• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you Laugh | Mid 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nappuccino said:
because Americans use shit as an adjective too?

Nope. An American has never used shit as an adjective in recorded history, which is the point I was trying to make, clearly.

Hexadecimalt said:
They invented the language so all euphemisms and phrases get attributed to them.

Well, 'they' used to be 'we' until about 250 years ago, to be fair.

Apath

vas_a_morir said:
Nope. An American has never used shit as an adjective in recorded history, which is the point I was trying to make, clearly.
Americans say stuff is "shit" all the time. To say someone using shit a lot as an adjective as justification that they're probably from UK and not America is wrong.

Nappuccino said:
but the cat is also completely safe

But isn't there a reason why most felines try to avoid water? I think only tigers actually enjoy baths/diving. I thought it was because of (most? of) the Felidae family having a higher risk of ear infection that could cripple their hearing and/or sense of balance. At least to me it made sense because in terms of evolution hunters w/o the fear of getting wet ears would be sorted out over time.

Don't post now dozen of house cats enjoying baths :p
(besides, to get all those features/deformation that are so liked by many pet owners, large quantities of some breeds are deaf as a result)

edit: uhm, yeah, funny pics thread. Let's see if I can turn my post on-topic.

Maybe something for German GAF:

LJXtd.jpg

(No, stop! Everything remains as it is!)

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imJZ_nn0470
edit 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLbEe6qVFVA
the important part subbed

Kenak said:
Americans say stuff is "shit" all the time. To say someone using shit a lot as an adjective as justification that they're probably from UK and not America is wrong.

Well, it was my hunch. Nothing more, nothing less. And yes, I based it on the wording because it immediately seemed more typical of something an English person would say than an American person. I don't have empirical evidence that English people say sentences like that more than Americans... I just have a 'hunch' based off my time living abroad around a lot of people from the UK. I also believe that UK people say "cunt" far more freely than people from the US do. Does this mean Americans don't say 'cunt' as a pejorative? Nope, but if it was a picture of a dude and it said "He is a cunt," I would have a similar hunch that it was written by someone from the UK. Fair enough?

Besides, I don't recognize the television shows referenced in the picture. Are they perhaps from English movies/shows? Regardless of my reasoning, if the dude who wrote it is actually English after all, you can't rightly call my hunch wrong.

Retro

Lunchbox said:
is that a oven you monster?

You can see some frosted lettering on the glass that says "Pet Pal" or something like that. My guess is that it's an automated pet washer. They were advertising one at a car wash near me, I bet it's something like that.

Probably not for cats, of course.

FoxSpirit

Emonga said:
Because of a drop of water? What a drama queen.

You are in a sealed space. Water is coming in. And you are a cat.

Of course you don't know this thing is not going to be flooded, it's a natural and healthy instinct to get the fuck out of any place where water is coming in. When you are out there, ya know.

Plus unless your cat went dumpster diving, there is no need to clean them. My grandmas farm cats are never washed and they are always remarkably clean and odorless. Cats are masters of self grroming and cleaning.

So yeah, don't wash you cat unless it absolutely must be.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
people need to stop housing these useless cats. scared of water wtf. I have never seen a cat that got it's panties twisted over water. My grandparents' cat will jump into creeks and kill fish ffs - what y'all doing to your cats to make them such big pussies?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Brobzoid said:
people need to stop housing these useless cats. scared of water wtf. I have never seen a cat that got it's panties twisted over water. My grandparents' cat will jump into creeks and kill fish ffs - what y'all doing to your cats to make them such big pussies?

My cat wanders the edge of the bath and falls in, EVERY TIME.
Then he just leisurely climbs out...

Prez

Emonga said:
Because of a drop of water? What a drama queen.

Isn't that a self-cleaning oven though? I'm pretty sure the cleaning process doesn't start with cold water...

I like watching cat people and dog people interact:

[pictures of cats sleeping in dog beds]
Person 1: Cats are dicks
Person 2: Nah, the dogs are just pussies - cats rule.

[video of cat freaking out over automated bath]
Person 1: lol what a pussy. It's freaking out over nothing
Person 2: That's just mean!... poor cat.

I'm a dog person

krae_man

Lunchbox said:
is that a oven you monster?

It's actually an automatic pet cleaner. It's from a news story about the invention. There are youtube videos of the full thing.

The water temp or pressure are not dangerous to the cat at all. However it's still cruel, you can wash a cat that hates water in a way that doesn't freak it the fuck out like that.

Here's the video the GIF was taken from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLJQdQt65JE

As you can see it says "Pet Spa" on the machine.

Here's the news story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVWNYY_pbuA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom