• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoE makes our Christmas dreams come true with Streets of Fortune (Boom Street)

Shiggy

Edit: Others received a press release saying that the date is January 6th, making this report even more credible. Thus Inazuma Eleven 3 should be coming in January and The Last Story in February.

Whether Boom Steet is going to come to Germany on December 23rd has to be seen, but that's what the press release says.

Just got forwarded the press release that NoE will release Fortune Street as Boom Street in Europe on December 23rd, one day before Christmas.

Even better, they chose to use localised titles in every European country, thus the German title is "Straßen des Glücks" (Streets of Fortune) which sounds a bit awkward.

K444WSR

NoE is on a roll this year-just hope they keep it up with wiiu. Fortune streer will be a nice change to the annual Mario party we have at Christmas round ours.

WTF?!?!?!? Could they have picked a worse date? Who the hell buys presents two days before Christmas?!

They need at least a week's lead time in the run up to Christmas (ideally more).

Shiggy

Indyana said:
I love Straßen des Glücks, but I don't speak German.

It sounds like the perfect name for a new telenovela ... those are called Sturm der Liebe ("Storm of Love"), Wege zum Glück ("Paths to Happiness"), or Verliebt in Berlin ("In Love in Berlin).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Freezie KO said:
Oh yeah? Well, for Christmas NoA is going to localize a bag of coal.

NoA: "Currently, there are no plans to release a bag of coal in the US."

Shiggy said:
What's your opinion on the new name? :D

Grrrr...

I'd take Streets of Fortune over Boom Street any day of the week. The former is actually not a bad name (SEGA fans would get a kick out of it too, for all the irony it represents!)

Indyana

Shiggy said:
It sounds like the perfect name for a new telenovela ... those are called Sturm der Liebe ("Storm of Love"), Wege zum Glück ("Paths to Happiness"), or Verliebt in Berlin ("In Love in Berlin).
Nice! They are trying to sell it to the mothers.

AllAccordingToKeitaku.jpg

Sloane

Banned
Shiggy said:
Haha, true. Maybe they'll slap Jeanette Biedermann on the cover.

Eurogamer has 06-01-2012 as releasedate. Are they wrong? Or is the UK a couple of days behind?

Do you know what the Dutch name will be? I saw that the German name is going to be Straßen des Glücks :lol

Shiggy

Notorious_Roy said:
Eurogamer has 06-01-2012 as releasedate. Are they wrong? Or is the UK a couple of days behind?

Do you know what the Dutch name will be? I saw that the German name is going to be Straßen des Glücks :lol

Wegen van Geluk (that would be funny, actually) :D
I don't know whether someone at NoE sent out a wrong date again...January 6th would fit with the Inazuma Eleven 3/Last Story releasedate report.

[Nintex]

The Dutch name is Boom Street

It's coming January 6th 2012:

HET IS GOED ZAKEN DOEN IN DEZE STRAAT

Verhoog je nettowaarde, handel in eigendommen en werk je vrienden uit de markt in Boom Street, een exclusief spel voor Wii dat verschijnt op 6 januari 2012

15 november 2011 – Zorg dat je meer geld verdient dan je vrienden en familie in het gezinsvriendelijke interactieve bordspel Boom StreetTM dat voor WiiTM verschijnt op 6 januari 2012. In Boom Street moet je je weg vinden over spelborden met verschillende thema’s. Als je op zo’n bord speciale vakjes hebt gekocht, moeten andere spelers betalen als ze hierop landen .

Het doel van Boom Street is om sneller rijk te worden dan je tegenstanders door slimme investeringen te doen. Speel tegen maximaal drie vrienden in je huiskamer met dezelfde Wii-afstandsbediening., Of strijd tegen mensen van over de hele wereld via de Nintendo Wi- Fi Connection en probeer je nettowaarde het snelste te verhogen. Ook kun je een aandelenmarkt in het spel gebruiken om aan aandelen te komen en het dividend op te strijken voor extra rijkdom.

Terwijl je over het bord beweegt, kun je winkels kopen die je eigendom worden en suits verzamelen die je bij de bank kunt inleveren voor meer geld om te investeren. Er zijn verschillende niveaus om dit spel te spelen. Nieuwkomers kunnen de beginnerstand kiezen om de basisregels te leren, terwijl de Standard Mode diepe strategische mogelijkheden biedt, zoals de optie om de aandelenmarkt te manipuleren.

Elk spelbord is vormgegeven in het thema van een bekende locatie uit de spellen van Mario en Dragon Quest, zoals Starship Mario uit Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) en Alltrades Abbey uit Dragon Quest. Je kunt spelen met je eigen MiiTM-personage of één van de 20 speelbare personages uit de Mario- en Dragon Quest-franchises, inclusief Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, Slime, Platypunk en Stella.

Of je nu een financieel wonder bent of een gat in je hand hebt, je zult je de koning te rijk voelen in Boom Street, dat exclusief voor de Wii verschijnt op 6 januari 2012. Tijd is geld, dus waar wacht je nog op?

Shiggy said:
January 6th is a holiday in parts of Germany, that could be an explanation for a possible earlier release.

Why would that be a good reason to bring it out on Dec 23rd? Surely bringing it out on Jan 6th itself is better since you've got that initial explosion of consumers to drum up interest (and you're not gonna capture any Christmas sales on the 23rd anyway, since most would've already have done their shopping. It would just be languishing on the shelves for 2 weeks.)

If anything, that would encourage them further to release it on Jan 6th...

[Nintex]

Shiggy said:
January 6th is a holiday in parts of Germany, that could be an explanation for a possible earlier release.
Ah that makes sense, I recall the Wii released in the Netherlands a little early because of Sinterklaas.

[Nintex] said:
Ah that makes sense, I recall the Wii released in the Netherlands a little early because of Sinterklaas.

Am I missing something here? Was Boom Street originally due to be released after January 6th?

Gambit

Nuclear Muffin said:
Am I missing something here? Was Boom Street originally due to be released after January 6th?

You might be. Holiday here in Germany means shops are closed. So releasing it that day is impossible (in those parts of Germany, like Bavaria).

Gambit said:
You might be. Holiday here in Germany means shops are closed. So releasing it that day is impossible (in those parts of Germany, like Bavaria).

Oh I see. I misunderstood completely then! I thought it was a shopping holiday ALA Black Friday! (should've looked it up I guess)

Whoops!

Top Bottom