• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare |OT| "Aaaaargh, zombie cougars!"

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Neuromancer said:
I wish it
brought John back from the dead for the after-game stuff

And if you could
control him to kill people, like that ugly bitch of a wife he has
that would be so worth it.

MollyMillions

Neo Member
Red Dead Redemption Main Game Spoilers:
Since John is dead, and in everyone's save from the end of the game, they are playing as Jack, does this mean that you enter Undead Nightmare from a separate option on the menu, or does it roll the clock back, or can you play UN as Jack?

truly101 said:
But wouldn't John Martson.......

anyway part of me still can't believe this is real. We need like a vampire mod for this or GTA, and not that wimpy Twilight shit.

Game takes place during the part of the game before the ending but after John's accomplished his mission.

Dabanton

About when in the timeline it's set.

The Undead Nightmare story takes place during the
“home” period of the main game, while John is trying to rebuild his ranch but before the end of the game, a period that we imagined took several months. You play Undead Nightmare as John, and it is an entirely stand alone game that runs separately from Red Dead Redemption’s main story. As for whether it’s literally a nightmare or not – you are going to have to play the game and find out for yourself…

Dabanton

“@R* Hey are the zombie animals going to be stronger/faster than their normal counterparts?” – BlackwaterColt

Well, they won’t necessarily be faster considering they’re undead – but they will be a lot more difficult to kill. Good luck!

Gulp. :0

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Reknoc said:
A small sacrifice for not taking up a chunk of my tiny 360 HDD. Certainly not as bad as the removal of the best radio station in GTAIV for the disc based episodes.
Explain PLease

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I completed the PS3 version (not 100% though), but considering getting the X360 version instead as I hear it looks a lot better (yeah, I'm a graphics whore, hang me). Maybe I should wait for a GOTY edition? Though Rockstar isn't known for releasing GOTY editions, so I guess that I could be waiting forever. Maybe I'll try and get RDR cheap someplace.

Dabanton

truly101 said:
Tell me about it. Normal bears and cougars fuck my shit up enough as it is.

I was in tall Trees yesterday trying to blow up a Cougar with some dynamite. But i kept attracting the attention of the local bears one of whom surprised my horse and killed it. I went flying landed turned around and saw two bears storming towards me. I legged it down a path and turned around again two bears had become three bears all chasing me. Luckily i managed to take them down with my shotgun but for those few seconds i was crapping myself.

Zombie bears are going to be a nightmare. :lol and i was just thinking about the Wolves as well as they hunt in packs and oh my god i hope the boars are not undead. :0

~Kinggi~

Banned
This is like one of those ideas that every gamer looks at and dreams about being released but never gets their hopes up cause its too awesome to be real.

Mr. Sam

I want an epilogue where [main game end spoilers]
you play as Jack and have to, I dunno, duel John's undead corpse.

gdt

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Red Dead or ME2 is my GOTW. So I can't wait.

Step it up Bioware! Give me ME Zombies!

owlbeak

Thanks to you assholes who didn't label that your spoiler tags were in regards to the FUCKING ENDING to the single player campaign.

Dead

well not really...yet
Mr. Sam said:
I would definitely love a post game DLC, in any form. New missions, new challenges, new animals, weapons, some new areas, etc.

HOW DID I NOT HEAR ABOUT THIS UNTIL NOW?!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT

Mr. Sam said:
I'd just put down the controller and let what happens happen.

No Jack, I will NOT work and I am NOT A DAMN NAG

Dynamic3

I really want the disc version but I don't want to swap discs when I want to switch between og sp and the new dlc. If you can somehow buy the disc version and import all of the content so that you can just leave the og RDR disc in to access everything then I'm all in, prob not happening though.

I'm rebuying the game for this expansion. Thought about the standalone disc, but I never touched RDR's online component, so I'd rather just have the full game and Undead Nightmare.

ConradCervantes said:
I'm rebuying the game for this expansion. Thought about the standalone disc, but I never touched RDR's online component, so I'd rather just have the full game and Undead Nightmare.

I'm with you (on having the full game + the zombie DLC). I rebought the game a month after selling it. It really is one of my favorite games of this generation and probably of all time. I don't play online multiplayer and felt that the game was robust without it (though what I have played of the multiplayer is fun and a nice addition). I've been hyped for this DLC for months (back when they first announced it) and can't wait to get home from work and zombie cowboys, saloon girls, bears, cougars, etc,. and for only $9.99!

-Mikey-

So excited for this. I planned on downloading this immediately but after seeing the amazing boxart and not having any of the dlc I might wait. Hope it releases soon though!

I wonder if the 360 version of the disc will include the Solomon's Folly hideout?

Also, looks like this might be it for RDR DLC. No Cochinay or Torquemada gang hideouts for Free Roam :(

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
I've been rocking this game a lot lately and the fun just keeps coming.

I've been racking up all of those Trophies I missed during my original play-through. I may actually Platinum this one day. :lol

Top Bottom