• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 3 |OT|: The Party God Has Deemed Us Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
milkyjay20 said:
awesome. needless exposition and adventure time doesn't fit. i like it in the background, like the "river of junk" (lol) and that broken down old car.

if i had to guess, the mushroom war refers to a mushroom cloud, but since it happened thousands of years beforehand (it's now the post-post-apocalypse) the innocent denizens of ooo probably think it was a war between mushroom people. what more can you say about it?
Pretty much. It's always weird when they allude to this whole thing in the show too, I'd probably be uncomfortable if they ever actually went into what happened in depth.

Belfast

SteveWinwood said:
I'm amazed with what cartoon network has been allowing recently... I don't remember what specifically but something in Regular Show had me very surprised. It was far past innuendo though.

Pops' junkmail?

everyone probably already knows this, but lumpy space princess is voiced by the creator, pendleton ward. i just find that such an awesome little factoid, cuz i become giddy whenever lsp appears.

milkyjay20 said:
everyone probably already knows this, but lumpy space princess is voiced by the creator, pendleton ward. i just find that such an awesome little factoid, cuz i become giddy whenever lsp appears.

Also the design for Party Pat is based off one of the writers.

There are a lot of hidden references to the creators.

yencid

tumblr_lj7dxjQk8q1qbhtrto1_500.gif

tumblr_llkmbi9NVB1qikhz3o1_500.gif

tumblr_lj77owvnjv1qfy2kdo1_500.gif

Vinci

Danish
I had no clue what this was till I saw this thread and went on Youtube to watch some clips. Thanks, guys. Too bad the DVD doesn't come out for a while.

VALIS

I already consider it one of the greatest cartoons of all-time. This term is overused, but the show is seriously genius.

Vinci said:
I had no clue what this was till I saw this thread and went on Youtube to watch some clips. Thanks, guys. Too bad the DVD doesn't come out for a while.

Forget the DVD, honestly.It'll only be a few episodes.
Just buy it digitally.

I hope they bring back Death and the Magic Man. Those were some great one-offs I'd like to see turn into semi-recurring characters.

NEO0MJ

Didn't know it was coming back so soon. Awesome.
Have to ask, what's the story behind this face? It shows up a lot in the show.

tumblr_lklfxagwF81qikhz3o1_r1_500.gif

I've watched plenty of episodes but I've never notices any plot arcs. What's this stuff about postapocalypse? Yes, I've seen the lich episode.

yencid

ChoklitReign said:
I've watched plenty of episodes but I've never notices any plot arcs. What's this stuff about postapocalypse? Yes, I've seen the lich episode.
they have mentioned the mushroom war on multiple occasions.

taken from the AT wikia

Adventure Time Theme Song: An opening shot showing various debris of destruction, including grayed land and undetonated nuclear missiles lying around, as well as a decaying hand reaching out from a log.

Tree Trunks: Traffic signs, which have since somehow mutated into Sign Zombies. The reason how this has happened though is unknown as traffic signs are not alive and therefore cannot mutate.

Business Time: Ancient artifacts frozen in icebergs, including baby shoes and the Businessmen. Finn also uses a flamethrower built from two fuel tanks connected to a rifle by a tube.

The Witch's Garden: The remains of a highway system and a plane's wing can be seen near Gary's nest; the River of Junk is essentially a river of mundane pre-war artifacts

Ocean of Fear: Shrimp that have mutated beyond their original form, underwater city ruins and vehicles and a brief scene showing a damaged aircraft carrier and a stranded tank. Finn and Jake also take to the depths in a submarine.

Storytelling: There are many remains of radios and debris scattered throughout a forest. Finn seems to notice some of this, but quickly forgets about it.

The Other Tarts: Various boats can be seen in the Desert of Doom, suggesting that it may have previously been a body of water.

The Silent King: The storyboard[1] for "The Silent King" contains the first time The Mushroom War is mentioned by name in the series, heard when Gummy is reading from the rule book. However, this line was cut from the actual episode.

The Real You: A shot of Earth, only with a huge part of it missing.

Death in Bloom: Debris of civilization, including police vehicles, in the Land of the Dead.

Susan Strong: An underground shelter where exists a tribe of "humans" that have been mutated beyond their original form.

Go With Me: The Drive-In Theater houses the remains of many cars.
Belly of the Beast: The remains of a car rest in the throat of the monster as Finn and Jake return to confront the bears in the stomach.

Video Makers: The survival of various video cassettes featuring movies that were made prior to the war Jake even mentions the Mushroom War in the episode.
Mortal Folly: The base of The Lich's power is an abandoned, ruined subway station with deserted trains and littered with human skeletons scattered on the floor as if they had been killed that very moment around the station. Outside the station is what appears to be a Nuclear Missile.

Heat Signature: In front of Marceline's Cave there is a torn up highway that acts like an awning. There is also the remains of an old car across from the cave entrance. Later, the ghosts take Finn and Jake to the top of what looks like a torn up skyscraper with a helicopter crashed on the roof.

and the fact that lady rainicorns parents said that humans have been extinct for thousands of years.

there definitely is an overbranching arch

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Acid08 said:
Do you have the image source?! THIS IS IMPORTANT.

I posted a folder with all the title cards (in the highest resolutions available) back in the old thread

Here

Lo_Fi

yencid said:
they have mentioned the mushroom war on multiple occasions.

and the fact that lady rainicorns parents said that humans have been extinct for thousands of years.

there definitely is an overbranching arch

Also, in "Her Parents", one of the lines that Jake sings is "Please ignore the wartime slaughter!" XD

Can't believe CN allowed that.

NewFresh

Screw you all. I am now a fan of Adventure time
I just bought season 1 and 2 on Itunes and have been working my way through the amazingness

Lo_Fi said:
Also, in "Her Parents", one of the lines that Jake sings is "Please ignore the wartime slaughter!" XD

Can't believe CN allowed that.
Wasn't that a reference to the dog-rainicorn war, though?

EmmanuelMunoz said:
Screw you all. I am now a fan of Adventure time
I just bought season 1 and 2 on Itunes and have been working my way through the amazingness

Welcome to the herd adventure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom