• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Official Site is up (Indieszero)

They really are going for a total nostalgia blast, aren't they? Especially with the cutscene footage drawn directly from the older games. It almost makes me want to buy a 3DS. Almost.

Luigi87

Freakin' XD at Ultros.

I'm getting psyched for this. Can't wait to see more (uninterrupted) footage from TGS to go up.

fernoca

So cute.. :p

RGE9j.png

Really liking what I'm seeing, way more than the original reveal.

Chairhome

I feel like this game was made for me! I love ff music, I love ouendan. The only thing that scares me is that if it doesn't get localized... there's a region lock. :-(

Roto13

Youtube link

Looks good to me. I guess the action and commands are shown on the top screen but the bottom screen is used for input, judging by the fact that all of this footage is using the top screen's aspect ratio.

hatchx

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Fourteen enemies.

Doubt that's coincidence.

XD lol
You're becoming one of my favorite posters here Shocking Alberto.

Anyways I think the game looks rad. Elite Beat Agents with franchise nostalgia and Little King Story-esque art style?

Count me in.

While this looks great and something I'd like to definitely try, I can't justify this as a full retail $40 purchase. Do we have any idea on pricing for this?

Blogs seem to be slamming this pretty hard... though I'm finding the usual "This should be on iPhone and 99 cents!!!!" argument a little exhausting.

Zomba13

Gunloc said:
Looks Ouendan/EBAlicious.

Want.
This. If they can pull off EBA style gameplay (which it looks like from the vid though maybe a bit simpler) then I'll be all over this.

Really not a fan of the hero art. Kinda freaks me out. LOVE the monster art though.
Dat Bomb.

Roto13

michaeltraps said:
While this looks great and something I'd like to definitely try, I can't justify this as a full retail $40 purchase.
Why? Do you think rhythm games should be cheaper than other games for some reason?

Luigi87

Roto13 said:
Why? Do you think rhythm games should be cheaper than other games for some reason?

Welcome to the present day mentality of games too many people have. If it looks like it can be made for a phone, it shouldn't be more than $1.

Roto13 said:
No, not at all. It has nothing to do with it being a rhythm game - I just hope it has the content to justify the price tag.

Luigi87 said:
Welcome to the present day mentality of games too many people have. If it looks like it can be made for a phone, it shouldn't be more than $1.
That's not really where I'm coming from with my comment, in fact, I said I don't think this should automatically be thrown into the $1 iPhone game bucket.

Luigi87

Sorry, I just meant that as a generalization response -- didn't really intend to single anyone out per se.

As for pricing, well I can see $40, and for one reason: Square is a company that is willing to re-release ports of its old games at full price.

Luigi87 said:
Sorry, I just meant that as a generalization response -- didn't really intend to single anyone out per se.

As for pricing, well I can see $40, and for one reason: Square is a company that is willing to re-release ports of its old games at full price.
No worries, I just didn't want to come across the wrong way and become everything I've ever hated. :)

In light of a certain blog's headline regarding this game, I've become a little fed up with the all-too-popular "99 cents or bust" stance.

Clunker

Luigi87 said:
Well, to be blunt, this looks on the surface to be an expansion of the basic gameplay in Groove Coaster, which literally is 99 cents. (And is a rad as hell game, people with iPhones should definitely check it out if you haven't already!)

I'm not saying this needs to be under a buck or it'll fail, but there are already quite a few great, quirky concepts on the App Store that hit at the 99 cent mark. They don't all have the nostalgia-bomb of a chibi Ultros or Eyes on Me, but that doesn't mean I'd be cheering on a 4,000 percent markup as a result.

That said, I'm waiting to hear more concrete details on this but it looks pretty awesome so far! I really wouldn't be surprised to see it on iPhone some day (SE has a number of its quirky titles on the App Store), but I'm intrigued by it regardless of platform.

Aru

Not really a fan of the game's art.
Definitely gonna wait for reviews.

I hope I find more interest in the upcoming (?) FF anniversary games.

Top Bottom