• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm in Jerusalem - check out this girl's gun! (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's common to see teenagers casually carrying around rifles like this, because of mandatory military service...

jeru2.jpg

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Solo said:
*is happy to live in North America*

Isn't NY trying to cut down on construction workers cat calling and whistling at women? I think this would probably help them achieve that goal...

ANSANE said:
It's common to see teenagers casually carrying around rifles like this, because of mandatory military service...

jeru2.jpg

Odd, my gfs brother went there for a 6 months studying at the Art Uni and never mentioned anything about random civilian looking people carrying around machine guns!

dude

dude
She's probably a soldier on vacation - Sometimes you have to take your gun with you, and since you're responsible for it, a lot of people take it with them.

EDIT: Actually, by the look of it, it's a military organized trip to the Jerusalem -I mean, they're carrying boxes and there are a couple more guys with guns in the back...

Johnlenham said:
Odd, my gfs brother went there for a 6 months studying at the Art Uni and never mentioned anything about random civilian looking people carrying around machine guns!
Do you mean Bezalel? That's cool, I'm supposed to go there next year.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Solo said:
Douchebags on every continent, I'm afraid. Still, I don't walk down the street and see university students with M4's slung behind them.

I guess that's the tradeoff. Live in a country where you don't know if mortars are gong to rain down on you.

Or live someplace safer, with the occasional unbalanced kid.

Most people would choose the safer, with the more occasional occurence of dangerous eccentricity.

But man, that kids looks like a douche.

My friend spent his mandatory miltary service teaching school kids in a semi-official school for the poor. Amazing guy, friendly, intelligent and charismatic.

mAcOdIn

Interesting, I'm a gun lover myself, but do they have to carry them around like that? Seems like it'd be more convenient to break it down and throw it in a backpack or is there some kind of stipulation saying they're expected to always have it ready to go and are also carrying loaded magazines that we can't see or some shit?

dude said:
Actually, by the look of it, it's a military organized trip to the Jerusalem -I mean, they're carrying boxes and there are a couple more guys with guns in the back...

I think that's what it was... I saw many kids with guns (probably about 40-50 of them) - some in plain clothes, others in uniforms.

dude

dude
mAcOdIn said:
Interesting, I'm a gun lover myself, but do they have to carry them around like that? Seems like it'd be more convenient to break it down and throw it in a backpack or is there some kind of stipulation saying they're expected to always have it ready to go and are also carrying loaded magazines that we can't see or some shit?
I don't know what's the backstory - I think it's a military organized trip, which'll mean they are expected to be ready for everything. It's very rare to see people with civilian clothes walking around with guns in Israel (there's a lot of gun control - though they still give every 18 years old douche a gun once he's out of high school, geniuses run this country.)

ANSANE said:
I think that's what it was... I saw many kids with guns (probably about 40-50 of them) - some in plain clothes, others in uniforms.
No doubt about it then.

ChiTownBuffalo

mAcOdIn said:

I mean, breaking it down is more convenient for concealed transport, but its Israel. Why take the time to put the gun together in case something goes down?

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Not too different from Somalia.
But then again, you actually need the guns there.

dude said:
She's probably a soldier on vacation - Sometimes you have to take your gun with you, and since you're responsible for it, a lot of people take it with them.

EDIT: Actually, by the look of it, it's a military organized trip to the Jerusalem -I mean, they're carrying boxes and there are a couple more guys with guns in the back...

Do you mean Bezalel? That's cool, I'm supposed to go there next year.

Sounds about right yeah it was about a year ago maybe alittle more, was to do with Glasgow school of art and they did an exchange to a few diffrent places and he ended up going there.

mAcOdIn

dude said:
I don't know what's the backstory - I think it's a military organized trip, which'll mean they are expected to be ready for everything. It's very rare to see people with civilian clothes walking around with guns in Israel (there's a lot of gun control - though they still give every 18 years old douche a gun once he's out of high school, geniuses run this country.)
Gotcha, that makes sense. Although, if it's a military trip they may not necessarily have to be prepared for anything, there is the chance they just didn't have a secure place to store the weapons and thus had to take them but have no ammo, but that's Israel and I was in the US, makes a kind of sense that perhaps they had to be ready for anything and maybe they do have some ammo on them or with one guy.
ChiTownBuffalo said:
I mean, breaking it down is more convenient for concealed transport, but its Israel. Why take the time to put the gun together in case something goes down?
Yes, but, if they have no ammo all they've got slung are some not too sturdy clubs.

dude

dude
mAcOdIn said:
Gotcha, that makes sense. Although, if it's a military trip they may not necessarily have to be prepared for anything, there is the chance they just didn't have a secure place to store the weapons and thus had to take them but have no ammo, but that's Israel and I was in the US, makes a kind of sense that perhaps they had to be ready for anything and maybe they do have some ammo on them or with one guy.

Yes, but, if they have no ammo all they've got slung are some not too sturdy clubs.
Well, I didn't mean they actually have to be ready - they're not on guard or anything. It's 100% a storage thing. Usually they're required to carry a magazine with them, which they tie to the gun with a strap, but I din't see it in the pictures, so they probably don't have any ammo.

ChiTownBuffalo

mAcOdIn said:

Well, I guess this all depends on availablity of ammo.

I'm assuming someone has magazines on them.

Someone search that girl.

Heh, My dad used to tell me stories of going hunting while he was going to school at Penn state. He'd just swing a rifle on his shoulder, and walk across campus to the nearest area where he could hunt. No one gave a shit back then.

When I was in Israel a couple of years ago I remember at the holocaust museum there was a group of soldiers there also. All carrying weapons, but they had to leave them outside, so one guy was the gun Bitch. :lol Hell, on our trip we had a security gaurd at all times carrying around an old M1, that he was required to wear at all times. It was pretty hilarious throwing a disc around on the beach with him, and watching this old, massive gun bouncing around.

mAcOdIn

demosthenes said:
Am I the only one that noticed...the gun isn't even loaded is it?
No, but never assume, they might all have one in the chamber! They just want you to think they're unloaded.

Sharp

mAcOdIn said:
No, but never assume, they might all have one in the chamber! They just want you to think they're unloaded.
I'm choosing to believe that you know this from experience and there's an epic story behind it that you will, if enough people beg you, post it in its own thread.

Sharp

Bungieware said:
I may be wrong but I didn't think homosexuality went hand in hand with Judaism
Even the Old Testament doesn't care about lesbianism since it didn't treat females as real people, sooooo

dude

dude
mAcOdIn said:
I hope for them they don't! They'll end up in military prison.
When you're in a city, you don't even get your finger near the trigger :p

mAcOdIn

Sharp said:
I'm choosing to believe that you know this from experience and there's an epic story behind it that you will, if enough people beg you, post it in its own thread.
No, no epic story, carrying a round loaded in an m4/16 is incredibly dangerous in my opinion and I don't believe any professional in the world would do it. It's actually safer to just carry a magazine but have the bolt forward without a round chambered than it is to carry it without a magazine but with a round chambered, if there is a story with someone doing that then that person better have faced really fucking harsh consequences.
dude said:
I hope for them they don't! They'll end up in military prison.
When you're in a city, you don't even get your finger near the trigger :p
Yeah, it was a joke, military procedures will differ the world over but I think that's one practice universally frowned upon, especially in a civilian setting with the weapon just casually slung across, I can't believe there's anyone that'd do it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
-PXG- said:
Until she blows your fucking head off.
Female Prey mantis bite off the males head during the middle of him smanging it, still doesn't stop him, won't stop me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom