• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm in Jerusalem - check out this girl's gun! (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Chichikov said:
All the M16 variants are just known as M16s in Israel (the m4 is usually refereed to as "shortened m16").

That's dumb as hell, if anything I could understand calling it a carbine which it is, but "shortened M16" is just stupid. Oh, well.

Zyzyxxz

Alienshogun said:
That's dumb as hell, if anything I could understand calling it a carbine which it is, but "shortened M16" is just stupid. Oh, well.

lets not let semantics get in the way of hot girls carrying guns. A rose is as beautiful by any other name right?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tobor said:
/looks up M4 article on Wikipedia

:lol

Yes, it's a description. You're missing the point.

Calling it "A shortened M16" is not calling it what it is. It's an M4/AR15.

Simply referring to an M4 as an M16 is what I am calling stupid. "Small m16 is the same deal."

You do understand what variant means yes?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
KHarvey16 said:
What? An M4 IS an M16, everywhere.

No, it's not.

An M4 is an M4, an M16 is an M16.

The M4 is a VARIANT of the M16. Meaning it's a changed M16, making it not an M16, but, an M4.

As I said, calling it a "short m16" is stupid.

Tobor

Alienshogun said:

Simply referring to an M4 as an M16 is what I am calling stupid. "Small m16 is the same deal."

Dude, lighten up. I just thought it was funny that shortened M16 was in the wiki.

Alienshogun said:

So is it cool if I call a double barrel shotgun, ya'know, a shotgun? or shotty? perhaps boomstick? Lol..."Shortened M16" sounds aight.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
So is it cool if I call a double barrel shotgun, ya'know, a shotgun? or shotty? perhaps boomstick? Lol..."Shortened M16" sounds aight.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Nor does your comment even make sense in this context.

KHarvey16

Alienshogun said:
No, it's not.

An M4 is an M4, an M16 is an M16.

An M4 is a short M16. If you're so intent on getting hung up on letters, the M16 was only ever used by the air force. The M16A4 is as much an M16 as the M4 is.

Alienshogun said:
You have no idea what you are talking about. Nor does your comment even make sense in this context.

Lmao. Sure dude. Serious business, huh? ...wait, you're that douche from the Halo thread Lol.

*holds up pistol.jpg*

BAW

Banned
I liked this thread more when it was about hot women kissing each other than nerd gun talk.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
KHarvey16 said:
An M4 is a short M16. If you're so intent on getting hung up on letters, the M16 was only ever used by the air force. The M16A4 is as much an M16 as the M4 is.

Now you're arguing a different version of the m16.

Also, the M16 A4 is NOT the M4, you have no idea what you are talking about, they are different weapons.

Tobor said:
Dude, lighten up. I just thought it was funny that shortened M16 was in the wiki.

Actually the exact quote is

The M4 carbine is a family of firearms tracing its lineage back to earlier carbine versions of the M16, all based on the original AR-15 designed by Eugene Stoner and made by ArmaLite. It is a shorter and lighter version of the M16A2 assault rifle, with 80% parts commonality

Something that is 20% different is not the same. Also, it isn't a "shortened m16" it's a shorter lighter VERSION of the M16 a2 that shares 80 percent of it's parts.

It's not the same weapon.

KHarvey16

Alienshogun said:
Now you're arguing a different version of the m16.

Also, the M16 A4 is NOT the M4, you have no idea what you are talking about, they are different weapons.

What is wrong with your reading comprehension?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
KHarvey16 said:
What is wrong with your reading comprehension?

Nothing, you are arguing semantics, the airforce used a version of the M16 that didn't have a forward assist, which was altered and renamed in the Army, again they are different weapons.

I challenge you to assemble an M4 out of M16 parts.

Edit: Eh, I did misread your last statement, I'm a bit tired, but it still doesn't change my point.

dude

dude
Alienshogun said:
Actually the exact quote is

The M4 carbine is a family of firearms tracing its lineage back to earlier carbine versions of the M16, all based on the original AR-15 designed by Eugene Stoner and made by ArmaLite. It is a shorter and lighter version of the M16A2 assault rifle, with 80% parts commonality

Something that is 20% different is not the same. Also, it isn't a "shortened m16" it's a shorter lighter VERSION of the M16 a2 that shares 80 percent of it's parts.

It's not the same weapon.
I believe you, really. It's just what they call it around here, think of it like a nickname - Because, y'know, it looks like a shortened M16...

KHarvey16

Alienshogun said:
Nothing, you are arguing semantics, the airforce used a version of the M16 that didn't have a forward assist, which was altered and renamed in the Army, again they are different weapons.

I challenge you to assemble an M4 out of M16 parts.

You haven't understood a single thing I've said :lol. I challenge you to assemble an M16A4 out of M16 parts.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dude said:
I believe you, really. It's just what they call it around here, think of it like a nickname.

I understand that, I just find it bothersome being Ex-Infantry.

KHarvey16 said:
You haven't understood a single thing I've said :lol. I challenge you to assemble an M16A4 out of M16 parts.

Check my edit.

Sharp

What happened to this fine thread :(
girls-carrying-guns-israel-jew-06.jpg

Let's get back on track.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
KHarvey16 said:
I challenged you. If you can't do it, admit that an M16A4 is not an M16.

Actually, an M16 A4 is a revised version of the same M16 long rifle. So in that effect, it's the same weapon, just with tweaks, just as a A-10 warthog and other older war planes have been altered (things get updated).

The M4 is a variation of the M16 designating it as a carbine instead of a long rifle, which makes it a different weapon.

Tobor

Alienshogun said:
You're an idiot if you think 80% commonality is close enough to make 2 things the same.
I told you I was joking before, why would I be serious now? :lol

It must drive you bonkers when people call every AK variant "AK-47".

KHarvey16

Alienshogun said:
Actually, an M16 A4 is a revised version of the same M16 long rifle. So in that effect, it's the same weapon, just with tweaks, just as a A-10 warthog and other older war planes have been altered.

The M4 is a variation of the M16 designating it as a carbine instead of a long rifle, which makes it a different weapon.

What percentage of the parts are the same between an M16 and an M16A4? 81%?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tobor said:
I told you I was joking before, why would I be serious now? :lol

It must drive you bonkers when people call every AK variant "AK-47".

It does actually, I'm a gun nut, what can I say. :D

KHarvey16 said:
What percentage of the parts are the same between an M16 and an M16A4? 81%?

While they are not the same model, they are the same weapon. Hence the name remaining the same, simply the A1,A2,A4 etc changing, this is to designate changed/improved models.

The main difference between the M16 and the M16 A4 is a forward assist and railmounts where the heat shield goes.

2wod2dz.jpg

34pzzom.jpg

"AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes. "

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
brianjones said:
"AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes. "

Weapon of mass destruction. It's been estimated to have killed more people than any other weapon including bombs.

KHarvey16

Alienshogun said:
While they are not the same model, they are the same weapon. Hence the name remaining the same, simply the A1,A2,A4 etc changing, this is to designate changed/improved models.

The main difference between the M16 and the M16 A4 is a forward assist and railmounts where the heat shield goes.

Tell me the percentage. You stated 80% cannot be considered the same weapon so we have to get to the bottom of this one. I don't think you're treating this issue with the seriousness it deserves.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
KHarvey16 said:
Tell me the percentage. You stated 80% cannot be considered the same weapon so we have to get to the bottom of this one. I don't think you're treating this issue with the seriousness it deserves.

Right, so you're just being a fucktard then. Good to know.

Tobor

Alienshogun said:
Weapon of mass destruction. It's been estimated to have killed more people than any other weapon including bombs.
I'm reading a book about it now. The Gun, by CJ Chivers. It's an excellent read so far.

Anyway, you shouldn't get caught up on the naming conventions. It's just shorthand to say AK-47 or M-16. There's too many variants for anyone not heavily interested to keep up with.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A friend of a friend used to date an Israeli girl who served. She was quite cute. Had a kill count of 3.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tobor said:
I'm reading a book about it now. The Gun, by CJ Chivers. It's an excellent read so far.

Anyway, you shouldn't get caught up on the naming conventions. It's just shorthand to say AK-47 or M-16. There's too many variants for anyone not heavily interested to keep up with.

The culture I came from in the Army, you didn't even call them "gun" it was either, M16, M4, M9, M240, M249, SAW, or "my weapon" and an M16 was NEVER an M4 or vice versa.

Just kind of stuck with me.

Its name is, what its name is.

Archer

BAW said:
I liked this thread more when it was about hot women kissing each other than nerd gun talk.

Junior speaks the truth.

EatChildren said:
A friend of a friend used to date an Israeli girl who served. She was quite cute. Had a kill count of 3.

When I was living in DC, I had a friend who was getting her MA in Chemistry from GMU. She was Israeli, served in the IDF, and had been a sharpshooter / sniper. She told some good stories.
...and she was a crazy shag.

jaxword

PERKS

The next thing that defy your character is the perks in the game. At any given moment you can have up to 9 of them if my memory serves right. As with the mods these are usually in low numbers - 1,2,3% health regen is obviously nothing as you get two, three-hited by most 99ers Grenadiers. Yes, there are perks that add like up ot 30% of something to you, but most of them are kinda time based. You get your next mele attack 30% stronger, but for 10 seconds, after self revive. As the self revive occures pretty rare that means this perk is practicaly wasted. I cant remember the exact figures about that perk - might be something different like not mele, but shoot for ex or not self revive, reload - the point remains... They are stacking too much "if" and "for" to be of any practical use.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Beuhhh, that website has some sick shit on it. My life was better before I had heard of the Chinese 'high-heeled kitten killer'. :|

celebi23

mac said:
I only found out about the Birthright program in my final years of eligibility. And then that fuck Bernie Goldberg snookered most of the US's Jews out of money and the program was underfunded. I was gonna live in the bar nearest the female barracks. All those sweaty, pumped up, and man-hungry girls with weekend passes would be mine.

Moral of the story. If you are under 26 and have Jewish ancestry look up the program.

http://www.birthrightisrael.com/

Went on this a few years ago. It was an absolutely amazing experience. Climbing Mount Masada right as the sun was rising was breathtaking. If you haven't been to Israel yet & are otherwise eligible to go, I would definitely recommend it. Sorry for derailing the topic for a bit.

Anyhoo, back to posting pics of hot israel soliders :D

israeli-defense-gm_l1.jpg
israeli-defense-gm_l2.jpg
israeli-defense-gm_l3.jpg
israeli-defense-gm_l4.jpg
israeli-defense-gm_l5.jpg

Chichikov

Alienshogun said:
No it's not.
First of all, carbine just means a shorter and lighter rifle. Since Hebrew don't have the word carbine and since in conversational Hebrew carbine means the m1 carbine (don't ask), an alternate word had to be used.
Second of all, those are very similar guns, and are identical as far as the "end user" is concerned.
In the IDF, you don't need a specific certification to an m4 or a car15, if you're certified on an m16-family rifle, you're certified for all.
And that's the main reason why the m16 moniker is applied to all these guns in Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom