• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare |OT| "Aaaaargh, zombie cougars!"

Don

Looks like a lot of characters are returning for this.

I hope Edgar Ross shows up and gets eaten by a zombie.

abundant said:
0L0WC.jpg

I hope big foot isn't part of a mission. I'd prefer it if it was just a single spawned very rare creature that needed hunting.

TTG

InaudibleWhispa said:
I hope big foot isn't part of a mission. I'd prefer it if it was just a single spawned very rare creature that needed hunting.

That would make sense, there was a unique bear, leopard, wolf and boar after all. Just don't put him on the radar like they did with those guys.

Anyway, I love RDR to death, but having played both of the GTA episodes, I'm gonna take the wait and see approach on this one. Especially considering this is cheaper(thus smaller?) than The Lost and the Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony.

I'm a tad confused about Undead Nightmare. Can you freeroam the entire map of RDR and just hunt zombies? Or is the story/mission setup location based (meaning you'll bump into invisible walls all over)?

Hey You

R* Twitter said:
Big #RDR #UndeadNightmare Launch Trailer is coming tmrw Mon @ noon eastern time. Less than 2 days til Undead DLC release on XBL & PSN!

Edit: I wonder if the trailer linked above is the one they are talking about?

Loxley

Despite already being my GotY by a mile, It's been a while since I touched RDR. After I 100%'ing the game four days after it came out (not bragging since I fucking marathoned that thing) I sort of moved on after half-way through my second playthrough.

So I'm totally amped for this tomorrow, my Tuesday nights are usually open, perfect window to enjoy this to the fullest :D

Oneself

:lol 10$ ?? I'm so buying this on day one!! It actually looks better and more fun than most zombie games out there.

As I think about it, too bad I lost my RDR game save about a month ago.. (YLOD) =(

Sqorgar

Banned
This might be a weird question, but if I get the disc version of this, would it be able to play online with the original game without all the DLC? Seems like it would, but I know the Liberty City episodes weren't compatible with each other.

seady

I never like the idea of DLC as I always feel they are just tack-on to milk more money out of a game, but this could be my first time purchasing DLC ever. I adore RDR and I adore Zombies.

Those PSN muhfukkaz better have the update up when I get off work tonight. None of this "Whoops it's 8:00, time for the weekly PSN update, tee hee!" shit from Grace.

ConradCervantes said:
Those PSN muhfukkaz better have the update up when I get off work tonight. None of this "Whoops it's 8:00, time for the weekly PSN update, tee hee!" shit from Grace.
*insert Kassatsu avatar quote*

I just read three different reviews for this and none of them even gave a rough estimate of how long the new campaign is. I wonder if they've been prevented from disclosing it.

Denzar

Hmmm... I've been planning to buy RDR on 360 now that I have a working one. Played it on PS3, but I want to play through it again, but I'll go for the 360 version this time, so I'll better buy that expansion after I bought the 360 version.

I want to see more shrubbery!

owlbeak

theignoramus said:
I just read three different reviews for this and none of them even gave a rough estimate of how long the new campaign is. I wonder if they've been prevented from disclosing it.
Multiple previews have stated ~5 Hours.

Also, like...the first line in the OP ;]
A huge expansion pack for Red Dead Redemption, featuring a ~5 hour singleplayer campaign, new weapons, animals, outfits, challenges and multiplayer modes.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Deepack said:
Hmmm... I've been planning to buy RDR on 360 now that I have a working one. Played it on PS3, but I want to play through it again, but I'll go for the 360 version this time, so I'll better buy that expansion after I bought the 360 version.

I want to see more shrubbery!

I' m in the same boat. I finished the game's storyline on the PS3, but haven't done most of the side stuff. Been thinking about getting this on the X360 instead, since it's supposedly better. Wonder if I can get it cheap somewhere.

owlbeak

Dabanton said:
Yeah it should be up by now.

But it's almost 11.00am over here in the uk so maybe they'll flip the switch then.
Not up yet...only stuff for Undead Nightmare are the picture pack, the theme, and trailer. Boooo! Wonder if the theme is any good? I hate microsoft for being so fucking idiotic, why can't I preview themes? >:[

Dabanton

Horsebite said:
Not up yet...only stuff for Undead Nightmare are the picture pack, the theme, and trailer. Boooo! Wonder if the theme is any good? I hate microsoft for being so fucking idiotic, why can't I preview themes? >:[

Yeah i was just on Live like you said you can see it on the picture frame but when you enter it it's nowhere to be seen.

owlbeak

This is awesome. Single player is really nice so far, and the voice overs are very "Halloween"-esque and ominous! Really great for this time of year. The zombies animations are awesome as well and they look excellent.

Also just played a game of the new multiplayer zombie survival (Undead Overrun) mode and it is great! Just horde mode with zombies, multiple waves, different zombie types, difficulty increases the higher waves you get. I was playing hardcore with two other guys and we made it to wave 9 before we got split up and one guy went down and we never had a chance to get him. I was overrun shortly after and then the last guy got nom'd on.

Can't wait to play more of both single and multi! :D

Lakitu

st5fu
What the fuck? Is it just me or is it off XBLM now? (I'm in UK)

I started the download 5 minutes ago and it was stuck on 1% so I cancelled it. Went back on it and it was nowhere to be found. When it comes back on, I better be able to download it again... I just spent 800 points on that.

Edit: It's working now, thankfully.

Top Bottom