• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces f site gets an update, Product details in English, Hint at platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oh yeah, remember guys, 10 copies each so that we can get Tales of Xillia too. :p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That is the most bizzarre description for this game.... I get that it's coming for PS3, but as a writing major I'm a bit irked that there is no referent at all yet it keeps yanking at the term "enhanced" and "better". Can someone tell me that this isn't Japan and Graces vanilla hasn't been announced for US.

kayos90 said:
That is the most bizzarre description for this game.... I get that it's coming for PS3, but as a writing major I'm a bit irked that there is no referent at all yet it keeps yanking at the term "enhanced" and "better". Can someone tell me that this isn't Japan and Graces vanilla hasn't been announced for US.

I'm not really following you.

Graces f was already released in Japan at the end of last year.

Gunloc said:
It's generally regarded as a very solid installment in the series, the battle system especially.
It's an improvement over Vesperia. A bit more technical, less stunlocking and spamming super moves, etc. It's still an RPG though so expect the usual grinding, imbalances, etc. unless you restrict yourself. If you want a pure skill based action game experience there is already a lot to choose from.. Tales just fills its own action-RPG sort of niche.

kayos90

NotebookJ2 said:
I'm not really following you.

Graces f was already released in Japan at the end of last year.

Yes but the description sounds like it is being released for Japan and not US.

mjemirzian said:
It's an improvement over Vesperia. A bit more technical, less stunlocking and spamming super moves. It's still an RPG though so expect the usual grinding, imbalances, etc. unless you restrict yourself. If you want a pure skill based action game experience there is already a lot to choose from.. Tales just fills its own action-RPG sort of niche.
I think the question was just in reference to whether this is a good Tales game, not how it compares to other series/genres.

Eteric Rice said:
I'm betting that this will be coming to PS3 and Cafe. Hence why they keep from announcing platforms.
That's really the only explanation that makes sense. But given that this is Namco we're talking about, the explanation that makes the most sense is also the explanation that's least likely to happen.

nincompoop said:
That's really the only explanation that makes sense. But given that this is Namco we're talking about, the explanation that makes the most sense is also the explanation that's least likely to happen.

It would make sense only if they planned to release the game sometime after April 2012 when Cafe releases despite announcing it back in January of this year...

kayos90

I actually agree with the Cafe theory for some reason. It does make sense as to why they were delaying the announcement of a console. One thing I don't get is why are they announcing the platform now? Why not until E3 when the Cafe gets named and such.

Takao

Banned
nincompoop said:

I don't see how announcing a port of a port more than a year before it could potentially be released makes any sense, especially since other mainline games will be out before that port... but okay.

Negator

I don't like this cafe speculation. If it's true, does that mean that we won't see Graces F until Cafe releases here in the U.S.?

It's making a 2011 release for this game look really unlikely. Which sucks because I was hoping for a summer release.

Negator said:
I don't like this cafe speculation. If it's true, does that mean that we won't see Graces F until Cafe releases here in the U.S.?

It's making a 2011 release for this game look really unlikely. Which sucks because I was hoping for a summer release.
It's not being released for Cafe.

At least not right now, who knows what the fuck Namco thinks a good idea is.

Negator said:

Nintendo Power specifically asked about Tales of Graces f and we all know that f wasn't released on a Nintendo platform.

Vamphuntr

kayos90 said:
Yes but the description sounds like it is being released for Japan and not US.

Why? Because they explained that it's the expanded version? The only people caring about the game probably knew there are two version of the games. So basically here they confirm it's the PS3 version with the additional content. The "F" was also implying this but you can never be too clear.

kayos90 said:
I think if they were going for a summer release they would've told us by now.
They better release it in the Summer. It's the perfect time for a game look this to get attention and even then it will have a lot of competition. Any time later and it's going to get crushed more then it normally would.

The info clearly says content exclusive to the PS3. That it means if they were planning to port the game to Cafe or NGP that would mean they would port the vanilla version because, again, the content is exclusive to the PS3. How does it even make sense to bother with a port but not go all the way with it? The only other thing they can release is the vanilla Wii version.

Vamphuntr

DXB-KNIGHT said:
Then why Namco is letting us play the guessing game and don't just say its coming to PS3.

Experience all-new content exclusive to the PlayStation® 3 - Go deeper into the story of Tales of Graces f in the all-new “Lineage & Legacies” epilogue, featuring more than 10 hours of engrossing gameplay. Explore new dungeons, fight fierce new monsters, and wield newly created spells, attacks, and techniques!

Stunning Visuals - Enhanced HD graphics and improved outlining to bring attention to the detailed anime art style by renowned Tales artist Mutsumi Inomata. Beautiful and spacious environments allow players to explore a truly open world.

Master New Combat Styles - Use the “Style Shift - Linear Motion Battle System” to freely switch between fighting styles and deftly evade enemy attacks. Activate “Accelerate Mode” to use powerful new techniques and bring the fight to enemies like never before!

Unique Multiplayer System - Enlist the help of up to 3 friends to fight by your side! Players can join the battle at any time simply by plugging in a controller!

It says PS3 in the description...

kayos90 said:
I actually agree with the Cafe theory for some reason. It does make sense as to why they were delaying the announcement of a console. One thing I don't get is why are they announcing the platform now? Why not until E3 when the Cafe gets named and such.

DXB-KNIGHT said:
Then why Namco is letting us play the guessing game and don't just say its coming to PS3.

I think they are purposely delaying announcing the platform to build hype for the "triumphant return of the Tales of series to the PlayStation systems in the US". Why would the US branch go to such huge lengths for additional versions beyond the PS3?

Anyway the Ace Combat FB page says theres a Namco Bandai event on the 11th in Dubai...

May 11th will be Namco Bandai Games 'Level Up' event in Dubai.

I've solved it!

rWSUL.gif

The secret platform is.... Kinect.

RPGCrazied

Under features it says Playstation 3. Plus the F content. I never doubted it was Graces F. Still, no real new news. :(

Dedication Through Light said:
I think they are purposely delaying announcing the platform to build hype for the "triumphant return of the Tales of series to the PlayStation systems in the US".
*looks at username*

*laughs quietly*

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
DXB-KNIGHT said:

Beats me, even Armored Core V doesn't have a platform (and we know it's a PS360 game).

Rpgmonkey

Dedication Through Light said:
I think they are purposely delaying announcing the platform to build hype for the "triumphant return of the Tales of series to the PlayStation systems in the US".

That seems like a really stupid reason to hold this back.

...Which means this is exactly why Namco held this back.

Mr.Fresh

I hope they make some commercials for this and have a video at Sony's E3, Instead of just throwing it out the same day as FF13-2 with next to no marketing and saying no one bought it so they wont bring anymore Tales games.

lunchwithyuzo said:
Their last game was Symphonia 2. Hmmm.
Well I don't think a Wii release of the original version should be out of the question as well.

But I don't really see Symphonia 2 as a main game.

ShockingAlberto said:
The sad thing is, I am pretty sure a marketing campaign like that would work really well on some people.
Probably wouldn't be too effective overall since the Tales series has always sold like crap on Sony systems in the US. The US sales of Symphonia by itself are almost double what Destiny, Destiny II (Eternia), Legendia and Abyss sold COMBINED.

ULTROS!

Aeana said:
Don't laugh.

The Tales series is finally coming home.

Maybe we should pull a "Valkyria Chronicles" in order to increase its sales.

Vamphuntr said:
It says PS3 in the description...
I know, thats why I'm saying why are they stating it in the description and not in the game details unless the PS3 might have exclusive content or the JPN PS3 content will be available in US version in all the platforms.

Honestly, if there were any more unannounced platforms, I'd guess it'll come out for the NGP, not the Cafe. It might be very easy to port, and it will also be portable.

Plus, it would be the perfect N.A. release game. Similar to TotA on the 3DS, sort of.

Rahxephon91 said:
Well I don't think a Wii release of the original version should be out of the question as well.

But I don't really see Symphonia 2 as a main game.
But it sold like a main game, in fact it sold as much as Vesperia. Both of which outsold all the PS1/2/P games now that I think about it.

I just don't see much incentive in a 360 port, or any level of extra work. Cafe and NGP seem pretty reaching too, my guess is PS3 only.

vic2020

Neo Member
I don't think it makes any sense for it to come out on NGP since it's already had one re-release with extra content.

lunchwithyuzo said:
But it sold like a main game, in fact it sold as much as Vesperia. Both of which outsold all the PS1/2/P games now that I think about it.
Well, I was thinking more about it's quality.

Persona7

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
In a dream world, this would be one of them rumored NGP/PS3 cross plat titles.
I wonder why PS3 and PSP don't have any game connectivity(besides remote play)...

SOCOM crosstalk for the PS2-PSP was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom