• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces f site gets an update, Product details in English, Hint at platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ikkarus said:
Isn't this Namco just being Namco?

In other words not having much of a clue about promoting their games successfully? :)

I do wonder if this will get a EU release though..

Abyss is getting a EU release for the first time with the 3DS version. I'm sure Graces F will be released in EU too.

Namco has been so stupid with this series .
I will get it day 1 but i hope they bring it out soon , summer would be good but this Namco were talking about .
They brought out Abyss same time as FFXII maybe they bring this out next to some other big name game.

EDarkness

What I want to know is, if it's only coming out on the PS3, why all the secrecy? Doesn't make any sense, especially after yesterday's screw up. Seems to me like they'd be making fans more irritated by not telling people straight up that it isn't coming out on the Wii, then dragging Wii owners around by the nads only to squash them in the end. I really don't understand companies these days.

Bel Marduk said:
lol wut. They removed the entire description in the Features section and now it just says "Coming Soon..."

What a trainwreck.

Wow, I should have expected them to remove it. I was going to comment and say that it didnt seem to mention DLC. I do hope for Code Geass costumes, still.

if it's not coming out on a console i already own then fuck namco and fuck this game. i'll buy all their shit once it hits the bargain bin if they fuck me over again.

Aeana

WickedLaharl said:
if it's not coming out on a console i already own then fuck namco and fuck this game. i'll buy all their shit once it hits the bargain bin if they fuck me over again.
Do you have a PS3?

Amir0x

Banned
I have no idea why Namco is waiting to announce the platform officially.
what do they even gain from that at this point?

yes. i'm just terrified that they might do something totally awful and release it on nintendo's next console :(

namco has abused me so much, i can't help being this way...

Aeana

WickedLaharl said:
yes. i'm just terrified that they might do something totally awful and release on nintendo's next console :(

namco has abused me so much, i can't help being this way...
It's coming to PS3 100% certainly, so you don't have to worry.

EDarkness said:
What I want to know is, if it's only coming out on the PS3, why all the secrecy? Doesn't make any sense, especially after yesterday's screw up. Seems to me like they'd be making fans more irritated by not telling people straight up that it isn't coming out on the Wii, then dragging Wii owners around by the nads only to squash them in the end. I really don't understand companies these days.

The reason has already been elucidated. By hiding the secrecy of the PS3 platform being the one of choice, they can easily use it as a marketing tool to please fans of the Sony platform. With no tales game in the US on the PS3 while the two others have one, and another company, Konami, resorting to a similar strategy for DDR for the PS3 (replace DDR with...."Tales of Series will be hitting the PS3 for the FIRST TIME!"), we have perfect PR material. Expecting anything more than the PS3 version is tantamount to the experience with expecting that a ataleoftworichards.com was for the dual announcement of Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Graces + F. Also filthierich, when talking about Graces F, always uses the singular "console" and not "consoles/platforms" and "it."

If they keep up this stupid platform secrecy and it just ends up coming out on PS3 only, the entire Namco marketing team should be fired. If they wanted to use the return of Tales to Playstation or whatever as a marketing slogan, they could easily have done so when they first announced Tales of Graces F. For their sakes, I hope Namco has a legitimate reason for keeping us in the dark so long.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Amir0x said:
I have no idea why Namco is waiting to announce the platform officially.
what do they even gain from that at this point?

*big* E3 reveal ? :p

EDarkness

Dedication Through Light said:
The reason has already been elucidated. By hiding the secrecy of the PS3 platform being the one of choice, they can easily use it as a marketing tool to please fans of the Sony platform. With no tales game in the US on the PS3 while the two others have one, and another company, Konami, resorting to a similar strategy for DDR for the PS3 (replace DDR with...."Tales of Series will be hitting the PS3 for the FIRST TIME!"), we have perfect PR material. Expecting anything more than the PS3 version is tantamount to the experience with expecting that a ataleoftworichards.com was for the dual announcement of Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Graces + F. Also filthierich, when talking about Graces F, always uses the singular "console" and not "consoles/platforms" and "it."

But they could have done this very thing when they first announced it. With people asking them if it's coming to another platform and their response being, "Stay tuned.", they aren't doing anything but setting people up for disappointment when they knew the answer already.

We already know that ToG F is already out in Japan on the PS3. Coming out on the PS3 is a no brainer. So there must be some good reason why they feel they need to keep this a secret. All I know is if it turns out to be for the PS3 only, I'm gonna be a little pissed. Not because I can't play the game (I have a PS3), but because it was secrecy for no damn reason.

Paracelsus

EDarkness said:
But they could have done this very thing when they first announced it. With people asking them if it's coming to another platform and their response being, "Stay tuned.", they aren't doing anything but setting people up for disappointment when they knew the answer already.

We already know that ToG F is already out in Japan on the PS3. Coming out on the PS3 is a no brainer. So there must be some good reason why they feel they need to keep this a secret. All I know is if it turns out to be for the PS3 only, I'm gonna be a little pissed. Not because I can't play the game (I have a PS3), but because it was secrecy for no damn reason.

Well, keep as much people around as possible, hype them all for as long as possible and then announce the one platform it is on, there's a chance some people will jump the gun and get a PS3 for the game, which is what Namco would want if the game is exclusive (which I doubt but).

EDarkness

Paracelsus said:
Well, keep as much people around as possible, hype them all for as long as possible and then announce the one platform it is on, there's a chance some people will jump the gun and get a PS3 for the game, which is what Namco would want if the game is exclusive (which I doubt but).

Heh, heh. They're building hype? Seems to me like this strategy can backfire on them if that's what they're playing at.

Paracelsus

EDarkness said:
Heh, heh. They're building hype? Seems to me like this strategy can backfire on them if that's what they're playing at.

Don't ask me, they are the marketing supreme masters, I still have no idea why they are trolling the only people who are bound to buy the game from the very instant it was announced for North America. Instead of wasting time with us they should have tried gathering people from the outside.

wrowa

Bel Marduk said:
Abyss is getting a EU release for the first time with the 3DS version. I'm sure Graces F will be released in EU too.
It is? Is there another source besides NGamer saying so?

TunaLover

Its strange it say platforms...
I guess it will released on PS3 and NGP, since it has exclusive content as requested by Sony.

It could be wiser to release it on Café too, Nintendo user base tend to be open to Tales games.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Amir0x said:
"We are pleased to announce TALES OF GRACES F for PS3 in North America! SURPRISE!"

Crowd: "..."

its Tales of Graces ..

Taaaaaaaaaaaaaales of Gracesssssssss

0117_kn7c.gif

Persona7

Banned
TunaLover said:
I guess it will released on PS3 and NGP, since it has exclusive content as requested by Sony.

It could be wiser to release it on Café too, Nintendo user base tend to be open to Tales games.
What were the numbers like for symphonia 2?

Dedication Through Light said:
I like how you keep pushing this idea.

I can honestly say your ideas are worse than Namco's.

Amir0x

Banned
TunaLover said:

only one userbase was ever really extra receptive above and beyond and that was because it was on the Gamecube which had virtually no RPGs at all.

Anyway, I don't see why they shouldn't just release Tales of Graces for the Wii too. Extra money if they're gonna bother wasting it to translate F, might as well just pop the translation in the Wii version and call it a night.

wrowa said:
It is? Is there another source besides NGamer saying so?

Hmm...no. But I think it's legit.

TunaLover said:

Really, NGP and especially Cafe (a platform releasing after late April 2012 when a localization for ToGF shouldn't take this long) speculation is ridiculous...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Fairly sure they're keeping quiet because the Wii version isn't coming over, only the PS3... or the original Graces version on Wii is and F on PS3 as originally released... and they don't want to upset people or something. I don't know.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Kagari said:
Fairly sure they're keeping quiet because the Wii version isn't coming over, only the PS3... or the original Graces version on Wii is and F on PS3 as originally released... and they don't want to upset people or something. I don't know.
That'd be pretty stupid. It'd get people that really want it plan to get a PS3 in preparation or something. Not announcing platforms is stupid.

Negator

Kagari said:

I don't know either. You'd think they would want to announce the platform early, so people who don't have a PS3 can start saving up or get a second job for it right now.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
InfiniteNine said:
That'd be pretty stupid. It'd get people that really want it plan to get a PS3 in preparation or something. Not announcing platforms is stupid.

Namco USA isn't exactly filled with great ideas as it is.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
InfiniteNine said:
I know, it just kinda pisses me off that what you said might be plausible to them.

The fact that they had that information on their website and then removed it after people discovered it is very telling.

Mr.Fresh

Kagari said:
The fact that they had that information on their website and then removed it after people discovered it is very telling.

Wow haha they actually removed it. They're definitely hiding something then....... I hope.

androvsky

Maybe they're waiting on the free exclusivity marketing from SCEA, except SCEA is, uh, otherwise occupied at the moment?

EDarkness

Kagari said:

Heh, people are going to be upset anyway, so best to get it over with now, instead of playing these crazy head games. If this is indeed the case, then the guys marketing this game really should be out of a job. Heh, heh.

RPGCrazied

Would be nice for a preview in a magazine about this. The Tales of the Abyss for 3DS was just announced and it got like a 10page preview in Nintendo Power.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
EDarkness said:
Heh, people are going to be upset anyway, so best to get it over with now, instead of playing these crazy head games. If this is indeed the case, then the guys marketing this game really should be out of a job. Heh, heh.

Reminds me of when Namco Japan accidentally listed PS3 on their Tales website before Vesperia PS3 was actually announced and they quickly took it down.

Codeblue

I think the issue here is Namco can't tell the difference between anticipation and annoyance.

Perhaps they should have waited on the announcement until they had something to say about it. What a miserable company.

matmanx1

Kagari said:
Reminds me of when Namco Japan accidentally listed PS3 on their Tales website before Vesperia PS3 was actually announced and they quickly took it down.

Oh haha I'd forgotten all about that. That just makes this situation even funnier. What a sloppily run company. =/

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Codeblue said:
I think the issue here is Namco can't tell the difference between anticipation and annoyance.

Perhaps they should have waited on the announcement until they had something to say about it. What a miserable company.

That they should have.

RPGCrazied said:
Would be nice for a preview in a magazine about this. The Tales of the Abyss for 3DS was just announced and it got like a 10page preview in Nintendo Power.

Probably waiting on PS.Blog to return so they can post on it. Havent seen a Namco Bandai post on their in a long time.

john tv

nincompoop said:
PSX TALES OF DESTINY 68,614
PSX TALES OF DESTINY II 56,864

Tales of Abyss - 68k
Tales of Legendia - 74k

Tales of Symphonia - 465k
Tales of Vesperia - 107k through December 2008
Don't have any exact numbers for ToS2 but I read it sold on par with Vesperia (as in, more in its first two months than any Tales game on any Sony platform ever LTD)

Through Nov. 2010:

TOS: 470k
TOV = 145k (138k + 7k Premium Edition)
TOS:DONW = 138k
TOP: 88k
TOL: 83k
TOA: 72k
TOW:RM = 39k

I predict TOG will sell 2 million (if everyone here buys 10 copies)

Wow, so even the mediocre GBA port of Phantasia outsold every Tales games that's ever been released on a Sony platform in the US. Maybe Namco's not announcing that it's PS3 exclusive yet because they know all of their investors are going to jump off a bridge when they see those sales figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom