• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition announced for Switch

Mista

Banned

Publisher Nintendo and developer Monolith Software have announced Xenoblade Chroniclesremake Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition for Switch. It will launch in 2020.

Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
Monolith Soft’s epic Xenoblade Chronicles game, which originally launched in 2012 on the Wii system, is destined to be reborn on Nintendo Switch as Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. The game, which chronicles the adventures of Shulk and Fiora, is scheduled to launch for Nintendo Switch in 2020.
Gematsu

Last edited:

Mildudon

RaXLbkH.gif

RPGCrazied

That almost looks like a remake and not a simple remaster. Just look at Shulk's face. In the Wii version it looks painted on. This version looks very good.

Reactions: Isa

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The backgrounds and location textures look like this is XC1 running on XC2's engine.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Hyped!! I never played XC on Wii. The graphics look like the XC2 engine. Vastly improved.

As a huge fan, I am buying this.

Reactions: Isa

Zenaku

The character models are obviously redone, I'd expect cut scenes have all been redone to, which would be great since Xenoblade 2 had incredible cutscenes.

I wonder how far further they'll take it. I once wished for a remake with multiple endings, since a game with a future-seeing protagonist and only one ending/timeline always felt a bit weird to me.

Zenaku

Looks like they put a lot of work into this remaster. Also was that sky island in the last scene a new area?
It looks like it could be Bionis' shoulder, an area that was cut from the game but still left in the files.

I once edited the fast travel file to warp myself there. It was probably only cut for story reasons.

Fbh

Hopefully this is just a side project and they have the main team working on something else.

Aside from that it looks nice, definitely a big visual upgrade. Hopefully they improve the combat too because IMO it was pretty average and one of the main reasons I prefer XBC2

sublimit

Banned
It looks like it could be Bionis' shoulder, an area that was cut from the game but still left in the files.

I once edited the fast travel file to warp myself there. It was probably only cut for story reasons.
I meant that gold structure in the sky.

Zenaku

I meant that gold structure in the sky.
You mean Alcamoth?

Maestr0

I can't believe it, and they have added the area which was not in the Wii and 3DS version, I'm speechless, <3

sublimit

Banned
You mean Alcamoth?

Ah yes. I completely forgot that. But i don't remember it being visible from where Shulk and Fiona are standing in the trailer...

Edit: Now that i looked more closely that girl is not Fiona. That is obviously Melia.

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

Glad I don't have to import it this time for the Wii version. Lol, remember taking like a month to get delieverd back when it wasn't coming to America.

Get ready for more REYN TIME

I'm playing this on the 3DS right now and although I'm feeling a slight burnout (I'm at the boss in Agniratha), it's really as amazing as the internet says.

blackjon24

Looks like a remake to me. I unfortuntely never got to play this game had to settle for the sequel even though this one looked way more appealing. Can't wait!

Maestr0

Ah yes. I completely forgot that. But i don't remember it being visible from where Shulk and Fiona are standing in the trailer...

It's the Bionis Shoulder, we shouldn't be able to see outside out the eryth sea Alcamoth in the wii version

Last edited:

Zenaku

That's why I think that scene may be set on Bionis' shoulder. As well as the scenery being similar to the cut area, it'd be virtually the only place on Bionis where Alcamoth would be roughly level with it.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted X. 60fps edition. This is bull! Bull!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Do you want a straight port, or do you want it to get the same treatment as this? New character models, reanimated cutscenes, new content?

I'll happily wait for an upgraded Xeno X over a quick port, even if it means waiting longer for XenoX 2.
I want XC3 that will run at 30fps 720p...docked.

Fuck, I forgot how ugly this game looked on the Wii.

At the time it was passable though, it was a fantastic game in the end. Have you seen the New 3DS iteration? If not, be glad. I'm glad I skipped that one! Ever since the Switch was released I hoped for a proper remake of the first game.

Top Bottom