• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF at this controller

sk3tch

Dreams-Visions said:
my little brother does the whole Gamebattles Clan thing hardcore.
I think he'll love it for Gears.

my little bro does too...i'm in for one. if i don't like it i can kick it back to him. and if nothing else, ebay the damn thing or get a refund. they offer a money back guarantee...and for $55 shipped for a piece of plastic - they better!

Parch

Do you guys make fun of wheelchairs too?

They reviewed this on X-Play. This is designed for people with physical disabilities, not for the average gamer. Sheesh.

sk3tch said:
my little bro does too...i'm in for one. if i don't like it i can kick it back to him. and if nothing else, ebay the damn thing or get a refund. they offer a money back guarantee...and for $55 shipped for a piece of plastic - they better!
Just ordered it. Looks like I should have it around this time next week.

Will post impressions. Maybe in a new thread with a less stupid name. :)

Parch said:

They reviewed this on X-Play. This is designed for people with physical disabilities, not for the average gamer. Sheesh.
:-/

Brofist

Neuromancer said:
Some good lulz to be had here as well:

http://www.avengercontroller.com/

sidequote66.png
"surroudings" lol. Is that like transfarring?

Mindlog

Parch said:

I'm willing to bet it would work great for the average gamer.

RockmanWhore said:
The idea isn't stupid but it looks ridiculous. And at that price they could have made a brand new controller with more triggers instead of this monstruosity. Something like this last gen controller :

http://i.imgur.com/JTPb0.jpg
That controllers look great. It still needs a few more adjustments, but I like the layout far more than DS3 and 360p. I wish Razer would tweak a similar controller.

Parch

Perhaps this isn't being advertised properly. The design is not intended to improve the existing controller and provide an advantage. In fact it probably does the opposite.

What it does is make games playable for those with a physical disability, like those with artificial limbs or limited finger mobility. Console gaming has been unplayable for many because of the controller, and now this allows them to play.

People here are totally missing the point of the design. It's not intended for the average gamer.

Parch said:

Parch said:
Perhaps this isn't being advertised properly. The design is not intended to improve the existing controller and provide an advantage. In fact it probably does the opposite.

What it does is make games playable for those with a physical disability, like those with artificial limbs or limited finger mobility. Console gaming has been unplayable for many because of the controller, and now this allows them to play.

People here are totally missing the point of the design. It's not intended for the average gamer.
It's being marketed to regular gamers, you can settle down now. Read the press release from the OP again. I don't think a little good natured-ribbing is somehow out of order.

USD

BuddhaRockstar said:
Allow me to introduce you to...

THE CLAW!

The-Claw.png
Heh, this is how I used to play Mega Man X on SNES as a kid. Thumb for Y and B, curled index finger for the A button, so I could jump, shoot, and dash at the same time. Though when I play the game now, I re-map the dash button to one of the shoulder buttons.

And on a controller-related note, is there a controller similar to the Mad Catz Modern Warfare 2 controller, but with four buttons on the underside, allowing all the face buttons to be accessed without removing your right thumb from the stick?

KnoBi.jpg

And sometimes I just wish I could use a mouse and keyboard, just for the ability to press multiple buttons with ease.

jett

D-Member
It still hasn't come out?

I'd probably never buy this, but it looks pretty cool. Wonder how will the DS3 version manage, most PS3 shooters use L1 and R1.

Slermy

BuddhaRockstar said:
Allow me to introduce you to...

THE CLAW!

The-Claw.png

I used this same method on the N64 controllers with Star Fox 64. I think it was something to do with boosting and doing the U-Turns/Loop-de-loops.

Top Bottom