• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D -- The Yellow Debate

Neiteio

Woffls said:
I've actually recently started thinking that a higher proportion of female gamers like Zelda than male gamers. Most of the male gamers I know don't care about Zelda, but the few female gamers I know mostly like Zelda. Yeah, bit of a generalisation, but that's my anecdotal 'evidence'.
Everyone keeps responding to the "Who knew there are female Zelda fans" someone said but no one seems to notice the same person put a playful :p at the end of his statement. Stop taking him literally, everyone! He knows there are female Zelda fans and was teasing a stereotype. :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mr. Wonderful said:
I feel like there should be more villagers in Castle Town, even if you can't talk to them.
Doesn't matter how many they add, they'll just huddle around the stalls due to the fantastic items on sale.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
EvilMario said:
Shut up, shut up, or they'll add your Miis to Castle Town as filler.
Mii villagers, Mii enemies, Mii mask, Mii shield, Mii dungeon and Mii Triforce.

The Lamp

Is there a way to control the camera this time?

With the zoomed-out look and the analog stick handling controls...is the d-pad now used for camera angles or something? That'd be wonderful.

Those wondering about the shadow in the courtyard, or the fog in Gohma's battle, here it shows Link's shadow being effected by Navi like before, and the fog in Gohma's domain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzaxN0gs2A4&feature=related

Hatty

Superior european boxart confirmed?
sGEER.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004JHY3Z8/

Jackano

You think this will be superior?
It's just the same US and recent (look at ST) japanese crap!

It's not difficult to make a good Zelda boxart. Just put the logo with gold somewhere on it and bam. Not those artworks!

Rich!

Jackano said:
You think this will be superior? blah blah
recent (look at ST) japanese crap!

Just like the game itself then?

Anyone with half a mind can see that the EU/JP boxart is superior. I love it.

agrajag

Banned
I don't like that the game seems to have that weird n64/early-3D-games geometry/perspective thing where all the buildings seem to be falling over.

Mistle said:
Am I the only one that kind of doesn't want to see any more screens? I was actually kind of hesitant looking at the market place. It'd be a good experience to see the area upgrades for the first time as you get up to them in-game.

Yeah I was thinking yesterday that I think I've had enough of new screenshots, it's getting too much. Might be worth going on a media blackout from this point onward (except for video trailers, OoT's original trailer was epic).

Hatty said:
Superior european boxart confirmed?
sGEER.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004JHY3Z8/

Umm, I think that actually looks tacky. Prefer official US boxart.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That design is exactly what I expected after seeing the art on the JP site.

Thinking about it, WW was the last new release to have a gold box design (TP was gold and silver) and Majora's Mask was the last to have no character art on the cover.

kaskade

I ended up trading in CoD Blops towards this game, gamestop give 25% towards it. It's basically almost all payed for. I'll probably end up owing like 5 bucks. I don't even own a 3ds yet.

Mistle

Oh hey, they made the exact box art that I was hoping for. Awesome!

EDIT: Though, I don't know if it's a case of "take away the ball i'm not playing with and suddenly i want to play with the ball", but now I'm kind of wishing we had the gold art. Huh.

watershed

Banned
From The Dust said:
the gold US box makes it feel more special. it screams "limited release"
Yes. I've always liked that about Zelda games, and I don't understand some of the hate for the American box art in this thread.

JaseMath

I'm not going to buy a 3DS for it, but this is looking pretty damn awesome. Maybe if I hope really hard, they'll release this on something other than the 3DS.

BY2K

Membero Americo
JasonMCG said:
I'm not going to buy a 3DS for it, but this is looking pretty damn awesome. Maybe if I hope really hard, they'll release this on something other than the 3DS.

You know what? Since you mention it, if the Project Cafe was real and that much powerful, I could wait for Nintendo to cancel OoT 3D and instead do a HD remake (remake, not remastering) on Project Cafe.

Yeah, I said that.

JaseMath

BY2K said:
You know what? Since you mention it, if the Project Cafe was real and that much powerful, I could wait for Nintendo to cancel OoT 3D and instead do a HD remake (remake, not remastering) on Project Cafe.

Yeah, I said that.
Maybe Nintendo has more planned for the Zelda anniversary...? I'd take an HD remaster of OoT or WW on Wii HiFi.
That's right - HiFi

Wow those last few pics posted a page ago are REALLY nice. Gonna be pretty fresh to replay this despite beating it many a timesssss. I'm getting that urge to just explore every nook and cranny of Hyrule.

Jarmel

Banned
Really looking forward to this. I would also love a MM remastering as well in this same vein. This would ensure that I never leave my room again.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
BY2K said:

Yeah, I said that.

I like you.

artwalknoon said:
Yes. I've always liked that about Zelda games, and I don't understand some of the hate for the American box art in this thread.
As long as it's actually shiny gold and not just a yellow picture with gradients. I could very easily see them cheaping out and just having the actual box look *exactly* like this:

the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3ds-20110412055445724_640w.jpg

I mean, this box wasn't just brown, it was sort-of shiny (and the gold cart inside was really shiny, unlike the craptacular N64 game cart)
boxart.png

BY2K said:

Yeah, I said that.

Fuck that noise! Portability > HD graphics.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Izayoi said:
Care to elaborate why you believe that to be the case?

Because a big, epic adventure game like OoT is the type of game that's better suited for the living room. Portable games are good for small, quick chunks of playtime like Tetris, and while I'm not saying that there haven't been huge, adventure type portable games, come on, let's be real here. I mean, Come on.

Oblivion said:
Because a big, epic adventure game like OoT is the type of game that's better suited for the living room. Portable games are good for small, quick chunks of playtime like Tetris, and while I'm not saying that there haven't been huge, adventure type portable games, come on, let's be real here. I mean, Come on.
For me, since I've experience OoT on the big screen, I want to have a portable version as well, so right now I'm all for a portable version. It just makes sense and would be epic seeing it all on a small screen. But, sign me the hell up for a big, NEW epic Zelda for the big screen, too.

Bubs Mugumbo

Neo Member
Although I like the EU artwork, I think it works better as a stand alone poster rather than a box art piece. The US version is far better... hmm 2 days earlier or better box art?

Bubs Mugumbo said:
Although I like the EU artwork, I think it works better as a stand alone poster rather than a box art piece. The US version is far better... hmm 2 days earlier or better box art?
But… but… there is region lock!

Dreamwriter said:
As long as it's actually shiny gold and not just a yellow picture with gradients. I could very easily see them cheaping out and just having the actual box look *exactly* like this:

the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3ds-20110412055445724_640w.jpg

wait a minute. THERE'S NO HARP/LYRE IN OoT! but there's one in Skyward Sword!. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? ;_;

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
From The Dust said:
wait a minute. THERE'S NO HARP/LYRE IN OoT! but there's one in Skyward Sword!. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? ;_;
That you don't remember OoT very well, I guess ;)

s30An.jpg

ant1532

Banned
I fucking called it. Everyone loved the US boxart when revealed. And then the artwork of him in the field with epona came out when the website opened and everyone bitched about that not being the boxart. And i knew it was just the cliche gaf hate and called, if it was reversed everyone would complain. And then they make that art work boxart, and now it sucks.

idwl

Who really cares how the boxart looks, don't like it print whatever you like and slip it into the case once you get the game.

Top Bottom