• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE | November 2011 | Scores & Content [Skyrim Cover]

Edge Scores for the November issue (#233) have been leaked. If I'm correct scans are forbidden on GAF, but it has a Skyrim cover and the teaser for next month seems to be the Master Sword, so obviously Skyward Sword is featured in #234.

The Scores:

Gears of War 3 [9]

Resistance 3 [7]

Dead Island [3]

BodyCount [4]

Warhammer 40K Space Marine [5]

Rise Of Nightmares [4]

The Gunstringer [5]

Bloodrayne Betrayal [8]

Motoheroz [7]

HYPE Section
Skyrim, Borderlands 2, The Witness, Battlefield 3, Dishonored, Planetside 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Anarchy Reigns, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

Detox said:
I guess their Red Orchestra 2, Trackmania 2 and Hard Reset reviews weren't ready but they're up on their site

Red Orchestra 2 - 7
TrackMania 2: Canyon - 7.
Hard Reset - 4

For those interested in reading the other reviews:
Gears of War 3
BloodRayne: Betrayal
The Gunstringer
Rise Of Nightmares.
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Resistance 3
MotoHeroz
Dead Island

Damn, pretty low for Warhammer, I'm actually really enjoying that game. Although I do find it too linear for the most part.

Great score for Gears, should be playing that in the next couple days after finishing up Warhammer ... any little tidbits on that BTW?

Dead Island ... interesting. Still going to try it once I get through the rush of holiday must-plays.

Ken Masters said:
Thought resistance would be higher and not surprised a major publication gave gears a 9

It's beginning that early in the thread? Dang.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Edge likes polished games, that's for sure.

Don't how it is relevant for my tastes though, that's why I don't agree with them most times.

The Mag also seems to have sections on Limbo's spider, ICO's castle and a visit to Ninja Theory in the CREATE section. Seems interesting.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, never seen EDGE so accurate with their numbers before.

Haven't played Gears 3 but based on the previous titles, it was given the correct score. Resistance 3 deserves exactly a 7 and Dead Island is a piece of shit so a 3 is accurate.

Mafro

Nostalgia~4ever said:
and people say that EDGE dont give British games bad scores.
That will just be swept under the rug just like all the other low scores they've given to British games, and GAF will continue with the nonsense conspiracy theory.

Bumhead

Banned
I get that Dead Island is too sloppy from a technical point of view to be any higher than a 7 or so, but having played the game 3/10 is outrageously low in my opinion. Be interesting to read what their gripes are beyond the technical/buggy stuff.

I'm having a blast with it on PC.

AEREC

They must have had some nasty bugs with dead island...it's been one of the best games of the year for me.

Lakitu said:
Any new Skyrim info / screens?

And nice GOW 3 score. :)

Not really, though there is a badass Argonian customization screen which shows about two dozen facial variations with horns and stuff.

Also a cool tidbit that there is a pickpocket skill called
Decapitation :)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What were their issues with MotoHeroz? Can't see much wrong with that game, if anything yet, though I'm not far at all.

Edge only likes dudebro shooters hehe.

Trackmania gets a pretty low score, read the review online and completely disagree with the handling part. It's nothing new imo.

Yagharek

No point buying edge anymore. All their content is online before the magazine is out.

I think I'll just get it for the marquee reviews or events. Like the next 10 or console launches.

R1CHO

Nostalgia~4ever said:

Its a point more than Dead Island that is 1000 times better... so yeah, a 4/10 to that crap is enough.

Detox

RandomVince said:
No point buying edge anymore. All their content is online before the magazine is out.

I think I'll just get it for the marquee reviews or events. Like the next 10 or console launches.
I mainly buy EDGE for the features which still have a significant delay between appearing on print and online.

Dead Island [3]

This is lack of respect. Hundreds of peoples invest their life in a big project and a "respected" magazine suddenly decides to kill all hopes. There's no excuse.

Peru

thelurkinghorror said:
Dead Island [3]

This is lack of respect. Hundreds of peoples invest their life in a big project and a "respected" magazine suddenly decides to kill all hopes. There's no excuse.

... what?

Oh and it's already sold well - good game or not - but that's hardly the responsibility of game critics.

Detox said:
I mainly buy EDGE for the features which still have a significant delay between appearing on print and online.

Exactly. They also have a very interesting Region Specific feature on Dublin. The columns are always nice as well.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
thelurkinghorror said:
Dead Island [3]

If its a bad game, it's a bad game.

Randomizer

thelurkinghorror said:
Dead Island [3]

This applies to any review ever. Critics are not here to feel sympathy or to support small developers. If they think a game isn't good they are entitled to their opinion and are allowed to share it.

I know this... Edge can't decide the fate of a games. Is a niche magazine with a lot of money to spend. But there's no excuse to give 3 at Dead Island. No excuse, sir!

You have a little software house who aspires to have a big hit and you give at their good game a 3. You can do this jokes at Epic, at someone big. You can't joke or philosophizing maliciously of a software house so small

DaBuddaDa

thelurkinghorror said:
Dead Island [3]

The reviewer hated the game and gave it a low score man. That's the only excuse needed.

Sotha Sil

thelurkinghorror said:
Dead Island [3]

I agree. A review score should be proportional to the number of people who worked on the game.

Nostalgia~4ever said:

It's not that they don't ever give out bad scores to British developed games... they just give out good scores more often to them than other publications.

AkuMifune said:
But it's not a bad game.

Obviously the reviewer paid to give his opinion disagrees with you.

Top Bottom