• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare |OT| "Aaaaargh, zombie cougars!"

Nelo Ice

Banned
expansion looks great but im actually kinda excited to play free roam hold em and liars dice online :lol

glad theyre packaging all the dlc since i wouldnt have bought them individually

Zeliard

Linkzg said:
I had no clue this had single player content. Will totally get this now.

Yeah, that makes it tempting since I really enjoyed RDR's Euphoria-driven gunplay, and shooting zombies would probably be fun even if zombies are a bit passé at this point.

Kittonwy

Banned
Goldrusher said:
84.jpg

Zombie cougar?
Indifferent2.gif

I haven't even beaten the main game and I'm all over this for the single player. Rockstar seems to be really on point with the way they handle DLC. I wish more companies would release expansion single player episodes like this. Between Undead Nightmares and Costume Quest halloween should be nice for gaming this year.

Ninja Scooter said:
I haven't even beaten the main game and I'm all over this for the single player. Rockstar seems to be really on point with the way they handle DLC. I wish more companies would release expansion single player episodes like this. Between Undead Nightmares and Costume Quest halloween should be nice for gaming this year.

The DLC for Red Dead has been way sub par compared to GTAIV's episodes. The first pack was a multiplayer pack (really?), and the Liars and Cheats pack should've been free. This is the first really worthwhile DLC for RDR IMO.

dreamfall

Rockstar knows how to do Single Player DLC. The GTA Episodes were absolutely incredible, and very engaging. I like the Weird Western theme they've got going this time around, and the fact that it is coming out right before Halloween is brilliant. It's definitely going to change the game up for the zanier!

JDSN

Banned
Why do people still use that bullshit line "This aint the zombies you used to know" line, fast zombies are the rule nowadays, way to copy and paste the press release.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Still deciding if I should get the disc version. But I don't play multiplayer so I think it'd be best to just download it.

Yeah, the disc version is kind of a rip off if you're not interested in the multiplayer. This looks awesome, but it's a short campaign and only a $10 value.

Snuggler said:
Yeah, the disc version is kind of a rip off if you're not interested in the multiplayer. This looks awesome, but it's a short campaign and only a $10 value.
I'll probably do that. There are other stuff I wanted so I need some points anyway.

By the way, does the multiplayer content provide any single player content? Like unlockable weapons, characters, etc.?

Haven't played this in awhile.

The zombie DLC will definitely pull me back into it.

Dead

well not really...yet
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I'll probably do that. There are other stuff I wanted so I need some points anyway.

By the way, does the multiplayer content provide any single player content? Like unlockable weapons, characters, etc.?

Haven't played this in awhile.

The zombie DLC will definitely pull me back into it.
Multiplayer unlocks Tomahawks and the Explosive Rifle + respective challenges in single player.

Deware80

Banned
"If this demo is anything to go by, Rockstar Games has gone to pains to provide an all-new gaming experience. Like a digital Dr. Frankenstein, the company has stitched together the best parts from previous zombie games. You've got the stronghold sieges from Nazi Zombies, the hapless survivors from Dead Rising, the assortment of different zombie types from Left 4 Dead and the ammo conservation from Resident Evil. All these elements are tied to a compelling narrative with the original voice actors in tow: not bad for 15 bucks!"

- goodgearguide preview

I think we might have the potential GOTY here folks.

Can't wait for this. I just started my second playthrough of RDR, but am definitely more interested in this right now, love halloween time.

ummo

Banned
i love red dead, i play it mostly on PS3 (having the 360 version too) but sadly the PS3 undead stand-alone will be in sub-hd too, can't stop complaining about this graphic issue :(...

rjfs

Neo Member
Anyone know if it's necessary to play the main game before jumping into this? I have RDR but haven't played more than about an hour if it and this is more appealing to me than the main game.

Goldrusher

rjfs said:
Anyone know if it's necessary to play the main game before jumping into this? I have RDR but haven't played more than about an hour if it and this is more appealing to me than the main game.
It's a fantastic game you really should consider playing.
But to answer your question: no.

ShinAmano said:
OK...just to clarify I can pick up the Disk and not need RDR right? Does the disk have all of RDR on it?
All the info you need is in the OP.
The disc only contains Undead Nightmare and Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer modes. Not Red Dead Redemption itself.

rjfs said:

While playing the main campaign I think you can just pause and switch over to this pack and just play it.

Edie: Someone quoted this on the first page, not sure if its correct:

"At the center of Undead Nightmare is a new story campaign, which will take about five hours to complete, and which, like the DLC episodes for GTA IV, will be accessible from the main menu at any time."

Hey You

rjfs said:
Nope. Well, you may see some characters from the main game in this DLC but it shouldn't ruin the Main story.

ShinAmano

Goldrusher said:
It's a fantastic game you really should consider playing.
But to answer your question: no.

All the info you need is in the OP.
The disc only contains Undead Nightmare and Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer modes. Not Red Dead Redemption itself.
I read that, but I was not sure if I needed RDR to play the dick version of UN. Guess I don't...and that is good since I borrowed RDR when I played it.

Ledsen

ShinAmano said:
OK...just to clarify I can pick up the Disk and not need RDR right? Does the disk have all of RDR on it?

Of course not, that would be an insane deal. It's just the expansion.

Neiteio

I can't wait for this. I'm most intrigued by talk of the world's overall feel being different. One site (mentioned in the OP, I believe) cited a different color pallete, different weather, etc, for a more post-apocalyptic feel. If this means more of those gorgeous thunderstorms, I'm all for it!

I'm going for the standalone disk, I believe. Saves space on the PS3's HDD and ensures I'll always be able to play it. Plus, all this other DLC I never bought is included! And dat boxart... Now I just need a release date!

(ALSO: Note to self: Still need to play RE5: Lost in Nightmares, RE5: Desperate Escape and BioShock 2: Minerva's Den.)

Top Bottom