• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF at this controller

Jme

charlequin said:
My favorite part of the video is when they reverently demonstrate that blowing on your controller will activate one of the buttons as if this is somehow a good thing

hfc1.jpg

dejay

Banned
Now getting carpal tunnel syndrome is even easier!

I actually think it's a good idea (apart from afore mentioned CTS) but I'd have to see some reviews (and then still not buy it, because I'm only in it for the fun).

PjotrStroganov said:
It also looks like your middle finger can be held beneath the controller while controlling the bumpers with some sort of tie rip contraption..

I've always thought controllers should give you the option of that - you have eight fingers and two thumbs, but with a controller you're generally wasting 8 fingers that are just sitting there under the controller.

Threi

notag
fucking GAF noobs can't appreciate the benefit this controller ads to the professional CoD scene.

Stick to your baby shooters, this is a MAN's controller.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Guevara said:
That video was terrible. It may or may not be a good product but they're doing an awful job of selling it. It's 5 minutes of incoherent rambling, poorly angled views of the device and difficult to follow demonstrations.

Some controller mods can actually improve the experience for certain players. I'm a big fan of the FPS Freek, for example. But it really comes down to comfort, which is subjective. Claims that a controller mod will automatically make you better or are guaranteed to help you win are misleading and disrespectful to the consumer.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
whoa

I'm pretty sure those wires are supposed to be attached to your nipples, kind of a vitality sensor type of deal

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Half of you are jealous that they don't have something similar for PS3 controllers and the other half is mocking the idea in public but are secretly ordering it so you gain some advantage in multiplayer.

Booshka

charlequin said:
Now you, too, can learn an insanely baroque new method of controlling your favorite games!

My favorite part of the video is when they reverently demonstrate that blowing on your controller will activate one of the buttons as if this is somehow a good thing
I sneezed on the right trigger activator and betrayed my teammates with rockets. I want my money back.

Askani

Booshka said:
I sneezed on the right trigger activator and betrayed my teammates with rockets. I want my money back.

That's your own fault for not buying the optional sneeze guard for $24.95.

Kritz

Banned
I must be the only one who found the PR speak more confusing and meaningless than the actual device. Here's the entire PR quote, containing only the buzzwords:

Revolutionize Gameplay
a new and innovative
guaranteed to provide users with “the ultimate gaming advantage
most sophisticated secret weapon
the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts
providing an immersive gaming experience through an intuitive user-interface.
“This sophisticated accessory is specially engineered for those who want to push their gaming abilities to new heights.”'
rapid, fluid movements
Activision’s groundbreaking game,
position gamers behind enemy lines
installment of the immensely popular,
creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts." (THIS IS THE SAME LINE AS ABOVE WHAAAT)

In fact, I am not convinced a human wrote that. They had a machine make those words at random. I'm positive the same technology must be going into IGN's game reviews.

Mindlog

SapientWolf said:
That video was terrible. It may or may not be a good product but they're doing an awful job of selling it. It's 5 minutes of incoherent rambling, poorly angled views of the device and difficult to follow demonstrations.

Some controller mods can actually improve the experience for certain players. I'm a big fan of the FPS Freek, for example. But it really comes down to comfort, which is subjective. Claims that a controller mod will automatically make you better or are guaranteed to help you win are misleading and disrespectful to the consumer.

Everything about the presentation is amateur hour. What they should do is drop all of the testimonials. Find some guy to do voice over on the cheap and focus on ergonomics. Then (as dryly as possible) present some bullshit stats about how fast you cant hit the buttons/triggers. Finally, close with the feel good story about the disabled player being able to enjoy his game more.

SamuraiX- said:
For fuck's sake.

This really is turning into the handicapped generation of gaming. Like Call of Duty wasn't easy enough. :lol

Agreed.
I only play PC games with a modified Apple Puck.

I don't need comfortable buttons on my mouse. Lazy cheating bastards.

Kritz said:
Revolutionize Gameplay
a new and innovative
guaranteed to provide users with “the ultimate gaming advantage
most sophisticated secret weapon
the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts
providing an immersive gaming experience through an intuitive user-interface.
“This sophisticated accessory is specially engineered for those who want to push their gaming abilities to new heights.”'
rapid, fluid movements
Activision’s groundbreaking game,
position gamers behind enemy lines
installment of the immensely popular,
creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts." (THIS IS THE SAME LINE AS ABOVE WHAAAT)

7340_aceventura.gif

KevinCow

Banned
Alright, so I sorta get that the dongles hooked up to X and Y are supposed to let you press them with your index fingers, but what the hell is going on with the B button?

Monocle

It's like some sort of chastity belt for your controller. Except, paradoxically, it makes the controller easier to molest. How curious.

X26

Banned
2&2 said:
This is seriously a godsend if this helps those with physical hand issues to play. Props to the company if so.

yea for sure, not a bad idea at all in that regard

Sew

I think it looks awesome, and the concept behind it is sound. I've got enough weird and wonderful controllers though.

And yeah, shame about the embarrassing PR.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Ok if this is meant to help disabled players out and all , how in the hell are they meant to get the case on and adjust the levers??

if it works well then props if not just looks well really odd

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Booshka said:
Let's be honest. You were going to do that anyway. The device just made it easier.

I wonder how far away we are from controlling games with our minds.

Top Bottom