• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 3 |OT|: The Party God Has Deemed Us Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

yencid

jYO58.gif

YuLRu.png

4QUrk.png

jdFxAA.png

AT is American animated cartoon series created by Pendleton Ward and produced by Frederator Studios for Cartoon Network. The series focuses on the surreal adventures undertaken by two best friends, Finn the human boy and Jake the dog with magical powers, that dwell in the Land of Ooo.

idFrmq.gif

jdFv22.png

ibt3aW.png
The land of Ooo is where the adventure time adventures takes place. It has many regions and many different kind of creatures living in the world. it is divided into different kingdoms with each one having its own princess, of which the most prominent are the Ice Kingdom, Candy Kingdom, Fire Kingdom, Cloud Kingdom and Lumpy Space, which is technically a kingdom, as it has a princess. Throughout Season 1 and 2 it has been revealed that the land of Ooo is actually a post apocalyptic world affected by something called the mushroom war.

jdAlNi.png

It has been strongly suggested that the creatures of the land of Ooo are in fact mutated creatures from the Mushroom war, there are many kind of creatures, among them being candy people, talking animals, Undead and magic mans.

64Bw6.png

Finn the human, in fact the only human. So far into the series Finn is the only human shown to be living on the land of Ooo. Finn is a brave and righteous 13 year old adventurer who always helps strangers. Hasa fear of water.
KTi5V.png

Jake the dog is Finn's best friend and companion. Jake can stretch his body to unbelievable lengths and is a smooth charmer. He is also utterly unfocused and rather lazy. Let him show you how its done.
RSBu5.png

Marceline the Vampire Queen is a wild rocker with a bunch of algebraic powers like turning into a giant bat. She shares Finn's fondness of danger and while initially hostile the two have become friends. Her daddy ate her fries.
ateFs.png

The Ice King kidnaps princesses in hopes one day he will force one to marry him. He is lonely and awkward, and his arrogance gets in the way of making actual connections with people. His only friend is his penguin assistant Gunther. Powers include mastery over ice and wizard eyes.
GHcZh.png

Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum is the kindhearted ruler of the Candy Kingdom and Finn's main love interest. She is very cultured and very knowledgeable in science. After being infected by the Lich, she is currently 13 years old.
zctto.png

Lumpy Space Princess is doing so awesome on her own. Like right now, she just found this can of beans. Oh.

rOg6D.png

Lady Rainicorn is Jake's korean speaking Rainicorn girlfriend. Although there were racial differences between dogs and rainicorns in the past, the two get along quite well. Is usually seen with Princess Bubblegum. Seeing a double Rainicorn all the way is pretty intense.
1L6pv.png

Peppermint Butler is Princess Bubblegum's ever stalwart butler. Definitely doesn't know how to get to the land of the dead, totally doesn't animalistically freak out when near true evil, and is absolutely 100% normal.

oYhKl.png

Avatars, all up for grabs. First come first served.
BVSLh.png
9qKEC.png
1cOjc.png
OKfND.png
pWDZI.png
Lq0Vo.png
OAUzU.png
upfJf.png
RV7O3.png
5vu4h.png
jEh6A.png
Pxfrj.png

wenis said:
I posted a folder with all the title cards (in the highest resolutions available) back in the old thread

Here
^ All of the season 1 & 2 title cards in one convenient download

tumblr_lck2zdKAcR1qbhtrto1_500.gif

UPPYf.png

gerg

AceBandage said:
Week from Monday.

Also, reposting Threadless Tees. BECAUSE I CAN! WOOO!

The fourth one down is all kinds of wrong. Let's take an awesome art style and make it generic!

Anyway, I can't wait for the new series to start. Adventure Time is all kinds of awesome.

daffy

Banned
lulz look at those jujubes smashing fists in the OP. rectangles.

edit: bout to buy the shirt the girl is wearing, awesome

PigSpeakers said:
So wait. Lady Rainicorn is ACTUALLY speaking Korean? I always just thought it was something that sounded like it.
Yup. And that joke she makes in that one episode? It's something about her and Jake running naked through a field of cabbages.

Yeah, it's actual Korean.

Interesting fact that some may know, the person who voices Lady Rainicorn, Niki Yang, also voices BMO/Beemo.

RobotNinjaHornets said:
Yup. And that joke she makes in that one episode? It's something about her and Jake running naked through a field of cabbages.
:lol

yencid said:
and of course:

*GIF OF MATHEMATICAL*

which by the way

*WALLPAPER OF RHOMBUS*
*wallpaper fist bump*

I even have a crappy version of Windows on my netbook that doesn't allow changing backgrounds, so I downloaded a program to do it, PURELY FOR THAT. It's awesome.

KingK

I would totally take one of those avatars if I was willing to part with my current one. But I just can't bring myself to part with sophisticated Blastoise.

moonspeak said:
oh man

i still need to catch up on season two o:
Same here :O

yencid

friskykillface said:
Mushroom War story in season 3? I'd assume no since it is cartoon network :(

"Oh my glob" haha always gets me.
"since its on cartoon network" doesnt apply when it comes to this show.

friskykillface said:

I'm amazed with what cartoon network has been allowing recently... I don't remember what specifically but something in Regular Show had me very surprised. It was far past innuendo though.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
friskykillface said:

Pendleton already said he doesn't want to do a backstory like that. It's all about going forward.

wenis said:
Pendleton already said he doesn't want to do a backstory like that. It's all about going forward.

awesome. needless exposition and adventure time doesn't fit. i like it in the background, like the "river of junk" (lol) and that broken down old car.

if i had to guess, the mushroom war refers to a mushroom cloud, but since it happened thousands of years beforehand (it's now the post-post-apocalypse) the innocent denizens of ooo probably think it was a war between mushroom people. what more can you say about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom