• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare |OT| "Aaaaargh, zombie cougars!"

Goldrusher

001_header_zombiefr2z4.jpg

"Undead Nightmare turns the world of Red Dead Redemption upside down.
The supernatural vibe and the return of some favorite characters create a whole new game inside an already incredible world.".

-- Dan Houser​

001_basicinfo8dzje.png

A huge expansion pack for Red Dead Redemption, featuring a ~6 hour singleplayer campaign, new weapons, animals, outfits, challenges and multiplayer modes.

Two ways to get it:

DOWNLOAD
$9.99 / €9.99 / 800 Microsoft Points

♦ October 26, 2010
♦ from the PlayStation Store / Xbox Live Arcade; 1.7 GB
♦ requires Red Dead Redemption

DISC
$29.99/ £24.99 / €29.99

♦ November 26, 2010
♦ standalone, does not require (nor include) the original Red Dead Redemption
♦ it does however include every RDR multiplayer mode, as well the MP expansions Outlaws to the End, Legends & Killers and Liars & Cheats

002_boxr9l8x.jpg

storyr2564.jpg

Seemingly overnight, a zombie plague ravages the once bountiful frontier, decimating the landscape and reawakening the dead. In towns, settlements, and outposts throughout the world, the uninfected citizens are left to fight for survival against waves of the undead. John Marston must ride out into the vast and terrifying world and survive long enough to find a cure.​

"Undead Nightmare DLC for Red Dead Redemption is not a “just add zombies” mod for the hit Western game. A huge, open landscape overrun with the walking dead is the central draw, sure, but Undead Nightmare’s changes run a lot deeper than that. Everything, from the music and color palette to the weather patterns and towns, has undergone drastic changes that give the Old West a much more unsettling, apocalyptic feel.

At the center of Undead Nightmare is a new story campaign, which will take about five hours to complete, and which, like the DLC episodes for GTA IV, will be accessible from the main menu at any time."

-- Mikel Reparaz, GamesRadar

newstuff893xr.jpg

"The undead in Red Dead aren't the shambling, slow moving creatures from some zombie flicks you might have seen. Some of them can move incredibly quickly, especially the variant that runs on all fours like dogs. There are also giant fat zombies with axes protruding from their decaying bodies and women who spit bile at you from a distance."

-- David Clayman, IGN

Note: the following is far from complete, more to be announced...​

undead454vt.png

♦ four unique zombie classes - each with their own characteristics
♦ zombie animals
♦ mythical creatures (spoilers ahead)
-
Sasquatch
-
The Four Horses of the Apocalypse
-
Chupacabra
-
Unicorn

004_weaponrywtow0.png

♦ Blunderbuss - which uses zombie body parts as ammo
♦ Torch
♦ Holy Water
♦ Phosphorus Coating (all ammo)

multi8z56n.png

♦ Undead Overrun, a brand new multiplayer survival mode where waves of infected enemies attack and players must work together to stay alive against increasingly difficult odds.
♦ 8 multiplayer zombie characters​

also3q4ou.png

♦ new outfits (Zombie Hunter, Union Suit, Legend of the Apocalypse)
♦ new challenges (Treasure Hunter, Undead Hunter, Sharpshooter)
♦ new secret location
♦ new random events
♦ Missing Persons, where the player must find a missing survivor lost amongst the throngs of undead​

003_photovideoqkwa0.jpg

trailersv43g1.png

000_spacersuom6.png
000_spacersuom6.png
000_spacersuom6.png
000_spacersuom6.png

DEBUT TRAILER                                                                                     OFFICIAL TRAILER
September 30, 2010                                                                                 October 13, 2010

000_spacersuom6.png
000_spacersuom6.png
000_spacersuom6.png
000_spacersuom6.png

GRAVEYARDS TRAILER                                                                           WEAPONS TRAILER
October 18, 2010                                                                                     October 19, 2010

UNDEAD OVERRUN TRAILER
October 21, 2010      ​

008_screenss1gmm.png

faqwh6f4.jpg

010_faq8uyb.png

SHOULD I FINISH RED DEAD REDEMPTION FIRST ?
Not to actually play the game, but you should.
Undead Nightmare begins around the time the original game ends, takes place on the entire map and you meet a lot of characters from the original game as well.​

010_help1uvk.png

TROPHIES / ACHIEVEMENTS
There are 12 new trophies to be earned.

♦ PS3Trophies.org
♦ Xbox360Achievements.org

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Wow! Zombies in the West! great idea if you ask me. Will be getting this soon. It makes me wonder, are there any zombie westerns?

You know, just when I was feeling burned out on zombies, this comes along and reignites my love. Even better that it's Red Dead.

Zombie animals? Sold.

Niblet

Didn't even know this was something in the works! Wow, definitely going to pick this up when I get my 360 S. Do we know approximately how much content is included in the single player?

Reknoc said:
I didn't realise this was getting a disc release. I almost want to buy it just for the boxart :lol
Oh. I guess I'll buy the retail version for the cover, too. :lol Still havent finished RDR :(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Looks awesome and I'm so down for some more RDR.

Curious about the disc release. Will it just include an alternate version of the overworld? Will you be able to explore and roam freely with it?

Neo Child said:
so is there a new single player story or is it just multiplayer stuff, read the first post but didnt understand it =[

"At the center of Undead Nightmare is a new story campaign, which will take about five hours to complete, and which, like the DLC episodes for GTA IV, will be accessible from the main menu at any time."

Dead

well not really...yet
Cerebral Assassin said:
"At the center of Undead Nightmare is a new story campaign, which will take about five hours to complete, and which, like the DLC episodes for GTA IV, will be accessible from the main menu at any time."
5 hours just for the campaign, and endless hours spent on new challenges and just wasting zombies? :D

Gribbix

As I mentioned in the original thread, the DLC versions may be best option since the new weapons they added in the DLCs can also be used in singleplayer (at least the weapons from the first 2 DLCs. I don't know if the torch and blunderbuss from Undead Nightmare will also carry over to the original singleplayer game). Since the disk-based version is completely standalone, I'm pretty certain the new weapons will not be accessible in the original singleplayer game if you decide to go with the disk-based version.

Never played RDR. Standalone disc has my interest. Might get when it comes out, whenever that is.

The Four Horsemen! Whoa! Any more mythical/supernatural creatures and this might be even more interesting...

Reknoc

Gribbix said:
As I mentioned in the original thread, the DLC versions may be best option since the new weapons they added in the DLCs can also be used in singleplayer (at least the weapons from the first 2 DLCs. I don't know if the torch and blunderbuss from Undead Nightmare will also carry over to the original singleplayer game). Since the disk-based version is completely standalone, I'm pretty certain the new weapons will not be accessible in the original singleplayer game if you decide to go with the disk-based version.

A small sacrifice for not taking up a chunk of my tiny 360 HDD. Certainly not as bad as the removal of the best radio station in GTAIV for the disc based episodes.

Gribbix

Snuggler said:
I can't find the retail version on Amazon. Is it confirmed for the US?
Yes. The disk-based version was just announced today.
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...red_dead_redemptions_undead_nightmare.article
Rockstar Games said:
Also coming soon, Undead Nightmare, a single, stand-alone disc that bundles together for the first time ever, the Undead Nightmare Pack, the Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack, the Legends and Killers Pack, the Liars and Cheats Pack and all the Multiplayer Free Roam modes released to date. Undead Nightmare will be available at retail stores everywhere for $29.99/£24.99/€29.99 and does not require a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play.

vg260

Excited to see this available as a standalone. I got rid of my copy months ago, but am very interested in this. *crosses fingers for Redbox availability*

Dead

well not really...yet
ezekial45 said:
I haven't tried the other DLC, how exactly do you play it? Is it a separate option in the main menu or start menu?
The other DLC is all multiplayer, there's no "options" for it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
But wouldn't John Martson.......

anyway part of me still can't believe this is real. We need like a vampire mod for this or GTA, and not that wimpy Twilight shit.

Amir0x

Banned
wtf why is this the first I'm hearing of this shit?!~

I didn't care for Red Dead Redemption but for some reason I sorta want this. And I don't have a zombie fetish either! :lol

Don

I'm tempted to get the disc release since I haven't bought any of the other dlc yet, and it would probably be cheaper to get them that way than buying it all seperate.

Also I really like that boxart.

Kurtofan

Neuromancer said:
I wish it
brought John back from the dead for the after-game stuff
I was so shocked by that I reloaded a save,but it didn't felt right ;-;

Also I want to know why we have to wait a day for the DLC?

Top Bottom