• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 3DS 2011 Lineup (with 3rd parties too)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Boney said:
I'm surprised Puzzle Bobble is actually retail.

Same here - i thought Nintendo would suggest 3rd Partys to put those kind of game son 3DSware. But good luck on retail with the games in 2011.

Nothing against PB, though.

Amir0x

Banned
Boney said:
Yeah same here, I love PB, but I can't see myself justifying a 20-30 dollar price tag.

puzzle games are the best portable games. honestly, with the type of time I usually put into puzzle games on the go, realistically I'd probably pay more for them then other types of games!

Wizpig

There's a scan for Super Street Fighter 4 3DS and in the scan you can see them talking of "Friend Lists"... any news about the online?

antonz

Eteric Rice said:
I believe the manager at Gamestop told me their placeholder is $1000. :lol

Yep Placeholder in the Gamestop computer is $999.

Wizpig said:
There's a scan for Super Street Fighter 4 3DS and in the scan you can see them talking of "Friend Lists"... any news about the online?

We know only the basics of online for Street fighter. The Presentation didnt go that in depth only the fact online existed,spectator mode exists etc.

The Assumption is on the 19th we will know whats really going on.

Street Fighter 4s producer is confirmed to be flying in for the Amsterdam event so there has to be something going on maybe a live demo of online NY versus Amsterdam. Reggie versus Ono

Boney

Banned
Amir0x said:
puzzle games are the best portable games. honestly, with the type of time I usually put into puzzle games on the go, realistically I'd probably pay more for them then other types of games!
Sure, but this is Puzzle Bobble rehash. Not something like Tetris DS. I mean, regular Picross must be my most played DS game, but going retail with PB screams bomba to me.

When I went to pre-order (canada) the placeholder was 300 bucks, he said it's obviously bullshit as no one knows the price, as if I didn't know that but nice to get confirmation.

Sadist

Yeah, we'll get some sort of live online demo for Street Fighter IV

Here's hoping Nintendo makes the whole Street Pass account your online account.

Amir0x

Banned
Boney said:
Sure, but this is Puzzle Bobble rehash. Not something like Tetris DS. I mean, regular Picross must be my most played DS game, but going retail with PB screams bomba to me.

Oh I'm sure it'll be bomba.

But let's be clear here: I can't remember a time when Puzzle Bobble ever was NOT a bomba :lol

Boney

Banned
Amir0x said:
Oh I'm sure it'll be bomba.

But let's be clear here: I can't remember a time when Puzzle Bobble ever was NOT a bomba :lol
Yeah... I guess... I'll just get it at bomba bin then.

Boney said:

Are you hating on Puzzle Bobble? You better not be hating on Puzzle Bobble.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
antonz said:
Street Fighter 4s producer is confirmed to be flying in for the Amsterdam event so there has to be something going on maybe a live demo of online NY versus Amsterdam. Reggie versus Ono
That would be awesome!

Boney

Banned
friskykillface said:
looking at that ridge racer screen a page back, hmmmmmmmmm starting to look like i will get it at launch :lol

i need a racing game
It actually looked good at the event.

Super Street Fighter IV Online Play Detailed

You add players to your friend list by exchanging friend codes.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/13/super_sfiv_online_play/

2qxt4ar.jpg

Friend codes still bother people in 2011? I'm not the biggest fan of them but they don't bother me that much. I'm just hoping that it's just one friend code per system and I'll be fine with that.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Amir0x said:

not tetris popular, but definitely adequate:
PSX BUST A MOVE 4: 127,xxx
PSX BUST A MOVE 99: 109,xxx
PSX BUST A MOVE 2: 91,xxx

not sure about stuff since then.

ant1532

Banned
flamesofchaos said:
Friend codes still bother people in 2011? I'm not the biggest fan of them but they don't bother me that much. I'm just hoping that it's just one friend code per system and I'll be fine with that.
says the guy with the yoshi plush doll... "still bother people in 2011?" that makes no sense at all. its more annoying because IT IS 2011. nintendo has been behind in online since they started.

Wizpig

flamesofchaos said:
You wish.

Having ONE FRIEND CODE and being able to see if my friends are online from the 3DS dashboard or something would be perfect.

Too bad it will be one FC @ game since this is Nintendo we are talking about.

Amir0x

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
not tetris popular, but definitely adequate:
PSX BUST A MOVE 4: 127,xxx
PSX BUST A MOVE 99: 109,xxx
PSX BUST A MOVE 2: 91,xxx

not sure about stuff since then.

I guess that's ok for a puzzle game with an extremely low budget. How's the franchise lookin' now-a-days though? Definitely hasn't been hitting 90,000 recently I can't imagine (unless it's still really popular in JAPAN)?

flamesofchaos said:

Hopefully,
I think a lot of people have spent a lot more time entering complaints about friend codes than entering friend codes themselves.

Rich!

Right.

Preordered my 3DS today (UK) at Blockbuster. For anyone debating about them, they offer a month of free unlimited games rentals with any console brought which will be perfect for trying out every single game available at launch.

No price on the system yet, but I put down £20. Release date on the system is the 25th March.

Kard8p3

SloppehSlawlz said:
Looks like it controls like shit. Bomba confirmed.

I wouldn't say that. The guy playing didn't really know how to work the camera and of course it was his first time playing so it could come off that way. The controls seemed to work great when Sakurai gave his stage demo in Japan.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm glad sakurai took a close look at starfox 64 when he sat down to design a rail shooter. unfortunately he seems to have concluded that people liked starfox 64 because the characters never fucking shut up

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
pit channeling jake lloyd! palutena as pit's chatty field commander! grindrails! controls that look awkward just from watching the footage! that pit design! kind of xtreme, but also totally kid friendly!

are we sure sonic team isn't making this?

Poyunch

I got a Finn and Princess Bubblegum vibe at the end. Pit's voice is a bit grating and Palutena talks a bit stiff but I think I can get used to it.

Hieberrr

Door2Dawn said:
How is it cheesy?

Did you hear the music and the way the character spoke?

Looks? To each of his own, but I think the character designs and whatnot came straight out of a children's book. Yes, yes.. I know.. It's supposed to be that way...

Kid Icarus looks good but the controls definitely seem weird as hell. So you use the analog and left shoulder button with your left hand and stylus with our right to do all the aiming? Not terrible but weird.

Poyunch

I freaking love the enemy and character designs. The bosses on the other hand look weird except for the Hydra which was awesome.

Top Bottom