• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Legend of Heroes Zero no Kiseki Coming to PlayStation Vita

jackdoe

Very nice. Same treatment for Ao no Kiseki (even though it seems like there already is some event voice for the PSP version)?

Takao said:
The blue haired girl wears some unfortunate clothing.

Tio's stockings have always been a hair "eyebrow-raising". Happily they never do anything actually creepy with her in the games.

duckroll

Something about this announcement rubs me the wrong way. The way it's being announced, and the way it is being presented seem to indicate that it might not even be a hands-on Falcom project, and it might or might not be developed/published by Falcom.

- The way the game was announced is not consistent with the way Falcom usually announces their projects. It's not in a magazine, and it's not teased about on their twitter account or news site.

- The site for the game is www.zero-full.com and is not part of Falcom's servers. In fact, while the site is already up, the game is not mentioned on Falcom's front page, nor is it mentioned on their Hot News section, nor is it on the SnK series portal.

- All of Falcom's other games are specifically hosted on their site, including the upcoming games on PSP and Vita.

- The site for the games mentions it is a collaboration between Falcom, Chara-Ani, and Pyramid. There is also a Chara-Ani copyright at the bottom, which is very odd considering Falcom owns the rights to all of Zero no Kiseki. Chara-Ani is a Japanese retailer for otaku goods (why would Falcom need an exclusive retailer partner when they have their own online store?). No one has any idea what "Pyramid" the site is referring to, but it could be either a Japanese band (why would Falcom use non-JDK music?) or the Patapon game developer (why would Falcom need someone else to develop a port?).

The entire thing is really weird to me. I smell something fishy. It might actually be a license deal where Chara-Ani licensed the game from Falcom, and contracted Pyramid to develop the port... just like the Chinese PC port.

Callibretto said:
If duckroll's right, will that affect xseed from localizing it?

It'd make things somewhat more complicated, though it'd depend on who gets the rights to what of the Vita version; as Duckroll noted, the Kiseki IP and the core ZnK game are all indisputably Falcom's in perpetuity.

Aeana

Looks like we'll finally get the full reveal on February 9th. They're going to have a conference streamed live on Nico, and the site has been updated to reflect that.

luca1980

Banned
I want all these kiseki titles in english sigh.
I would take them without voice acting if it could help to lower the translating budget

Eusis

I would take them without voice acting if it could help to lower the translating budget
Well, it'd certainly lower the budget for this one if it's really a full voice version, but it'd literally be a non-issue for the original Trails in the Sky trilogy, the VA for that's been done for awhile now.

luca1980

Banned
On a courious note: is the quality of this new 2 titles (zero and ao) like first chapter?
And little ot : sc and third chapter of the first "trilogy" are of constant quality?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Best off just taking up Japanese. Yeah, it will take forever to be able to play the games, but there's pretty much no chance of getting these games in English. Even if XSEED were to accomplish their goals with the initial trilogy, it's pretty unlikely they would care to tackle further games in the series (and I don't think anyone else is going to want to try either).

I'd be up for that, but I don't think I'm dedicated enough to spend years learning a language for a handful of games.

Aeana

On a courious note: is the quality of this new 2 titles (zero and ao) like first chapter?
And little ot : sc and third chapter of the first "trilogy" are of constant quality?

They are higher quality. SC and especially 3rd are also higher quality than FC. I don't feel that Falcom had hit its stride yet with FC.

Eusis

Best off just taking up Japanese. Yeah, it will take forever to be able to play the games, but there's pretty much no chance of getting these games in English. Even if XSEED were to accomplish their goals with the initial trilogy, it's pretty unlikely they would care to tackle further games in the series.
I'm actually a bit more optimistic about the newer games, if they can finish off the other two on PSP then it's relatively smooth sailing in regards to the viability of the platform so long as Ao and onwards are ported to Vita too (and assuming the "Vita is dead!" stuff doesn't become the literal truth). VA could be a hurdle, but it wouldn't be the first time VA was hacked off to make a localization feasible.

So what are the odds that some company will "man up" and bring this to the US? I can understand XSEED's reservations about bringing the rest if the first trilogy as FC apparently sold for shit and PDP sales were crapbto begin with.

But now we've got a new piece of hardware that apparently won't be easy to pirate. Getting an RPG out early should guarantee great sales too. So if XSEED won't step up, could we expect Atlus, NISA or someone else to do so?

Torraz

Best off just taking up Japanese. Yeah, it will take forever to be able to play the games, but there's pretty much no chance of getting these games in English. Even if XSEED were to accomplish their goals with the initial trilogy, it's pretty unlikely they would care to tackle further games in the series (and I don't think anyone else is going to want to try either).

I'd be up for that, but I don't think I'm dedicated enough to spend years learning a language for a handful of games.

After quite a while I'm close to finishing my fourth 100% japanese game Tales of Xillia, following FFXIII, Vesperia and Graces F. Sadly I'm still too audio dependent to be able to play voice-less japanese games, but I hope I'll get there someday. For instance the trails in the sky games and AAI 2 demand it.

If I can do it, anyone can.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So what are the odds that some company will "man up" and bring this to the US? I can understand XSEED's reservations about bringing the rest if the first trilogy as FC apparently sold for shit and PDP sales were crapbto begin with.

But now we've got a new piece of hardware that apparently won't be easy to pirate. Getting an RPG out early should guarantee great sales too. So if XSEED won't step up, could we expect Atlus, NISA or someone else to do so?

You need to play the trilogy first to get into Zero and Ao to my understanding (even though Falcom says otherwise), and even that's pretty much in the air.

And even if XSEED does get those out, there will be so much platform hopping that it will be like the Tales series. PSP for FC -> PC for SC/3rd -> Vita for Zero, maybe Ao? That's not a good way to sell a series, dividing an already small fanbase across multiple platforms.

Eusis

And even if XSEED does get those out, there will be so much platform hopping that it will be like the Tales series. PSP for FC -> PC for SC/3rd -> Vita for Zero, maybe Ao? That's not a good way to sell a series, dividing an already small fanbase across multiple platforms.
Yeah, if they go to PC exclusive for SC/3rd that wouldn't be any good, but if they somehow got SC on PSP then it probably wouldn't be so bad, since the 3rd is one UMD it could feasibly be PSN exclusive at worst.

I was set on not getting a Vita... but I went and played TitS because of that stupid Falcom LttP thread. If there is a sequel of it on anything will get it day 1.
Why did I go with a 3ds ;_;

Though all the games have a main storyline that's being followed and has yet to conclude. It all ties together quite nicely.

Zero and Ao are accessible without playing FC-3rd. Recommended? No. But definitely doable.

You'll miss out on really touching character side stories and closure for a lot of stuff. But if a company brought over Zero and Ao, that's still a lot better than getting nothing at all.

Really, the best case scenario would be Falcom porting the whole series to the Vita.

duckroll

We finally have actual info about the game.

The official title of the game is Zero no Kiseki Evolution. It will have improved graphics, tons of voice, new minigames and support skills, and a brand new opening sequence. There will also be new arranged tracks by Falcom. As I guessed when it was first announced ages ago, it is not developed by Falcom, but by Pyramid instead.

The official title of the game is Zero no Kiseki Evolution. It will have improved graphics, tons of voice, new minigames and support skills, and a brand new opening sequence. There will also be new arranged tracks by Falcom. As I guessed when it was first announced ages ago, it is not developed by Falcom, but by Pyramid instead.

Thanks for sharing! Any news on Ys Celceta?

So psyched about this. It's a very nice list of new features and visual upgrades. Didn't think iI'd be so excited for a rerelease like this. Hahaha.

The only thing that would make it perfect is allowing the player to switch between the original OST and the new.

Eusis

Wonder if the Pyramid partnership could lead to us getting more Falcom games reliably? It's not all on Falcom, and unless this is a drastic overhaul it'd mean they're familiar with the engine for at least the Trails games.

This is the real cherry on this sundae here.

Aeana

I just finally beat Zero about a month ago, but I am totally excited about playing it again on Vita with the better graphics (presumably at least as good as the Chinese PC version, hopefully better) and voice. After replaying the Sora series and finally playing Zero, the Kiseki series has moved into position as my favorite RPG series. I just need to play Ao now before Nayuta comes out.

Reading this thread makes me depressed. I bought Trails a few months ago, but haven't gotten to it yet because of a huge backlog, but ALSO BECAUSE:

I don't want this to be another Shining Force 3. Seriously, playing and beating SF3 all those years ago only to never get the other 2 devastated me.

It took how long for a SF3 translation to come out? And then you compare that to the amount of dialog that is in SC? Yeah....

Kinda worried about finishing Trails in the Sky if it's the only game coming out here...I hope the Vita ones at least come out

Eusis

How complete of a story IS Shining Force III Scenario 1 versus Trails in the Sky 1? At least with Trails in the Sky you know there's a chance we'll see the rest, whereas I think Shining Force III was announced WITH explicit plans to not release the rest here.

That, and there's a Trails in the Sky anime that covers the second game, but I consider that a last resort to look into should Xseed die or at least straight up say it's not happening, nevermind the fact no one seems to have licensed the anime.

Aeana

Correction on this, it actually says "new support requests," which means new sidequests.

Also really surprised to hear that they're voicing over 150 characters.

Aeana

How complete of a story IS Shining Force III Scenario 1 versus Trails in the Sky 1? At least with Trails in the Sky you know there's a chance we'll see the rest, whereas I think Shining Force III was announced WITH explicit plans to not release the rest here.

That, and there's a Trails in the Sky anime that covers the second game, but I consider that a last resort to look into should Xseed die or at least straight up say it's not happening, nevermind the fact no one seems to have licensed the anime.

I watched the first episode of the OVA, and I would like to point out that they changed the story quite a bit, for the worse. I'll probably watch the second one and see what they do with the rest of the story, but I definitely wouldn't consider it a replacement for the game. :\ There's just no way they could fit the whole thing into a 2 episode OVA anyway.

Salaadin

Man I gotta get rolling on LoH Trails in the Sky. WOuld it be wrong to celebrate my Vita in 2 weeks by downloading the digital copy of TiTS? :p

I know its still up in there on whether or not we will ever see the sequels localized but I still want to play it to the end.

Reading this thread makes me depressed. I bought Trails a few months ago, but haven't gotten to it yet because of a huge backlog, but ALSO BECAUSE:

I don't want this to be another Shining Force 3. Seriously, playing and beating SF3 all those years ago only to never get the other 2 devastated me.

It took how long for a SF3 translation to come out? And then you compare that to the amount of dialog that is in SC? Yeah....

Well, you can look at it this way: the bolded was a single step on the journey to making that happen.

I just finally beat Zero about a month ago, but I am totally excited about playing it again on Vita with the better graphics (presumably at least as good as the Chinese PC version, hopefully better) and voice. After replaying the Sora series and finally playing Zero, the Kiseki series has moved into position as my favorite RPG series. I just need to play Ao now before Nayuta comes out.

Let me know when you beat Ao eventually so we can talk about it! =)

Eusis

I watched the first episode of the OVA, and I would like to point out that they changed the story quite a bit, for the worse. I'll probably watch the second one and see what they do with the rest of the story, but I definitely wouldn't consider it a replacement for the game. :\ There's just no way they could fit the whole thing into a 2 episode OVA anyway.
Yeah, I'd consider it an absolute, extreme last resort. The art style already set off alarm bells in my head.

Aeana

Let me know when you beat Ao eventually so we can talk about it! =)

I want to play it right now, but after replaying SC and 3rd and then playing Zero all within a single month, I felt I should give it a rest so I don't burn out. I'll probably do Ao before summer though.

Top Bottom