• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

farnham

Banned
so i just beat captain vladimir and i am now ranked no.3

i really love what suda51 has done with the game so far

even more crazy enemies.. different characters (i loved both henry and shinobu.. unfortunately henry was really short) and 4 weapons to choose from that actually feel quite different (2 blades ftw).. and more crazy bosses (matt helms and magaret were the most memorable so far.. and ryuji.. damn that guy was really hard..)

Siaynoqq said:
At 8th ranked fight now and very disappointed so far.

It seems absolutely nothing was added to the combat system from the first game. No evolution whatsoever in combat for a game focused on combat? Pretty lame.

The Shinobu parts were just awful. Who the hell thought the platforming was ok?

The camera is pretty bad to the point of being really frustrating (and I generally dont mind a wonky camera from time to time).

Though I have to admit the retro games replacing the older side missions (though wtf is up with one that is not retro???) and the lack of gta-like driving to missions is a great plus.

It feels like a slightly more refined NMH, and I wasn't expecting a huge jump, but there is so little evolution to the series that I feel shafted and overall a bit disappointed. I still find it enjoyable, as the style and over-the-top antics keep me pulled in, but I was hoping for so much more.

The combat system is better. You can emergency evade forward now and that is big difference. Not to mention that the different beams are really distinct. And there is a far bigger difference in the low and high attacks. The supermoves are far more useful too, the last game had some really bad ones. I'm not sure how else to improve the combat from the first game, it was already pretty damn good.

I personally had no problems with Shinobu.

No camera problems either.

EDarkness

I have been sitting on this game for a long time, but I haven't really played it much. I started playing it again, and I finally have come to the conclusion that I really hate mini games. The mini games in this game are just not my cup of tea, and I would have rather they find a better way to train instead of these crappy mini games. I think this is why I haven't beaten it even though I've owned this game for months. This probably doesn't matter to many people, but in my frustration, I just need a moment to vent since I've been trying to pass the level 4 physical damage boost for almost an hour.

It's very annoying.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I didn't like some of the minigames either. I ignored the damage and health-increasing training missions until near the end of the game. When I was getting pummeled by
the third form of the last boss
, I figured I would quit and return to the city so I could finish training. Only problem was that you can't quit ranking fights anymore.

How they overlooked quiting ranked fights despite te first game having that option is ridiculous. Despite my love for this series, this game feels so incomplete.

EDarkness

Surgeon Rocket said:
I didn't like some of the minigames either. I ignored the damage and health-increasing training missions until near the end of the game. When I was getting pummeled by
the third form of the last boss
, I figured I would quit and return to the city so I could finish training. Only problem was that you can't quit ranking fights anymore.

How they overlooked quiting ranked fights despite te first game having that option is ridiculous. Despite my love for this series, this game feels so incomplete.

I know what you mean. I've given up on the health upgrade mini-game since there is no way in hell I can think of passing level 3. It's a shame, as I really liked the things they had in the first game. But developers are strange and sometimes I think they change things that worked just because they feel like something needs to change.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the story and the fighting in this game, but the mini-games really have to die a very violent death.

I had a few days free before I start my 60-hour a week internship and after my last final exam, so I decided to play NMH2. I wanted to rent it but both of the videostores next to my house didn't have it for rent, so I had to buy it at the store for $50. No biggy I thought since the first one definitively warranted that price.

That said, NMH2 is a step down from the first in every single way with the exception of the mini-games. The levels are shorter and less satisfying. The bosses are much less memorable, with weaker introductions/appeal. I miss the overworld, I loved it in the first one. I liked finding balls. There seems to be less moves, and there's less weapons. Although the mini-games are better, the side-battles were weaker. There's almost no point to making money since there's very little you can do with it.

The ending was very underwhelming, as is the whole plot in general (NO CRAZY TWISTS? this CAN'T be Suda 51...). Maybe some things are on par with the first, but since we've all seen it before, it's not fresh. All in all, it felt like an expansion pack with little new to offer. I'm disappointed. It was okay fun while it lasted, but I dont understand why review scores are higher on average for this game. The game lacks depth and the style that's supposed to make up for it is not fresh enough. Those telephone conversations were downright boring to listen to...oh and no bad girl.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Uncompromisable said:
but I dont understand why review scores are higher on average for this game.

People who had major issues with the first game didn't have those same major issues this time around. People who loved the first game for what it was miss the culmination of those smaller details that made the game as great as it was.

DarkKyo

I have not yet been through this entire thread, but does anyone happen to know where I can get hi-res scans of those pre-order bonus pics of the girls?

jrricky

Banned
Uncompromisable said:
I had a few days free before I start my 60-hour a week internship and after my last final exam, so I decided to play NMH2. I wanted to rent it but both of the videostores next to my house didn't have it for rent, so I had to buy it at the store for $50. No biggy I thought since the first one definitively warranted that price.

That said, NMH2 is a step down from the first in every single way with the exception of the mini-games. The levels are shorter and less satisfying. The bosses are much less memorable, with weaker introductions/appeal. I miss the overworld, I loved it in the first one. I liked finding balls. There seems to be less moves, and there's less weapons. Although the mini-games are better, the side-battles were weaker. There's almost no point to making money since there's very little you can do with it.

The ending was very underwhelming, as is the whole plot in general (NO CRAZY TWISTS? this CAN'T be Suda 51...). Maybe some things are on par with the first, but since we've all seen it before, it's not fresh. All in all, it felt like an expansion pack with little new to offer. I'm disappointed. It was okay fun while it lasted, but I dont understand why review scores are higher on average for this game. The game lacks depth and the style that's supposed to make up for it is not fresh enough. Those telephone conversations were downright boring to listen to...oh and no bad girl.
You do realize that some of what you liked thats now removed is why it got a higher score right?

Poyunch

Dechaios said:
I have not yet been through this entire thread, but does anyone happen to know where I can get hi-res scans of those pre-order bonus pics of the girls?
You're thinking of No More Heroes Paradise and not No More Heroes 2.

Uncompromisable said:

THREE > FOUR NOW?! Listen, I know some of you hold NMH1 on a high pedestal but this is ridiculous

JoeFu

Banned
Finally beat the game after not playing for a few months. Game was awesome, although not as wacky as the first game. I do miss the overworld, looking for balls and shirts was cool part about the first game, sad they took it all away.

I guess even though the game isn't crazy, no twists or whatever it was what Suda51 said it would be. It was a tale of Travis's revenge.

Also last boss was
easy, except for the stupid 2nd form... wtf at his stupid punch thing during the third phase. 3rd form was so easy though.

Peff

Zoramon089 said:
THREE > FOUR NOW?! Listen, I know some of you hold NMH1 on a high pedestal but this is ridiculous

Both have four, but NMH2 doesn't have any accesory and the last one is given to you after a mission, rendering Naomi pretty much useless.

Peff said:
Both have four, but NMH2 doesn't have any accesory and the last one is given to you after a mission, rendering Naomi pretty much useless.

Oh I remember now, you're original Bloodberry then the 3 Tsubaki's. Anyway, NMH2 has the same amount, not less

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Can't believe how extremely lttp I am with this considering how much I love the first one. Bit of a shame I missed the thread activity but I was away from gaming when this was released. Started it a couple of hours ago and unsurprisingly I'm loving everything about the sequel too.

Fuu said:
Can't believe how extremely lttp I am with this considering how much I love the first one. Bit of a shame I missed the thread activity but I was away from gaming when this was released. Started it a couple of hours ago and unsurprisingly I'm loving everything about the sequel too.

Welcome back to the garden of madness friend.

So I just picked this sucker up and was thinking about doing my Bitter run in the first game before jumping into this. Would you guys suggest it or do you think it doesn't matter?

CaVaYeRo

http://www.revogamers.net/noticias/travis-y-sus-chicas-de-copas-por-madrid-5062.html

Spanish presentation (Nintendo Spain is in charge of distribution here) with some actors in roles of Sylvia, Travis, Shinobu, etc.

NMH3.jpg

Suda couldn't come, so he sent a video-message saying he would've loved to be here so he could've had some wine/sangria with us :lol He also said battles in NMH are more intense, like if they were between Yakuza and Spanish mafiosos.

Dascu

You Spaniards better buy the game en masse to give the economy a boost before it drags the Euro all the way down to the 7th circle of hell.

CaVaYeRo said:
http://www.revogamers.net/noticias/travis-y-sus-chicas-de-copas-por-madrid-5062.html

Spanish presentation (Nintendo Spain is in charge of distribution here) with some actors in roles of Sylvia, Travis, Shinobu, etc.

NMH3.jpg

Suda couldn't come, so he sent a video-message saying he would've loved to be here so he could've had some wine/sangria with us :lol He also said battles in NMH are more intense, like if they were between Yakuza and Spanish mafiosos.

I know that in Spain we dont have lots of black woman models but come on! This is ridiculous. :lol
Travis is good though.

Great quote from Suda. Oh Suda, never change! :lol

Seeing this marketing by Nintendo Spain, I hope this time we get some ads and the game arrives to all the stores. I have had serious issues finding a copy of Sin and Punishment in Spain, I have to say this has been the first time (in Wii and DS times) that a Nintendo title gets treated as shitty as that here.
So yeah, fuck you NoE and Nintendo Spain!

Dascu said:
You Spaniards better buy the game en masse to give the economy a boost before it drags the Euro all the way down to the 7th circle of hell.
Im going to buy it, day 1, but I hope this isnt any kind of test for Spain.
We are idiots and the game is going to be pirated as all the games here are (in mass).

EDIT:
NMH4.jpg

What the? They didnt even have the european boxart (even if the games comes here in less than 2 weeks) and they use the ubisoft one :lol

Celine

SpacePirate Ridley said:
NMH4.jpg

What the? They didnt even have the european boxart (even if the games comes here in less than 2 weeks) and they use the ubisoft one :lol
Well, Ubisoft logo aside the european cover is the same as the US one.

Also :lol
@ spanish cosplayers.

EDIT:
no-more-heroes-2-desperate-struggle--20090810093248939.jpg
NMH6.jpg

:lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Australians who pre-order at GAME will get this:

2eajekg.jpg

Not that any of you guys care, but a couple friends and I decided to hang out and do chalk art on Saturday night, and because of all the NMH2 I had been playing up to that point, I decided to draw this picture of Travis worshiping a poster proclaiming the majesty of 3D Doritos (don't ask).

2r2vx3p.jpg

All things considered, I think it turned out pretty well, even if this crappy iPhone picture isn't doing it any favors.

Top Bottom