• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm in Jerusalem - check out this girl's gun! (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite

Chichikov said:
Under normal conditions, you don't put a clip in when you're off duty.
It's a safety measure.
Indeed, the only time I've been told to walk around in "amber status" (clip in weapon, no round chambered and safety ON) is here in Iraq on certain FOBs like the one I'm in that gets hit a lot. There is no reason to walk around relatively safe with the clip in for obvious safety reasons. Plus getting the clip out of the pouch and into the weapon is hardly a lengthy process >.>

antonz

Wouldnt want to walk around with the weapon loaded considering a crazy Allahu Akbar guy could come up grab the weapon and suddenly discharge it into a crowd.

mAcOdIn

Kite said:
Indeed, the only time I've been told to walk around in "amber status" (clip in weapon, no round chambered and safety ON) is here in Iraq on certain FOBs like the one I'm in that gets hit a lot. There is no reason to walk around relatively safe with the clip in for obvious safety reasons. Plus getting the clip out of the pouch and into the weapon is hardly a lengthy process >.>
Especially compared to having the weapon slung nonchalantly across one's back. At that point, what's another second?

Chichikov

Kite said:
Especially not with an M16, where you can quite easily get a bullet in the chamber accidentally.

Sharp said:
I see what you did there.
girls-carrying-guns-israel-jew-14.jpg

Oh come on! Who tapes their mags together like that?!

dude

dude
BocoDragon said:
It's interesting that Israel has mandatory military service for men and women.... Many countries with mandatory service just require men to do it.
Women serve one year less than men.

thespot84 said:
You can choose to do national service, but only a small percentage do that as far as I know.
That's only if you're exempt from military service.

Chichikov said:
Also, fuck Jerusalem, that's the were the ugly and crazy congregates.
Tel Aviv is where it's at.
F' Yeah. Jerusalem Sucks.

Chichikov said:
I'm pretty sure girls in the IDF don't get m16s in that phase.
You do see plenty of chicks rocking the Uzi, and yeah, in Israel, an Uzi is a woman's weapon, so much so that men will be ashamed to carry one.
No one carries Uzis anymore, it's all M16 now, women too.

And just because I need to vent - 80 days until I'm finally released from the IDF! Sweet freedom, I can almost taste it.

Kite

mAcOdIn said:
Especially compared to having the weapon slung nonchalantly across one's back. At that point, what's another second?
Sorry, I don't generally walk around with my weapon at the low ready scanning for sum brown people to shoot :D There are dozens of fancy-smancy combat slings you can buy so the weapon is more readily accessible but that costs like money and stuff.

Anyhow back on topic, ever since I saw an episode of NCIS and saw Ziva.. I've had a deep appreciation of Israeli women, dat ass indeed :3

Wazzim

Banned
Girls look damn hot, especially with the guns. Awesome.
Too bad they won't appreciate seeing me as much as I'd appreciate seeing them on a sunny sunday afternoon in Jerusalem, they'll probably check my pockets for little rocks :lol

D-Fens

i don't care if he's in the IDF... a lot of Israelis who don't know much about Jerusalem like to diss it because they think it's old or full of extremists or something, it's just annoying

dude

dude
D-Fens said:
i don't care if he's in the IDF... a lot of Israelis who don't know much about Jerusalem like to diss it because they think it's old or full of extremists or something, it's just annoying
I'm there all the time and I'm about to move there - I think I can fairly say I know the city well, but I still think it sucks. Tel Aviv is simply a much better city...

turnbuckle

mug said:

I've never been a religious man, but it's miracles like this that make me hesitant to flat out claim to be an atheist. So long as I'm able to see this heaven on earth, I'll never be fully convinced there isn't some higher power. I'll forever remain the poor man's version and stick to being agnostic.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Pfft, it's not even loaded.

Johnlenham said:
Odd, my gfs brother went there for a 6 months studying at the Art Uni and never mentioned anything about random civilian looking people carrying around machine guns!

Those aren't machine guns.

dude said:

And just because I need to vent - 80 days until I'm finally released from the IDF! Sweet freedom, I can almost taste it.

You mean M4s? Because that's what she is carrying.

dude

dude
D-Fens said:
fair enough, as long as your opinion is based on something real.. are you there on duty?
No... I'm supposed to study there and have plenty of friend who live there. It does have one of the best dubstep/drum n' bass clubs in Israel though!

turnbuckle said:
I've never been a religious man, but it's miracles like this that make me hesitant to flat out claim to be an atheist. So long as I'm able to see this heaven on earth, I'll never be fully convinced there isn't some higher power. I'll forever remain the poor man's version and stick to being agnostic.

You need to step out of your house more....or check out some other websites or some shit lol :lol

thespot84

dude said:
No... I'm supposed to study there and have plenty of friend who live there. It does have one of the best dubstep/drum n' bass clubs in Israel though!

from my few days in each city I'd definitely take tel aviv over jerusalem.

Barrett2

An Israeli couple lives next door to me. The girl has a crazy body, like cartoon proportions, size zero waist and a PHAT ass. They invited us for dinner a few weeks ago, she was wearing light grey stretch pants and a t-shirt that barely went past her navel.

sweetbabyjesus.gif

Dali

lawblob said:
An Israeli couple lives next door to me. The girl has a crazy body, like cartoon proportions, size zero waist and a PHAT ass. They invited us for dinner a few weeks ago, she was wearing light grey stretch pants and a t-shirt that barely went past her navel.

sweetbabyjesus.gif
Maaaaaaan, I love those stretchy pants.

Barrett2

Dali said:
Maaaaaaan, I love those stretchy pants.

Stretch pants have the ability to make even the most meh booty look unbelievable.

Then at the gym you'll occasionally see a girl with a toned ass in stretch pants, and she takes that shit to a whole new level.

skybaby

ANSANE said:
It's common to see teenagers casually carrying around rifles like this, because of mandatory military service...

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7905/jeru2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Service is mandatory here where I live, but people don't WALK AROUND WITH THEIR RIFLES, MUCH LESS IN CIVILIAN CLOTHING WHAT IN THE FUCKING FUCK

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
skybaby said:
Service is mandatory here where I live, but people don't WALK AROUND WITH THEIR RIFLES, MUCH LESS IN CIVILIAN CLOTHING WHAT IN THE FUCKING FUCK

Israel is surrounded by potentially hostile nations, they are in constant threat. I would assume that's why all these people are walking around with their government issue weapons.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Johnlenham said:
Odd, my gfs brother went there for a 6 months studying at the Art Uni and never mentioned anything about random civilian looking people carrying around machine guns!
thats not a machine gun....

Carlisle

turnbuckle said:
Wow, I guess churches are going about it alllll wrong.

Dali said:
Sweetjesus.gif
Not for her.

way more

I only found out about the Birthright program in my final years of eligibility. And then that fuck Bernie Goldberg snookered most of the US's Jews out of money and the program was underfunded. I was gonna live in the bar nearest the female barracks. All those sweaty, pumped up, and man-hungry girls with weekend passes would be mine.

Moral of the story. If you are under 26 and have Jewish ancestry look up the program.

http://www.birthrightisrael.com/

dude

dude
mac said:
I only found out about the Birthright program in my final years of eligibility. And then that fuck Bernie Goldberg snookered most of the US's Jews out of money and the program was underfunded. I was gonna live in the bar nearest the female barracks. All those sweaty, pumped up, and man-hungry girls with weekend passes would be mine.

Moral of the story. If you are under 26 and have Jewish ancestry look up the program.

http://www.birthrightisrael.com/
A week of that trip is spent with soldiers, both males and females, and it has a reputation of... Well, people tend to get lucky. If you want to get on with some Israeli soldiers, this is the way to do it.

Chichikov

dude said:
Great, now I feel old.

D-Fens said:
do yourself a favor and shut up
He's right though.

Anerythristic said:
Oh come on! Who tapes their mags together like that?!
It's not a tape, it's a little metal thing that connect two clips together.
It's designed for quick reloading.

Alienshogun said:
You mean M4s? Because that's what she is carrying.
All the M16 variants are just known as M16s in Israel (the m4 is usually refereed to as "shortened m16").

Spayro

dude said:
Women serve one year less than men.

That's only if you're exempt from military service.

F' Yeah. Jerusalem Sucks.

Bastard. few months 'till I join the IDF.

You make me feel so young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom