• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Legend of Heroes Zero no Kiseki Coming to PlayStation Vita

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://andriasang.com/comyca/

The image, supposedly from a post card that comes with a Falcom drama CD, refers to the game as Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Full Voice Version and lists a release of Spring 2012. Details are promised at http://www.zero-full.com.

I don't have any way of verifying if the image is legit or not, so you should probably consider this a rumor for now.

23fpp.jpg

jackdoe

If that's true, that would be awesome. Maybe they'll even give Adol a voice in Ys Celceta (since they oddly did in Ys vs Sora).

good. that means XSeed can bring it over. they mentioned it being on vita. or was that the next game. either way. bring it.

Eusis

On one hand I kind of wonder if this is partially so the series beyond 2 and 3 can easily come out over here. On the other hand I half suspect adding voice acting could undermine that, I guess it depends on how much of the text is voiced.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
You know what to do Xseed!

Bebpo

Banned
Ugh, why did I waste $70 on the original that I still haven't played :( This version will make it irrelevant.

Then again it'll suck playing this in full voice and then going to no voice for the rest of the installments so maybe I shouldn't play this one unless they're going to redo the latest one with full voice as well.

jackdoe

Eusis said:
On one hand I kind of wonder if this is partially so the series beyond 2 and 3 can easily come out over here. On the other hand I half suspect adding voice acting could undermine that, I guess it depends on how much of the text is voiced.
I'd wager event scenes only and major characters only (those with portraits).

Vandiger

I thought Xseed would bring the entire trilogy. Wondering if they'll just port the two PSP games and then the 3rd on Vita.

Clevinger

DMPrince said:
good. that means XSeed can bring it over. they mentioned it being on vita. or was that the next game. either way. bring it.

Is this the direct sequel to Trails, or something else?

Clevinger said:
he was just talking about translation for trails 2 and stuff. nothing really. just saw the word Vita thrown in there lol. and i ignored the other parts even if it wasn't part of the comment.

as far as the game goes. idk. i wouldn't know lol. i just like to buy games people like.

Aeana

Clevinger said:
Zero is the fourth game, it has a new hero and although it references events from the first three games, it is largely a new story.

Jigsaw

Banned
Vandiger said:
I thought Xseed would bring the entire trilogy. Wondering if they'll just port the two PSP games and then the 3rd on Vita.

this is not the 3rd game

sora no kiseki 1+2+3 (aka trails in the sky 1+2+3) is legend of heroes 6

zero no kiseki is legend of heroes 7

ao no kiseki is legend of heroes 8

xseed is 4 games behind the japanese releases (5 if you include the ys vs sora no kiseki spin off)

Excellent.

Eusis said:

If it truly is a full voice edition, there's no way XSEED could afford to dub it. That'd be a crazy amount of voice acting.

Eusis

hosannainexcelsis said:
Excellent.

If it truly is a full voice edition, there's no way XSEED could afford to dub it. That'd be a crazy amount of voice acting.
Yeah, I'd be hoping (and honestly AM expecting) it's pretty much just all story sequences. Which probably would be heavy, but I'd hope not moreso than, say, P3 or 4.

Clevinger

Jigsaw said:
this is not the 3rd game

xseed is 4 games behind the japanese releases (5 if you include the ys vs sora no kiseki spin off)

Fuck. Time to learn Japanese.

Eusis said:
Yeah, I'd be hoping (and honestly AM expecting) it's pretty much just all story sequences. Which probably would be heavy, but I'd hope not moreso than, say, P3 or 4.

Even if it were the same amount of voice as the Persona games (and I honestly doubt that would be the case even if they restricted it to mainline story scenes), this is an even more super-niche series. I have to wonder if the expense of dubbing would be worth it.

Vandiger

Jigsaw said:
this is not the 3rd game

Ah I was all confused. I didn't know trails in the sky was broken into chapters.

Eusis

Augemitbutter said:
they don't have to.
Unless SCEA says they have to. Even without that though I doubt it'd make sense for the setting (could be wrong!) and it'd break consistency with Trails in the Sky having English dubbing, what little was needed anyway.

Also I tried using /dns in mIRC on www.zero-full.com and www.falcom.co.jp, and didn't get the same IP. Dunno how much that matters or not, the IPs were 114.179.231.55 for zero-full.com and 202.181.96.244 for falcom.co.jp (and falcom.com for that matter).

Eusis said:
Unless SCEA says they have to. Even without that though I doubt it'd make sense for the setting (could be wrong!) and it'd break consistency with Trails in the Sky having English dubbing, what little was needed anyway.

Also I tried using /dns in mIRC on www.zero-full.com and www.falcom.co.jp, and didn't get the same IP. Dunno how much that matters or not, the IPs were 114.179.231.55 for zero-full.com and 202.181.96.244 for falcom.co.jp (and falcom.com for that matter).

The whois resolves to a place in Shibuya, though, and it isn't rumor any more - there's definitely a card in all of the Ao drama CDs that announces this. So this is definitely a Thing That Is Coming and the site will likely be live in a day or two.

Wasn't expecting this at all, really interested to see how it turns out.

I've currently put 20 hours into the original game now and it's really fun.

Jigsaw said:
this is not the 3rd game

Whaaaat. I'm thinking I'd rather wait until they finish the series and make a compilation title type thing. Would this ever happen? I'm interested in the series, but not enough to wrap my head around the chronology of it all.

Eusis

SpaceDrake said:
The whois resolves to a place in Shibuya, though, and it isn't rumor any more - there's definitely a card in all of the Ao drama CDs that announces this. So this is definitely a Thing That Is Coming and the site will likely be live in a day or two.
I knew trying it again on the IP itself gave an address ending in .jp, but it's good to know it really is for real.

Laguna

Banned
Even more ports? It just looks like to be the same situation like PSP in Japan. But at least it will be interesting for hardcorefans and people that haven´t played the original but like this kind of games.

Famassu

Laguna said:
Even more ports?
Soundshapes
Gravity Haze
Ys IV remake
Dragon's Crown
Escape Plan
Lumines: Electric Symphony
Ragnarok Odyssey
Ridge Racer Vita
Shinobido 2
Super Monkey Ball (there's some hope for this as it's supposed to be more challenging than the more recent SMBs)
Wipeout 2048
DJMax Technika
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Hell's Army
Ruin
Sumioni
Tales of Innocence R
Super Stardust Delta
Cave Shooter
Hot Shots Golf 6
Little Big Planet Vita
Gyokugen Dasshutsu Adv: Zennin Shiboudes
Little King's Story remake/sequel
Bioshock Infinite spin-off/sidestory/whatever

Ports?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I hope it's true. Would improve the non-existent chances we have at seeing it in English someday.

I should be doing hw said:
Whaaaat. I'm thinking I'd rather wait until they finish the series and make a compilation title type thing. Would this ever happen? I'm interested in the series, but not enough to wrap my head around the chronology of it all.
Trails in the Sky (Sora no Kiseki) + Trails in the Sky SC are the first part, split down the middle between two games. So SC picks up literally right where the first game left off.

Trails in the Sky 3rd is a sequel the previous two games, but it doesn't pick up right where they left off like SC does. Pretty sure it also has a new cast (and some cameos I think) in a different country.

Falcom did release a compilation of those three games in Japan, but I don't think XSEED would bother with that here. Would probably cost more than they could hope to get back on it, especially as late as it would be released.

Can't really speak for the other two games, I just know they take place in the same world, but I don't know how they relate to the previous games or each other.

Top Bottom