• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

commedieu

Banned
Flek said:
Oh wtf amazon.com !?

when i look at my order it says:

"Important Message
We thought you should know that we're experiencing a delay with your order. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please take note of the revised shipping and delivery estimates marked in red below."

Shipping estimate: November 26, 2010

…………… wtf :( ? Anyone else got this ???

Can we give Flek an OT?

Flek: The Trials and Tribulations of Purchasing GT.

You've had so much bad luck, then this happens. I can't help but feel bad :\

beast786

DoctorWho said:
I think we all want GT5.

I'll PM you, but I'm not too sure what you want me to say?

Tell me you know people who know some peoploe who work in a factory who can get me GT5.

We can be pals

STRfh.jpg

Crisis

Banned
So I bought a Driving Force GT. Nice wheel. I guess. I wouldn't know yet because my copy of GT5P is a PSN copy. Since PSN is down for maintenance, I can't play the game.

zero margin said:
What's the wheel you guys all recommend for this? Fanatec? Can anyone give me a link to it by chance? Would really appreciate.
I heard the OT is really awesome, but I never read it. I can't tell you anything, sorry.

I found a G25 on Craigslist for $185...should I bite? I asked a guy who's selling a DFGT for $75 if he still has it but he hasn't responded yet...I'd rather not pay over $100 for it, but I'm tempted to grab this G25.

petethepanda said:
I wonder if it's too late for release-date delivery with Amazon with Prime.

The option has been removed for now, but Amazon will sometimes return the option if they determine they'll receive more stock than anticipated. You can always order now, and just check your order status page a few times a day and see if the option appears to change it to RDD.

Valkyr Junkie said:
The option has been removed for now, but Amazon will sometimes return the option if they determine they'll receive more stock than anticipated. You can always order now, and just check your order status page a few times a day and see if the option appears to change it to RDD.
Damn. Hopefully I can manage to get it on the 24th. Definitely still ordering it on Amazon for the $10 credit.

spats

GT5 soundtrack album out december 22nd.

Japanese retailers are listing a release date of December 22 for the long-awaited Gran Turismo 5 original soundtrack album. The two-disc set contains 23 music tracks, including the opening number "Moon Over The Castle GT5 Version" by Masahiro Andoh of T-Square and Arc the Lad.

Source

via nobuooo.com

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Goldrusher said:
So... French GAF

More and more stores seem to be confirming a release this weekend ?

http://www.gameblog.fr/news_19151_gran-turismo-5-sortirait-demain
http://www.jvn.com/jeux/articles/gran-turismo-5-disponible-des-demain.html

Micromania: tomorrow from 18h
GAME: "tomorrow"
Virgin Megastore: "tomorrow" in Paris, Saturday the rest of France

Do you think if I went into GAME in the UK and said 'hey, a GAME nearby is already selling this, can you sell it early too?' they'll bite? There is probably a French GAME store closer than some UK stores to me

SmokyDave

mrklaw said:
Do you think if I went into GAME in the UK and said 'hey, a GAME nearby is already selling this, can you sell it early too?' they'll bite? There is probably a French GAME store closer than some UK stores to me
Or, I could wear a long, flowing wig and we could take your lovely little Z4 over to France and grab copies for ourselves. It'd be like Thelma & Louise, only extremely awkward, expensive and with a little bit less attempted rape.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Flek said:
Oh wtf amazon.com !?

when i look at my order it says:

"Important Message
We thought you should know that we're experiencing a delay with your order. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please take note of the revised shipping and delivery estimates marked in red below."

Shipping estimate: November 26, 2010

…………… wtf :( ? Anyone else got this ???

atleast you got yours delay, they canceled my order and i can only order from target now :/

Flek

Banned
commedieu said:
Can we give Flek an OT?

Flek: The Trials and Tribulations of Purchasing GT.

You've had so much bad luck, then this happens. I can't help but feel bad :\

haha i think you confound me with someone ? Or is this some kind of sympton that i forgot all the trouble already :(

DAMN IT!

Amazon.co.uk had a dispatch estimate of Nov22, I changed the shipping method to see what the charges would be (way too much) and when I changed it back it was set to Nov 23! That might mean I won't get it till the week after!

ARGHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

MrPliskin

Banned
caliblue15 said:
What's the difference between the Logitech Driving Force GT and Logitech Driving Force Pro??

Extremely similar wheel build (from FFB and feel) and the pedals are exactly the same. The biggest difference (maybe only difference) is the inclusion of tuning knobs, which I believe are used to tune your car at any time while you race (I think?).

Edit: Yea, the knobs / buttons are used to tune break bias and TCS while you race.

I have a DFP that I will never ever touch...and would like to sell. *hint hint*

pix

caliblue15 said:
What's the difference between the Logitech Driving Force GT and Logitech Driving Force Pro??

The spelling.

Seriously though, nothing much. The DFGT has stuff specific for GT games, I'm not sure on the specifics.

Omiee

seems like i will have this game tomorrow as well since my cousin is bringing it over from france, since he is coming here any way

Patrick Bateman said:
So, Kevin Butler lured me in here.

What's the best driving wheel for the PS3?

Check the OP!

goldrusher said:
What is the best wheel ?
Logitech Driving Force GT (the official GT5 wheel)
- around €100 / $125
- pro: price/quality by far the best wheel available, lots of buttons & dials
- con: big buttons instead of true paddle-shifters, no clutch & stick shift

Logitech G27
- around €300 / $300
- pro: rpm lights, proper paddle-shifters, clutch & 6-speed stick
- con: quite expensive

Both wheels are identical in size (28 cm / 11 inch), feature 900 degree steering and have similar force feedback.
Both can be used on PS3 and PC.

LegoDad

If I went for a Driving Force Pro over the GT will really lose out on anything for GT5, like force feedback or anything, or just the knobs which I can change via the ingame menu.

I'm asking cause the Pro's can be had very cheap over the GT's.

caliblue15 said:
If I went for a Driving Force Pro over the GT will really lose out on anything for GT5, like force feedback or anything, or just the knobs which I can change via the ingame menu.

I'm asking cause the Pro's can be had very cheap over the GT's.

The force feedback in the DFGT is near the level of the G25.

amar212

spats said:
Japanese retailers are listing a release date of December 22 for the long-awaited Gran Turismo 5 original soundtrack album. The two-disc set contains 23 music tracks, including the opening number "Moon Over The Castle GT5 Version" by Masahiro Andoh of T-Square and Arc the Lad.

Which is nowhere to be found on PAL game - and there are 189 songs in the game-soundtrack section.

You just have to hate Producers in SCEA/SCEE.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Wasn't someone going to post some instructions for making your own wheel stand in the prologue thread or some such? i.e. I need a stand and I'm broke!

oooh, google is my friend. Anyone have experience building one of these?

LegoDad

chuckddd said:
Wasn't someone going to post some instructions for making your own wheel stand in the prologue thread or some such? i.e. I need a stand and I'm broke!

oooh, google is my friend. Anyone have experience building one of these?

just use some PVC pipe like those tailgating golf setups. Cheap and easy setup. lol

spats

amar212 said:
Which is nowhere to be found on PAL game - and there are 189 songs in the game-soundtrack section.

You just have to hate Producers in SCEA/SCEE.

Wow, that's a bit lame. A lot of people knock MOTC nowdays but to me it's synonymous with GT. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom