• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Picross e announced for 3DS eshop (sequel to Jupiter's Picross DS!)

Cue the inevitable Picross 3D 3D jokes!

http://www.jupiter.co.jp/3ds/picrosse/

Comes to JPN eshop 27/7/11 500 yen (HOLY SHIT, BARGAIN!!!)

Screens (NO MORE HAVING TO ZOOM INTO PUZZLES!)

Capther01.jpg

Capther02.jpg

Capther03.jpg

GameGraph01.jpg

GameGraph02.jpg

GameGraph03.jpg

SO BEAUTIFUL! I NEED THIS!

Clunker

The Return of the King. I love Picross. <3 I still need to finish Picross 3D.

Does it at how many puzzles it has? The super-tiny price makes me suspect it might be a return of the bite-sized "Xpress" model on the DSiWare shop.

Riposte said:
Hmmm, unfortunately looks like a downgrade. But I bet it will be a lot of fun still.

I fail to see how this is a downgrade. Do enlighten me?

Clunker said:
The Return of the King. I love Picross. <3 I still need to finish Picross 3D.

Does it at how many puzzles it has? The super-tiny price makes me suspect it might be a return of the bite-sized "Xpress" model on the DSiWare shop.

I don't think the site mentions how many puzzles are available, but if it has the puzzle creator from Picross DS then it won't really matter.

Ahhhhhh!

Any 3D puzzles, please?

I know the 3D version was developed by Intelligent System but still...

COME TO ME IN GLORIOUS ENGLISH!

Neo Child

Banned
500 yen = 5 dollars = £3.80?

Bargain, hope it has loads of puzzles... I owned Picross DS so i want this to have more/downloadable puzzles.

Also, didn't like Picross 3D... shitty CRAZYJAPANESE COLOURS presentation.

Oh PLEASE bring this over.

Picross is one of my favorite puzzle games ever. I put so much time into the 2D and 3D ones for DS (plus Color Cross), I'd definitely buy this day 1.

Sennorin

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
I fail to see how this is a downgrade. Do enlighten me?

Picross 3D for NDS. And I agree, it is kind of a downgrade. However, this is a must-have, nonetheless. Bring on the Points Cards for eShop, Nintendo!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So I wonder why the Japanese eShop has tons of original games and the rest of the world have....

Hmm.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sennorin said:
Picross 3D for NDS. And I agree, it is kind of a downgrade. However, this is a must-have, nonetheless. Bring on the Points Cards for eShop, Nintendo!
Just different style of games - 2D Mario isn't a downgrade of 3D Mario. Or is it ?

Sennorin said:

I'm not following your logic here. Picross 3D is a completely different game from Picross DS. It's not a "better" version of Picross DS, the gameplay is entirely different. (It's like saying that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a better version of NSMB Wii!)

Sammy Samusu said:
Ahhhhhh!

Any 3D puzzles, please?

I know the 3D version was developed by Intelligent System but still...

COME TO ME IN GLORIOUS ENGLISH!

Not true, it was made by HAL Laboratory and I highly doubt that it'll have Picross 3D puzzles (totally different game from a different developer)

VOOK said:
So I wonder why the Japanese eShop has tons of original games and the rest of the world have....

Hmm.

Yeah, it is a bit weird. Mind you though, Nintendo did the same thing with Wii Ware and delayed the launch of the service in order to have a large batch of games to release (plus they're releasing DSi Ware games at a pretty rapid pace so they're probably burning through their large catalogue of DSi Ware games that are still in the queue)

GJS

This will be great in Japan.

It's disappointing that we have heard almost nothing about original 3DS eshop games in NA and EU so far.

SmokyDave

Better tell the missus about this, she's crazy for Picross. Will it get a European release?

Clunker said:
Should be fine, Picross HD is £1.19 and it's got a ton of puzzles.

Sennorin

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
I'm not following your logic here. Picross 3D is a completely different game from Picross DS. It's not a "better" version of Picross DS, the gameplay is entirely different. (It's like saying that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a better version of NSMB Wii!)

I can only speak for myself, but I played Mario´s Picross, loved it. Then I played Picross 3D, which I looked at as a legitimate successor, kind of a nextgen-Picross. So in that way, going back to the old Picross-style is a downgrade. But it´s really not worth the argument since I´m looking forward to more of both styles.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Crap, I thought it was retail so I could import since eShop is blocked.

Crap, but 3DS carts are region locked anyway.

Crap, now depending on NoA to bring here via NA eShop.

Crap!

Aaaah! There is the biggest flaw with Picross games again: You can see the solution in the Puzzle Select-Screen. That is quite stupid if you want to replay single Puzzles or just want to show the game to a friend. It should be possible to deactivate the solution thumbnail!

otmane

Great! and I rather have this bit sized format nowadays! I can't justify paying full price for this type of game in the iphone era...
I just hope NoE delivers and release it soon!

:Motorbass said:
Aaaah! There is the biggest flaw with Picross games again: You can see the solution in the Puzzle Select-Screen. That is quite stupid if you want to replay single Puzzles or just want to show the game to a friend. It should be possible to deactivate the solution thumbnail!

uh you see those ones with the question marks? they're the ones you haven't already solved

345triangle said:
uh you see those ones with the question marks? they're the ones you haven't already solved
Yeah, what I meant is that I don't want to see the solution of puzzles I have already solved because of the reasons mentioned.
Mario's Picross has just a checked box (also due to resolution, but still). That should be enough.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The point is valid, seeing the picture does take away some of the replay value and could easily be changed. I never understood why it became such a standard design of all Picross/Nonograms set-ups.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I love me some Picross, and this has always been the title and experience I thought was most suited for the eShop at a lower price. (Puzzle league(s) should be next!)

However I'm not gonna deny that I loved the how the franchise evolved with Picross 3D, regardless of how little it resembled the original, and was looking forward to see where they take it next.

This looks more of the same, but who's gonna complain about more of a good thing especially at that price?

KenOD said:
The point is valid, seeing the picture does take away some of the replay value and could easily be changed. I never understood why it became such a standard design of all Picross/Nonograms set-ups.

i guess i can see wanting the option to not show them, but personally i like having a collection of little pictures. these games come with so many puzzles i'm not really likely to replay any of them.

Top Bottom