• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces f site gets an update, Product details in English, Hint at platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

http://www.namcobandaigames.com/console/tales-of-graces-f

new artwork
1298672373-togfheros-large.png

Features
Experience all-new content exclusive to the PlayStation® 3 - Go deeper into the story of Tales of Graces f in the all-new “Lineage & Legacies” epilogue, featuring more than 10 hours of engrossing gameplay. Explore new dungeons, fight fierce new monsters, and wield newly created spells, attacks, and techniques!

Stunning Visuals - Enhanced HD graphics and improved outlining to bring attention to the detailed anime art style by renowned Tales artist Mutsumi Inomata. Beautiful and spacious environments allow players to explore a truly open world.

Master New Combat Styles - Use the “Style Shift - Linear Motion Battle System” to freely switch between fighting styles and deftly evade enemy attacks. Activate “Accelerate Mode” to use powerful new techniques and bring the fight to enemies like never before!

Unique Multiplayer System - Enlist the help of up to 3 friends to fight by your side! Players can join the battle at any time simply by plugging in a controller!

Story
How far can the bonds of friendship be strained?

The newest entry in one of the most fanatically followed series today, Tales of Graces f redefines the fantasy RPG genre with its blend of enthralling depth of story and fast paced, strategic battles. A follow-up to the original Tales of Graces (Wii), Tales of Graces f boasts significant graphical, stylistic, and gameplay enhancements, along with an all-new epilogue to the existing story.

Taking place on the planet Efinea, Tales of Graces f centers on Asbel Lhant as he seeks the strength to protect those he holds dear. Along with his childhood friends and the mysterious and innocent Sophie, he must explore the bonds of friendship as they find themselves drawn into the conflict between three kingdoms competing for dominance of the planet.

it still says platform(s) coming soon, I asked Filthierich about this, waiting for response...
Update: His response? BAM! gone... it never existed!

matmanx1

Doesn't it say "Playstation 3" right there in the features list? Why would they leave that in there if it isn't at the very least going to be on the PS3?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Would they really delay it so long for Cafe? Even if it was coming to Cafe, they might as well just announce it for PS3 for now, release it this year whenever, and announce the port later on when Cafe and that version are actually close... There's really no reason to keeping people wondering wtf is going on with the platforms at the moment PS3 is a given so what else? A 360 port just for the West? Or a Wii release with or without the f content? Or what the hell?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I still don't get why they keep stringing people along... :lol

Experience all-new content exclusive to the PlayStation® 3 - Go deeper into the story of Tales of Graces f in the all-new “Lineage & Legacies” epilogue, featuring more than 10 hours of engrossing gameplay. Explore new dungeons, fight fierce new monsters, and wield newly created spells, attacks, and techniques!

Stunning Visuals - Enhanced HD graphics and improved outlining to bring attention to the detailed anime art style by renowned Tales artist Mutsumi Inomata. Beautiful and spacious environments allow players to explore a truly open world.

Content exclusive to PlayStation 3 probably doesn't mean much, since ... it is content for the PS3 version of Graces. But y'know... it mentions the platform right in the quote.

Either way, it's going to be for an HD system. I don't see them waiting until the Cafe is released to put Graces on there.

Edit: beaten hard

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's weird how they describe it as an update to a game we never got, but it's clearly still on PS3.

matmanx1 said:
Doesn't it say "Playstation 3" right there in the features list? Why would they leave that in there if it isn't at the very least going to be on the PS3?

I'm pretty sure most people realize it's going to be on the PS3. It's just a question of whether or not it'll be on any other console and more importantly why Namco is being so mum about it. I mean, if it was PS3 only then I'm sure they would've announced it by now. It's such a weird situation, for Namco and fans alike. Not like there's many options though.

Poyunch

Eteric Rice said:
I'm betting that this will be coming to PS3 and Cafe. Hence why they keep from announcing platforms.
Well they could be holding back for an E3 announcement when NGP is properly showcased. Like some people have said, it's a bit weird to hold back the game just for the Cafe.

Mr.Fresh

I think you guys are reading to much into it honestly. I think it'll be just the PS3 version just like in japan.

Takao

Banned
Y'all are messed up if you think this is coming to Nintendo's next console and that's why there isn't an announcement.

Wii2D2 is likely a late 2012 release. They're not going to wait until there's another stockpile of mainline Tales games to localize before releasing a PS3 version. If it's going anywhere else it'll be 360 or NGP.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
fap fap fap

Any chance this could arrive before August?

Rpgmonkey

I figured it's just hyping up content that was added in Graces f, but whatever.

Ace_235 said:
I think you guys are reading to much into it honestly. I think it'll be just the PS3 version just like in japan.

Not saying that won't be what happens, but it makes the time spent dancing around the matter feel pretty pointless...

Pooya

I think they will 'officially' announce release date/platform soon, Namco Bandai's FY results are coming on May 7.

edit: It's May 10, IR Calendar on English page is wrong, check the jp page.

Firestorm said:
Aside from having to port it.
PS3 version was a port. They still did it. A nice amount of people picked up Vesperia here, I doubt they all bought PS3s. It's not like this game is going to sell anymore fantastically just because it's on the PS3.

DR2K

Banned
Are publishers allowed to announce software support for Cafe yet? Could be why Namco has been so silent.

Takao

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:
PS3 version was a port. They still did it. A nice amount of people picked up Vesperia here, I doubt they all bought PS3s. It's not like this game is going to sell anymore fantastically just because it's on the PS3.

Well, the argument is that Tales' main market is Japan, and there's no point in making a 360 sku for Japan (which is why one wasn't made). Western sales are really just secondary for this franchise.

Tucah

you speak so well
It's pretty clear that it's PS3 exclusive from that little description. They might try and port it to 360 (but with Namco's history with Tales in the US, I seriously doubt it. Is anyone expecting any sort of effort from them?), but all of the mentions of improvements over the Wii version, HD graphics, etc. mean it's definitely not coming to Wii.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I never knew this game has multiplayer.

dakkumauji said:
Being so mum about pretty much anything about this game is lowering my interest in it.

Will still probably buy
The only thing they've really been secretive about is the platform. All the new "f" features were just officially confirmed, so now's just a matter of time for the release details.

And if you were planning on getting it for the PS3, it's pretty much a lock for that.

Xena

Very cute artwork! Cannot wait for the game and I still can't believe they are really bringing this... (I still wish they'd bring PS3 Vesperia though...)

Takao said:
Well, the argument is that Tales' main market is Japan, and there's no point in making a 360 sku for Japan (which is why one wasn't made). Western sales are really just secondary for this franchise.
True, but it seems pretty stupid leaving a possible audience that already bought your last game.

bon

Tucah said:
It's pretty clear that it's PS3 exclusive from that little description. They might try and port it to 360 (but with Namco's history with Tales in the US, I seriously doubt it. Is anyone expecting any sort of effort from them?), but all of the mentions of improvements over the Wii version, HD graphics, etc. mean it's definitely not coming to Wii.
Just to play devil's advocate, why would they advertise "content exclusive to the PS3" and "enhanced HD graphics" if we aren't going to get the Wii version in the first place?

bon said:
Just to play devil's advocate, why would they advertise "content exclusive to the PS3" and "enhanced HD graphics" if we aren't going to get the Wii version in the first place?

That wording seems to me like we're getting the game for the PS3 and Wii, just the F content won't for the Wii.

Would be disappointing but I'd rather miss some content than have nothing at all...

Aeana

ULTROS! said:
I never knew this game has multiplayer.
Tales games generally do let other controllers control characters in battle. Sometimes you have to get a special item first, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom