• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2009 Anime Season of Mononoke's Nakamura Kenji Strikes Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Sequels ahoy! :lol

September 13

2ibkga1.jpg

Battle Spirits: Shounen Gekiha Dan
A second television series based on Bandai's "Battle Spirits" TGC. Unlike the first series, this isn't written by Dai Sato, so nobody actually cares.

September 24

33x7r44.jpg

Queen's Blade: Heir to the Throne
Sequel to the original Queen's Blade fetish-fest hentai-lite TV show, now with skimpier armor and bigger breasts.

October 1

1zgas8.jpg

Nyan Koi
Guy that hates cats gets cursed by a cat deity; he is now able to understand cats, but if he doesn't fulfill the wishes of one hundred of them he will become a cat himself.

5zqni8.jpg

Kämpfer
Guy wakes up one morning to find he is now a girl, lesbian hi-jinks ensue.

vz7tjb.jpg

Asura Cryin' 2
Sequel to some unremarkable show from a few months ago; next.

October 2

25gq8go.jpg

Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
A library full of books that are actually dead people is guarded by armed librarians against a religious cult known as Sindeki Kyoudan. Yeah, that's what I said, too.

2hi0xs7.jpg

A Certain Scientific Railgun
Spin-off of that extremely boring A Certain Magical Index show from a few seasons ago.

2qnurkg.jpg

White Album Final
Sequel to White Album. I suppose we will be getting some new animation by Kou Yoshinari, if nothing else.

k0g7b6.jpg

Seitokai no Ichizon
Boy becomes the only male on his school's all-female Student Council.

October 3

mw4nfb.jpg

Usaru-san
An ordinary rabbit can turn into the super-hero Usaru-san by wearing a monkey costume and eating bananas.

29awojm.jpg

Tentai Senshi Sunred Second Season
Finally! A sequel worth watching!

zspaft.jpg

The Sacred Blacksmith
Fantasy bishoujo manga adaptation by Manglobe of Samurai Champloo and Michiko to Hatchin fame.

10rl502.jpg

Shugo Chara Party!
Continuation of the popular magical-girl franchise.

2mfdnys.jpg

Tegami Bachi
Jump Square manga adaptation. In a world that exists in perpetual night and is only partially illuminated by an artificial sun, a young boy works as a delivery boy at the "Bee Hive", a delivery service.

301k4y9.jpg

InuYasha: The Final Chapter
Remember when Rumiko Takahashi was good, GAF?

October 4

2l9tzkp.jpg

Miracle Train: Welcome to the Chuo Line
Hetalia-style bishounen show that personifies five stations of Tokyo's Oedo train line. By the director of Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile's first season and Aoi Hana. :lol

2zjak5x.jpg

Yumeiro Pâtissière
Shoujo manga adaption. A clumsy young girl who wants to become a pâtissière meets the "spirit of sweets".

t9fuzc.jpg

Natsu no Arashi 2
Sequel to the SHAFT show by Shinbo.

2pqklc9.jpg

Heaven's Lost Property
Bishoujo manga adaptation.

October 5

et7jah.jpg

Anyamaru Tantei Kiruminzuu
New Shoji Kawamori show, a "heartwarming comedy" about "three cute sisters" that live in "a city abundant with natural wonders" and have the ability to "turn into animals". Oh, boy.

vztohj.jpg

Shin Koihime†Musou
Adaptation of Berserk mangaka Kentaro Miura's new moe~moe bishoujo obsession.

95q5ox.jpg

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza
Sequel to wishfulfillment show about a beautiful, perfect girl that just happens to like anime.

October 6

35apqn7.jpg

Kobato
Clamp manga adaptation. The main character is a young girl that, for unknown reasons, needs to fill a mysterious bottle with the feelings of people with a heart in pain.

20kvfiv.jpg

Kimi ni Todoke
Shoujo manga adaptation by Production IG. About a girl with difficulty to make friends due to her likeness to The Ring's Sawako. Worth watching for Yuka Shibata's lovely character design and the confirmed 30 cuts of Kenichi Yoshida animation in the first episode. Trailer.

2vl2k9d.jpg

11eyes
Visual novel adaptation with bland character designs.

October 7

a44jsk.jpg

Sasameki Koto
A 15 year-old girl is secretly in love with her female best friend.

2u3wcv9.jpg

Cheburashka Arere
Based on the Russian “national character” Cheburashka. From Eduard Uspensky’s story about a mysterious creature who gets accidentally transported to Russia in a box of oranges.

October 8

2qbcbpc.jpg

DARKER THAN BLACK: Ryuusei no Gemini
Sequel to the Darker than Black TV show. Suou Pavlichenko, a cheerful 13 year old girl living in Russia, becomes embroiled in the war of the various factions and Contractors vying for power.

October 10

20z5ymw.jpg

Gokyoudai Monogatari
Creepy looking kids have heartwarming adventures in their community.

e96xyr.jpg

Blue Literature
Anime adaptation of four Japanese literary works. Designs by Death Note's Takeshi Obata and Bleach's Kubo Tite.

October 12

2cbhih.jpg

Fairy Tail
Shounen manga adaptation by Satelight. A young sorceress, Lucy Heartfilia, travels to the land of Fiore to join the magical Fairy Tail Guild. Along the way, she meets Natsu Dragneel, a teenage boy looking for a dragon named Igneel.

October 13

2jxnpy.jpg

Thriller Restaurant
Episodic horror show for kids.

October 15

2da0hmx.jpg

Kiddy Girl-and
The "long-awaited" sequel to Kiddy Grade. Set 50 years after the original.

2vabbsm.jpg

20jpqfl.jpg

Kuuchuu Buranko
Adaption of the award-winning collection of short stories by Hideo Okuda, directed Mononoke's Nakamura Kenji. The protagonist is an eccentric neurologist with an injection fetish and an Oedipus complex that is known for making patients much worse before they get better. SHOW OF THE YEAR RIGHT HERE, BROTHERS.

October 17

28tz1tu.jpg

Winter Sonata
Anime adaptation of popular Korean drama.

October 25

23wwjte.jpg

Mahoromatic: Special Chapter ~Tadaima◇Okaeri~
Two episode TV special of Gainax's robot-maid anime.

Date Unconfirmed

2hd71vd.jpg

Sangoku Engi
Chinese-Japanese anime adaptation of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel classic.

So, what are you looking forward to, GAF? Personally, I think I'll just help myself to some Sunred S2, Kimi ni Todoke and Kuuchuu Buranko.

harSon

Banned
Every season, I tell myself I'll get back into Anime but I never seem to. At least I made some progress this time around, watched both seasons of Hajime no Ippo :p

I'm reaaally looking forward to Kuuchuu Buranko. I loved Mononoke, and the premise sounds interesting. I doubt I'll be watching anything else. Maybe Kimi ni Todoke and Sunred S2 if I ever get around to finishing the first. Rest of the season does not interest me at all.

Tamanon

Banned
A library full of books that are actually dead people is guarded by armed librarians against a religious cult known as Sindeki Kyoudan. Yeah, that's what I said, too.

This sounds mildly interesting.:D

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
2qbcbpc.jpg

DARKER THAN BLACK: Ryuusei no Gemini
Sequel to the Darker than Black TV show. Suou Pavlichenko, a cheerful 13 year old girl living in Russia, becomes embroiled in the war of the various factions and Contractors vying for power.

FUCK YEAH!
I enjoyed the first one, well most of what I watched and even without seeing the title and just the pic, it looked interesting.

I will be watching this.

Is it weird to be interested in Inuyasha: Fina chapter?

25gq8go.jpg

artwork looks good.

NomarTyme

Nyan Koi Miracle Train: Welcome to the Chuo Line, Kimi ni Todoke, Blue Literature, Fairy Tail, and Thriller Restaurant. Looks to be interesting fall to me.

ReiGun

I can tell myself I'm not gonna watch Inuyasha, but I know it's a lie.

Also gonna watch Darker than Black.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
looks like an utterly weak season, nothing even remotely interesting there for me.

Kimi ni Todoke (the manga) is great, so I look forward to see how the anime adaptation turned out. Kuuchuu Buranko and Darker than Black 2 are also on the list.

Tegami Bachi also recently came out as an english manga; I think it will likely be worth a shot, too. Though the problem continues where just as english manga is released, japanese anime adaptations are, really confusing the marketplace...

Highly disturbed that there is a Kiddy Grade sequel. :lol

Holtz

Decent season. I will be watching DtB, Three Kingdoms, Kiddy Grade, Sasameki Koto, The Sacred Blacksmith and maybe Fairy Tail.

Dresden

Looks to be a terrible season.

Kuuchuu Buranko seems to be a must watch, but... what else? The Index spin-off is likely to be as boring as the main series, and the new Darker Than Black just doesn't interest me. The new Manglobe series looks like crap, although the trailer certainly had nice animation.

mAcOdIn

This season does look bland to me. I usually defend them but I dunno, not much here for me to really like.

I will follow Natsu No Arashi for sure, season one was an unexpected joy for me and it actually had probably the funniest episode of all year with the body switching episode, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Aside from that I will probably make an effort to catch Darker than Black, I've never seen the first but I'll give this one a shot. I may also finish Inuyasha just to fucking finish it, same with Asura Cryin'(which I thought would be good but really sucked). Aside from that hopefully something comes around and is good that I wasn't expecting.

mAcOdIn

Dresden said:
Huh, I just saw that Akiyuki Shinbo seems to have directed Natsu no Arashi. Is it any good?
YES. Seriously, the show caught me by surprise and the first episode was kind of a stinker but it really got good, real good. Watch it!

Dresden

mAcOdIn said:
YES. Seriously, the show caught me by surprise and the first episode was kind of a stinker but it really got good, real good. Watch it!

I'll give it a try then. Been looking for something other than ZSZS and Bakemonogatari to fill my time up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There are a few interesting shows in there, but nothing really stands out as something I really need to watch.

Given my slice of life fetish, I'll probably end up watching stuff like Kimi ni Todoke and Sasameki Koto.

Dresden

PowersOfTen said:
When will the Japanese audience tire of the generic underage girl with big tits wearing a schoolgirl uniform?

When will the American audience tire of the generic white protagonist with a firm jaw solve crime with pseudo-science?

That said, the answer is never.

Mikey Jr.

Theres only a small selection of shows that look interesting. I'll try Fairy Tale. The manga was alright, what I read of it anyways.

But one question, who is the demographic for (boy joins all girl school/boy turns into girl) show?

NomarTyme

firehawk12 said:
There are a few interesting shows in there, but nothing really stands out as something I really need to watch.

Given my slice of life fetish, I'll probably end up watching stuff like Kimi ni Todoke and Sasameki Koto.
My guilty pleasure!

7Th said:
2u3wcv9.jpg

Cheburashka Arere
Based on the Russian “national character” Cheburashka. From Eduard Uspensky’s story about a mysterious creature who gets accidentally transported to Russia in a box of oranges.
I will certainly be watching this. Just to experience how badly ones' childhood can be fucked with.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Darker than Black II?

Armed Librarians?

Win.

Dog boy and stock Mika tsundere in sailor fuku fail to kill Naraku for the 10,000th time?

Less.

As usual the season is filled with crap, but Fairy Tail makes it all worth it. I really hope it doesn't share the same fate as Rave. What's the last long-running shonen series that actually continued as an anime? Katekyo Hitman Reborn?

cosmicblizzard said:
As usual the season is filled with crap, but Fairy Tail makes it all worth it. I really hope it doesn't share the same fate as Rave. What's the last long-running shonen series that actually continued as an anime? Katekyo Hitman Reborn?
One piece?

Novid

Banned
Queen's Blade: Heir to the Throne: Gulty Pleasure of my friends, not too interested here.

Tentai Senshi Sunred Second Season: Winner!

InuYasha: The Final Chapter
Remember when Rumiko Takahashi was good, GAF: ONE GOOD MANGA 7th. ONE.

Tegami Bachi: Not sure...

Shin Koihime†Musou: OH HELL NO...

Cheburashka Arere: One series dealing with Russian Mascots...

DARKER THAN BLACK: Ryuusei no Gemini: ...another dealing with the Russian Mafia + others (Odessa perhaps?)

Blue Literature: This is a Head Scratcher...

Fairy Tail: A new long term series, hopes it doesnt caught up in its own hype.

Kuuchuu Buranko: Hmm this could be interesting...

Pein

Banned
inuyasha, guilty pleasure since I was in 6th grade. other then that maybe fairy tale and that black smith show.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
cosmicblizzard said:
Well as far as I'm aware the only long-running-Shonen-animes-based-on-a-manga on air right now are:

Conan
Sgt. Frog
One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Gintama
Reborn

So yeah, I guess Reborn is the youngest of the current crop.

jman2050

Angry Grimace said:
Dog boy and stock Mika tsundere in sailor fuku fail to kill Naraku for the 10,000th time?

Less.

To be fair, since the manga is finished, I'm pretty sure they actually eventually succeed this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom