• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

BTW SolidSnake - or anyone else, of course - do you have that infamous screenshot of bikes and cars together in the gameplay of GTHD project of 2006? I literally spent hours Googling it and searching all available databases, but nowhere to be found. It was released only once backthan and it showcased the motorcycle and the car on the some track.

l27KP.jpg

I don't know if this is the exact one you're looking for.

Anyway, if they do have PS4 at E3 this year I fully expect PD to have some sort of Gran Turismo Concept to show off. I can see Sony having it playable too. I think it'll just be GT5 running on PS4 with full LOD models, maybe a car count increase (They went from 6 to 16 with GT4 to 5 so I'm expecting something like 32). Then at next years E3 they can officially announce GT6 for PS4.

I also think GT Vita is very possible, the system would definitely benefit from it. Even if it is just a watered down port of GT5.

Syn23

I've just managed to watch the Nurburgring 2011 video on GTTV. Was it me mishearing or the commentator kept saying "PorschA" throughout the whole video? :lol

Btw, seeing it made me deside to have all those SLSs, R8s and especially the M3s and my personal favourite, the Z4, in the game. Obviously also the 458, the LFA and those Golf and Impreza would be good either.
Pretty much every car that they focused on in the video is already in the game (except of course for Porshes), if they could give us those race versions of them it would be great. Well, I hope they do something like that for GT6, having them could allow us to have class races like the ones we have now with JGTC cars.

As a side note, I was kinda surprised that they included a Need for Speed branded car in one of the standings they showed during the video.

I've just managed to watch the Nurburgring 2011 video on GTTV. Was it me mishearing or the commentator kept saying "PorschA" throughout the whole video? :lol
It's been mispronounced like that since the beguinning of time in English that's already become an english word like that. But yeah, it's Porsch"-uh" in german.

New NSX Concept video by Polyphony Digital, introducing the harbour course we've seen so many times before in different occasions, but it looks so good now (scenery, day/sunset/night/overcast)..

http://youtu.be/UzaynkoC04k

DLC imminent I guess.

First I'm hearing of this car. Looks amazing.

So apparently the harbor scene is the same as the long "highway" with the M5. Might not be just a Photo Travel location after all.

Decided to play a little Forza 3 for the first time in while... wow. Sold some cars to buy a Z06 and tried it in a beginners level race against Civics and Mazdas and the like. Couldn't win once. I'm getting beat off the line and out turned by a fucking Civic. Tried about 10 times before throwing my hands up and quitting. It's not my intention to start a Forza vs GT argument, just amazed at how 2 racing sims can feel so different.
Forza sucks.

New NSX Concept video by Polyphony Digital, introducing the harbour course we've seen so many times before in different occasions, but it looks so good now (scenery, day/sunset/night/overcast)..

http://youtu.be/UzaynkoC04k

DLC imminent I guess.

Cool, can't wait for the track.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I don't know much about cars so excuse the question, but why not use the Special Stage 11 highway track for speed tests?

amar212

So apparently the harbor scene is the same as the long "highway" with the M5.

We've seen it in few more occasions.

Car Unloading footage in the original opening movie
FT86 Concept movie
M5 footage
Ferrari 458 footage it I remember well
X1 2011 scenes from the Spec 2.0 opening movie

What we have here is Oval Highway Section:

fYCfg.jpg

0wXpY.jpg

night time Harbur Stretch.

iCuuY.jpg

OtCK8.png

LWevp.png

daytime Harbur Straight (with Test Track marks):

7YkTP.png

PXwdE.png

and sunset Docks Straight:

fjyl9.png

So beautiful.

Overpass actually seems a bit different, but the distance between each lamp and background mountains are the same so yeah, it's very likely the same track, which now we know it's connected to the harbor scene.

iaQlb.png

*edit* Actually scratch that, overpass is exactly the same as the one here:
amar212 said:

Seanspeed

Banned
Decided to play a little Forza 3 for the first time in while... wow. Sold some cars to buy a Z06 and tried it in a beginners level race against Civics and Mazdas and the like. Couldn't win once. I'm getting beat off the line and out turned by a fucking Civic. Tried about 10 times before throwing my hands up and quitting. It's not my intention to start a Forza vs GT argument, just amazed at how 2 racing sims can feel so different.
Forza sucks.

You must be UNBELIEVABLY terrible, damn.

Emwitus

#drool. Gt5 is the longest game I've played consistently after gt3 ofcourse lol looks like I'm going to be at it a little longer.

We've seen it in few more occasions.

Car Unloading footage in the original opening movie
FT86 Concept movie
M5 footage
Ferrari 458 footage it I remember well
X1 2011 scenes from the Spec 2.0 opening movie

Yeah I know, but it was pretty hard to put them together as the same track. Until now anyway.

amar212

Yeah I know, but it was pretty hard to put them together as the same track. Until now anyway.

Yep, I really hope this means the course is now finished and ready for go.

Also, I wonder about this narrow road above the High Speed Ring, never actually noticed it was a "working" road:

HGhOR.png

And this NSX Concept is really amazing technology. As it seems from this footage, charging the electro-motors - independent for every wheel - comes from suspension-load and negative camber forces, which is really something groundbreaking.

Really amazing prototype.

BTW Great GIFs Snake :)

benzy

And this NSX Concept is really amazing technology. As it seems from this footage, charging the electro-motors - independent for every wheel - comes from suspension-load and negative camber forces, which is really something groundbreaking.

Really amazing prototype.

Tony Stark approves.

acura_honda_nsx_1.jpg

acura_honda_nsx_2.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
The trailer started and I was thinking this looks a lot like the old NSX, then the new car appeared and I was like OHHHHH.

New track looks good. I hope we get a nice 2 pack again, the new harbor test track and a real race track or remade GT track.

#drool. Gt5 is the longest game I've played consistently after gt3 ofcourse lol looks like I'm going to be at it a little longer.

You don't say, GT5 has been inside my PS3 for 1 year and a month. I have never played a game for so long, of-course i never waited for a game for so long.

Polyphony

I know I'm late to the party but.... WOW, what a trailer!!!

Did anyone else notice the 7000m sign on the new track? Most probably a test track; it makes sense with the banked curves and long straightaways.

*Replays video*

Edit: video is now on GTTV, 200~ mb

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Can't say I'm excited for the car, sick of being neglected real racing beauties. Hopefully they throw in something new from EU and not just 2012 updated models once again.

Track looks amazing, can't wait

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Ugh, the Formula Gran Turismo B-Spec races take bloody forever. Worse yet, despite handily winning the first three races with nearly an entire lap on the next car, my jerk bob kept spinning out on the first two laps of the Nurburgring. Now I get to wait another 40 minutes to see if he can pull ahead.

SonnyBoy

I really shouldn't but... Having just received a PS3, I'm trying to catch up on some games... And, I can't have this game without owning a wheel. I just can't. I shouldn't buy one but I don't think I'm strong enough to resist... I'm so weak.

darkwing

I really shouldn't but... Having just received a PS3, I'm trying to catch up on some games... And, I can't have this game without owning a wheel. I just can't. I shouldn't buy one but I don't think I'm strong enough to resist... I'm so weak.

the DFGT is good and cheap

I've become obsessed with these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkti4syMcHI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRJcY3XQxf4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c05i5Mo7K6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NEQ4x2H5Ks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez3VDLLG7E4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38_bG7sbyWQ

5NSpR.png

It's set up like an actual TV broadcast of drifting. There's even commentary. They put an amazing amount of effort into these videos.

Oh wow, i search for good GT5 video's but this is on another level.

BeeDog

Fantastic trailer, but is there any indication whatsoever that the track featured there will be released? I recall several instances of unreleased tracks in previous trailers that are nowhere to be seen.

Simply don't want to end up disappointed, that's all.

Top Bottom