.
Add here USA numbers and other markets like Australia and Canada. I think it's possible 500k worldwide in 7 days.

Accounting for the seasonal boost, it will be interesting to see the next 4 weeks. My prediction is that the sales now are very front loaded and that they will even off by October and fall in line with 360 sales.

Basically you are seeing the fence sitters jumping on board now that the price is in the realm of reality. That could be a good thing or bode not so well (since the fanboi fence sitting estimation would account for an LTD PS3 sell through of 100 mil. units).

At any rate, it should be very interesting and fun. Bring on the NPD gifs!

Elios83 said:
Wii the same? It was selling 40k units weekly not so much ago when the CT datas were leaked.
You do realise that sales drop in the summer right? Not to mention that the Wii has been dropping for a while.

spwolf

Elios83 said:
Yes but doesn't make a lot of sense to me because it would imply that 360, Wii and DS sales were impossibly low for the same week since we know as a fact that PS3 tripled them.
I mean...Xbox360 after a price cut at 13k units?:lol :lol

thats a lot of units for UK only and early September without major blockbuster games.

brunoa76

yurinka said:
As I remember, Germany is now the 1st European market, and UK is like 20% of the European (or EMEA?) market.

UK > France > Germany, I think (at least for the consoles' market).

Raist

Banned
spwolf said:
France is 3x smaller market than UK (but PS brand has always been more popular in continental Europe than UK), that will tell you how good that number from France is.

No it's not.

Top Bottom