• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

I still can't believe that in the year 2011 we are sitting here screaming at the clouds in hopes that Nintendo might publish a well reviewed, in the process of being fully translated videogame in North America. Sometimes you have to wonder what the fuck is in the water over there in Redmond.

Broken Arrow said:
Where can I import it to NA?

Wii is region free right?

It's the easiest system to turn into a region free video game player, but it isn't naturally region free. All it takes to make it region free is a quick download, a copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and 5 minutes of your time.

warpaint

I'm just happy that it is coming out in the west it's a game i never thought would now that just need to bring last story out here to

carlo6529

It doesn't make sense not to have it release here in N.A. if the game is going to be already translated, therefore, it will be published here
hopefully

carlo6529 said:
It doesn't make sense not to have it release here in N.A. if the game is going to be already translated, therefore, it will be published here
hopefully

Disaster Day of Crisis & Another Code R were released in Europe and never released here. (Although I imported both anyway so suck it NoA!)

Feep

Banned
Honestly, I don't care much about NA localization. Homebrew is easy and I'll gladly pay the premium on import costs.

carlo6529

MidnightScott said:
Disaster Day of Crisis & Another Code R were released in Europe and never released here. (Although I imported both anyway so suck it NoA!)

How well perceived were those games compared to Xenoblade?

Edit~ Also take into consideration the position the Wii is in right now. It is dieing for games.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
carlo6529 said:
How well perceived were those games compared to Xenoblade?

Edit~ Also take into consideration the position the Wii is in right now. It is dieing for games.
Another Code R has its fans. It's still a point & click though, not exactly a popular genre. I don't think anyone would disagree Disaster was dodgy though. Even if they enjoyed it. Also, someone mentioned there were some floods or whatever in the USA around that period so maybe they cancelled it for that reason? Idk how true that would be. I guess they could have released it by now anyway but now there's this Japan thing. I dunno how they decide such things. I think they just saw no potential.

creid

TunaLover said:
Distaster: day of crisis, official site is indeed registered by NoA, but the IP location is:
Kobenhavn - Copenhagen

It's the same IP location for nintendo.co.uk

xenobladechronicles.com IP location is Washington - Redmond - Nintendo Of America
After doing some testing on my own, I'm once again optimistic. Xenoblade.com points to NYC though...

moozoom

Shalashaska161 said:
I still can't believe that in the year 2011 we are sitting here screaming at the clouds in hopes that Nintendo might publish a well reviewed, in the process of being fully translated videogame in North America. Sometimes you have to wonder what the fuck is in the water over there in Redmond.
You just described the last 30 years of my life as a gamer in Europe : endlessly waiting for games to be translated, or just ported to the pal format. I can't count the number of games I missed because I couldn't afford to import from the US, or the console was zoned. Somehow, it seems to have changed a little these last years...

moozoom said:
You just described the last 30 years of my life as a gamer in Europe : endlessly waiting for games to be translated, or just ported to the pal format. I can't count the number of games I missed because I couldn't afford to import from the US, or the console was zoned. Somehow, it seems to have changed a little these last years...
It's not like the US hasn't missed out on some games which came out in Europe over the years though, as your avatar painfully reminded me.

moozoom

nincompoop said:
It's not like the US hasn't missed out on some games which came out in Europe over the years though, as your avatar painfully reminded me.

The ratio is still in favor of the US, I think... All those missed PS1 and PS2 Rpg's made me cry at the time. But it's true that I was pleasantly surprised to see Another code and some other (niche) games released in europe. Pal-land is finally aknowledged as real market, despite the translations costs and there is a real hunger for different types of games here.

About Vib-ribbon, the sad part is that it was marketed as the next parappa, but it was too weird to catch on and sold very poorly. I bought several discounted copies as gifts to friends to try to spread the love but most didn't like it because of the visuals (which is the thing I love the most about it and the stupid voice of the rabbit, too).

mclem

Dammit. I'm only ever going to be able to hear that character as Mr. Voiceover Guy now. What's the betting they also get Marcus Bentley to voice the main character, or something?

THIS IS AMAZING NEWS.
arjvI.jpg

kiryogi

Banned
Princess Skittles said:
Is Xenoblade related to Xengears/Xenosaga?
Not in the slightest. Only thing it has going in that regard is that it's the same creator. Fantastic game otherwise tho, RPG of this generation IMO.

Amir0x

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Nintendo getting the voice talent from England bodes poorly for its chances.

i know

damn it it's one of those jRPGs that so perfectly fits my gaming tastes and everything. Those are so rare these days :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
grandjedi6 said:
Nintendo getting the voice talent from England bodes poorly for its chances.

Maybe. NoE sourced some local actors for the Layton games but they still game to the US. I just can't see how NCL would ever approve a localisation for a game this huge and limit it solely to Europe. They've never done that before.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
kiryogi said:
Not in the slightest. Only thing it has going in that regard is that it's the same creator. Fantastic game otherwise tho, RPG of this generation IMO.
Well, I hated those, vehemently.

Is there any reason I should to pay attention to his newest creation?

heringer

Amir0x said:
i know

damn it it's one of those jRPGs that so perfectly fits my gaming tastes and everything. Those are so rare these days :(
It sucks, but hey, at least you can still play it. I know I will.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Shiggy said:
Is Xenoblade such a huge project that it takes over a year to localise? NoE usually starts with the English translations from Treehouse, therefore they don't have that much experience when it comes to a text-heavy RPG.

This could be one of those times where the subsidiaries go it alone and come up with their own versions, a la Another Code/Days of Ruin, but that would be a colossal waste of time and money on a project this big. We'll find out what the heck is going on at E3, I guess. Or maybe at their end of fiscal year briefing.

Macstorm

Shiggy said:
Is Xenoblade such a huge project that it takes over a year to localise? NoE usually starts with the English translations from Treehouse, therefore they don't have that much experience when it comes to a text-heavy RPG.
If Nintendo takes a year to localize Dragon Quest games, I don't see why Xenoblade would be much faster.

Amir0x

Banned
heringer said:
It sucks, but hey, at least you can still play it. I know I will.

no i'm not modding my console. I refuse to do it. I don't risk any shit that can brick my things. I did it for PSP and it got bricked once and never will risk it again

i don't care how easy it purportedly is :p

Aeana

Amir0x said:
no i'm not modding my console. I refuse to do it. I don't risk any shit that can brick my things. I did it for PSP and it got bricked once and never will risk it again

i don't care how easy it purportedly is :p
Installing the Homebrew Channel doesn't actually modify important files so it's actually impossible to brick. And if you just use HBC to load GeckoOS to region-free boot, no further modifications are made. The only time you would have to worry about it is if you went on to use USB Loader.

Grisby

Amir0x said:
please come to the USA please come to the USA please come to the USA

Seriously, ever since I saw that youtube video showing off the land I've been interested in this game. This and Last Story are all I want on my wii and they might not even come out, :(

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
sphinx said:
still no US confirmed release?

and somebody tell me, Is there ANYTHING, and I mean absolutely anything that could possibly remind me of Baten Kaitos? score composer? Art style? random vibes?
No, hopefully this will be too big to ignore. I'm not sure if you'll get any vibes because of it, but the main writer and planner of BKO, Koh Kojima, is the director and game designer of Xenoblade.

Princess Skittles said:
Well, I hated those, vehemently.

Is there any reason I should to pay attention to his newest creation?
It depends, what did you hate and what do you look for in an RPG? Takahashi described how different Xenoblade is when Famitsu revealed the game:
"This project got its start because we wanted to return to basics -- we just wanted to create a fun adventure. We're trying to give the player a lot of freedom without having them feel lost."
http://www.1up.com/news/xenoblade

Top Bottom