• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoukka said:
Yeah that is a bit too much.
Compared to it's competitors, it's just fine. Keep in mind FM3's Nurburgring HAS to be installed, and that takes around 30-40 seconds. NFS: Shift takes longer. So I wouldn't say it's bad.

zoukka

phosphor112 said:
Compared to it's competitors, it's just fine. Keep in mind FM3's Nurburgring HAS to be installed, and that takes around 30-40 seconds. NFS: Shift takes longer. So I wouldn't say it's bad.

Yeah haven't played racers since GT4 hehe.

6 DAYS 9 HOURS 19 MINUTES 10 SECONDS!

ebWmW.gif

phosphor112 said:
Problem is, both of those had horrible load times. Certainly not something I'd consider a target to equal.

-viper-

Banned
phosphor112 said:
Forza 3 and NFS Shift took forever to load.

GT5 looks like it loads far more quickly to me. And doesn't look any slower than Prologue.

lowrider007 said:
65c238.jpg

20v0xfl.jpg

ummm, I find shots likes these unsettling, the quality of these models will stick out like a sore thumb with premiums on the same track, I almost would rather they not be in the game.

Please tell me this is fake.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Yes, yes it is. :D

Technically, GT5 can output 1280x1080 at 60fps with 2xMSAA
Do we know if the final game is also 1280x1080? I'm sure that it will be, but I'm just curious to see if they've managed to improve anything since Prologue.

SmokyDave

torontoml said:
Does anyone know why the Veyron is in the air like it is?
It was possible to create wheelie cars in GT3 & 4 and in Forza 2 & 3. It's down to the engine, diff and suspension tuning.

My problem is, given that the Veyron is standard, wouldn't it be ineligible for tuning?

Psychotext said:
I have that stand, and that little bit of wiggle you see at around 2:22 annoys the shit out of me. I'm actually not happy at all with it because of that.

I don't notice any wiggling.

Looks like they have changed the materials a bit. The large supporting tube looks glossy while mine has a rough surface.

evolution

So have any of the people with copies of the game given any serious impressions about the the physics and sound? You know... the racing aspect? All that seems to come up is just stuff about the standard cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom