• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF at this controller

Coming soon from the folks at iController Enterprises, LLC:

gamtheavengercontroller530.jpg

I'm just going to go ahead and copy the entire PR statement if that's OK:

The N-Control Avenger XBOX 360 Accessory Promises to Revolutionize Gameplay in Call of Duty: Black Ops

MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--iControl Enterprises, LLC., a new and innovative gaming accessory manufacturer, has released an accessory for the Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) XBOX 360™ controller, which is guaranteed to provide users with “the ultimate gaming advantage.” The N-Control Avenger claims to be “the most sophisticated secret weapon in the gaming industry,” and gamers everywhere are looking forward to its official release this week.

“We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts.”

The Avenger is an external adapter that houses the existing XBOX 360 controller to enhance gameplay. This accessory tightly grips the controller’s exterior surface, providing an immersive gaming experience through an intuitive user-interface. “It enhances the gamer’s manual dexterity and situational awareness by improving accuracy and reaction time,” says David Kotkin, lead designer of The N-Control Avenger. “This sophisticated accessory is specially engineered for those who want to push their gaming abilities to new heights.” The Avenger allows for rapid, fluid movements between individual buttons and analogue sticks, allowing gamers to access nine functions simultaneously. The adapter comes equipped with a stabilizer tripod, high-precision tension straps, hair-triggers, and sensitivity adjusters, which can be fine-tuned like a musical instrument.

The Avenger’s release date coincides with the launch of Activision’s groundbreaking game, Call of Duty: Black Ops. Activision Publishing, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) and award-winning developer Treyarch will position gamers behind enemy lines in this latest installment of the immensely popular, first-person shooter series. Mark Lamia, Studio Head for Treyarch, comments on the excitement behind the game’s official release: "We can't wait for our community to experience Call of Duty: Black Ops." Lamia adds, "We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts."

The N-Control Avenger hopes to enhance the gameplay in Call of Duty: Black Ops and other popular titles, such as Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Fallout: New Vegas, and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. The accessory can be ordered online from the N-Control website for $59.99.

Seriously WTF?!

Update:

avenger23.jpg

ultron87

Obviously this is for people who hold the controller wrong and can't hit shoulder buttons and face buttons at the same time.

Amir0x

Banned
Haunted said:
a fool and his money...

so, who will take one for the team?

i want to know what those limbs are doing. i can't actually make heads-or-tails of the functionality :lol

Amir0x said:
I'm not exactly sure what those things do, but did they say nine actions simultaneously!?

It seems that the extensions to the triggers can be nudged by your index finger in an upward movement. This way your thumb doesn't have to release the right analog stick to reach the face buttons.

Askani

Amir0x said:
i want to know what those limbs are doing. i can't actually make heads-or-tails of the functionality :lol

I think the limbs are there so you can keep your thumbs on the sticks at all times and still hit the other buttons?

EDIT ::::

Beaten. :(

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think I see how it works actually. It looks like those lever things over the shoulder triggers depress the button when you move your index finger outward.

I can see what they were trying to do here, allow you to press buttons without moving your fingers around the controller. Its actually an interesting idea towards making the controller more responsive. It just looks like shit.

Mindlog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4AMHKA-dnI

It actually doesn't look as terrible in practice. The whole idea is that you can hit every button without moving your thumb. Brilliant!

It's just that this implementation of the concept has a bit of Rube Goldberg influence :lol

I applaud his efforts. The real solution is so simple. Grab some playdough and squeeze it. Buttons go there and analog stick goes on top of the controller.

TommyT

Mindlog said:

It actually doesn't look as terrible in practice. The whole idea is that you can hit every button without moving your thumb. Brilliant!

It's just that this implementation of the concept has a bit of Rube Goldberg influence :lol

I applaud his efforts. The real solution is so simple. Grab some playdough and squeeze it. Buttons go there and analog stick goes on top of the controller.

I wonder if the Danny kid in the video is the same one that gave the quote.

Honestly though, not many games benefit from being able to use the face buttons and the sticks simultaneously. They're designed that way.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It's not hard to see what the idea behind it is from the pics, but watching the video I see it's for disabled kids - can't hate on that, people.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like something my dentist would use.

confused

Banned
Push upwards from the triggers to activate X + Y. Looks quite handy as it allows most face buttons to be pressed without taking your fingers too far off the triggers or your thumbs of the sticks.

Boonoo

Mindlog said:

The trouble with that is that unless it's fixed to you in some way it become hard (quite a bit slower) to hit the buttons while maintaining a nice grip on the controller.

It also looks like your middle finger can be held beneath the controller while controlling the bumpers with some sort of tie rip contraption..

Top Bottom