• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Picross e announced for 3DS eshop (sequel to Jupiter's Picross DS!)

I still liked Picross 3D (still playing it!), but I definitely prefer 2D Picross. On the higher difficulties the 3D puzzles become "find the next ONE block to break", which is fine on 2D where you can see the whole board and numbers, but when you have to slice into the puzzle over and over looking for that ONE block you can break it gets annoying for me, at least with the strict time limits they have in 3D.

Picross DS always should have had been a game that was part of the system, I'm really glad they are finally releasing it as an app not a retail release.

Gameboy415

Awesome, simply AWESOME! :D

I've been a Picross fan since Mario's Picross way back on the original Game Boy and I'll be there day one for any new iterations!

I hope they have lots of Nintendo themed puzzles in this. My favorite part of Picross DS was unlocking the Nintendo system level and all the Nintendo themed downloadable puzzles.

I was trying to fill all my downloadable slots with Nintendo themed ones, but they took down the server a while back. Still got most of them, though.

YES!!!!!
I might have to get a screen protector for this, my ds lite got a lot of tiny scratches in the spots where the icons were placed

:Motorbass said:
Aaaah! There is the biggest flaw with Picross games again: You can see the solution in the Puzzle Select-Screen. That is quite stupid if you want to replay single Puzzles or just want to show the game to a friend. It should be possible to deactivate the solution thumbnail!
I know Picross 3D has a random option that allieviates this issue.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
This might actually push me into buying a 3DS

Jackano

Just buyed it, and I've completed a dozen of tiny puzzles.

Well nothing special to say, it's a simple Picross, 150 puzzles from 5x5 to 15x15, so very classic, but also very enjoyable especially for 500yens. A very nice addition for your 3DS dashboard.

Only smalls cons so far, the sound (I miss the Mario Picross/Picross DS music, and the sound when you check a case isn't very loud and pronounced), and I still search a button to switch between the 2 stylus modes (mark a case or mark a case as blank). The icons in the top left corner are too small for this.

Chopper

Jackano said:
Just buyed it, and I've completed a dozen of tiny puzzles.

Well nothing special to say, it's a simple Picross, 150 puzzles from 5x5 to 15x15, so very classic, but also very enjoyable especially for 500yens. A very nice addition for your 3DS dashboard.

Only smalls cons so far, the sound (I miss the Mario Picross/Picross DS music, and the sound when you check a case isn't very loud and pronounced), and I still search a button to switch between the 2 stylus modes (mark a case or mark a case as blank). The icons in the top left corner are too small for this.
You own a Japanese 3DS presumably? Any news on a release date for this in Europe?

Rhod

Jackano said:
I still search a button to switch between the 2 stylus modes (mark a case or mark a case as blank). The icons in the top left corner are too small for this.

Did you know you can use the slide pad (Up for mark/Down for X)?

I am enjoying this very much, but I *hate* how easy it is to accidentally mark a block. Perhaps this is the first game I will ever RageQuit if that happens again. :)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
hEist said:
i want it now. Do something NoE.
Am I the only PAL-lander whose list of most-wanted 3ds titles constitutes almost entirely of entries of dubious availability in PAL land? Mine looks like:

Picross E & 9D
Four Warriors of Light 3ds
whatever 3ds racer Firebrand are currently working on
Bit.Trip Saga

Top Bottom