• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan is fucking horrible in this heel position. His mic work has been bad. The premise is terrible. The feud is lacking even for TV championship title status. His theme is trash. Sigh...so much going wrong.

They should just end this shit, let him do something extremely heelish like pull AJ in front of a charging Big Show, and get boo'ed out of the arena. Come back next week on Raw or Smackdown with a new theme, subtle coloring changes to his attire, and cut some "You are not better than me!" promo shit. I mean, at least that has a point, even if its routine.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
credit to somedevil for original:

R0mWe.gif

qyhdL.gif

Bryan is fucking horrible in this heel position. His mic work has been bad. The premise is terrible. The feud is lacking even for TV championship title status. His theme is trash. Sigh...so much going wrong.

They should just end this shit, let him do something extremely heelish like pull AJ in front of a charging Big Show, and get boo'ed out of the arena. Come back next week on Raw or Smackdown with a new theme, subtle coloring changes to his attire, and cut some "You are not better than me!" promo shit. I mean, at least that has a point, even if its routine.

You are wrong about everything.

Everything.

The only thing that has stalled Daniel Bryan's program was they saddled him with the Big Show for too long. They should have blown that off already, and had him work with people who can work in the ring.

Do you watch the show with the sound down? Cause Bry is getting great heat... Don't see how you can't hear/see that.

Can someone post the impact spoilers for this week again please.
February 23rd IMPACT Episode
-Bobby Roode comes out for a promo. He talks up last week's beatdown of Sting and says that Sting has quit. Roode puts over ending Sting's career as a lifetime achievement.

-Samoa Joe and Magnus defeated Matt Morgan and Crimson after Crimson accidentally hit Morgan leading to Joe and Magnus hitting their finisher. Crimson walked out on Morgan afterwards.

-Zema Ion defeated Alex Shelley after using hair spray and hitting his finisher. Austin Aries was ringside watching and eating popcorn.

-Gail Kim defeated ODB with the Eat Defeat. Madison Rayne was ringside during the match and tried to celebrate with Kim afterwards.

-AJ Styles defeated Robbie E in a TV Title match by DQ. AJ was about to hit one of his flying moves when Kazarian and Christopher Daniels came out. Kazarian put his hands on AJ which resulted in him winning by DQ but not winning the title.

-Sting comes out preparing to retire. He is acting all sad when Bobby Roode interrupts. Roode said he had to be here for that and trash talks to Sting. Sting gets all pumped up, starts putting on his facepaint and said that Roode lit a fire under him and that at Victory Road they would fight. Roode went to cheap shot Sting but Sting saw it coming and hit Roode with a low blow of his own.

You are wrong about everything.

Everything.

The only thing that has stalled Daniel Bryan's program was they saddled him with the Big Show for too long. They should have blown that off already, and had him work with people who can work in the ring.

Do you watch the show with the sound down? Cause Bry is getting great heat... Don't see how you can't hear/see that.

The only reason he is getting any attention right now is because he is Bryan and he is outstanding in the ring. I'm not speaking on him as an in-ring performer, just what the WWE has him doing right now. I can't really blame him, and I see that they want to bring a part of "him" into the act, but I just think they are going about it the wrong way and with the wrong people. His theme is still garbage(Wade Barrett theme levels here), and his mic work has been boring as hell since all of this came about. Even before this when he had that stupid run in with the Bellas, it produced nothing I can remember. I haven't heard one promo by him yet that has grabbed me in any sort of way, and I've only given attention to him due to the fact that he IS going to deliver in the ring. I know that is what matters most in the end I suppose, but damn...

I just don't want to see him dicked around for a lengthy time. Give him something to work with. Something that fits him and shows off his strengths, not his weaknesses.

Kaladin

-Sting comes out preparing to retire. He is acting all sad when Bobby Roode interrupts. Roode said he had to be here for that and trash talks to Sting. Sting gets all pumped up, starts putting on his facepaint and said that Roode lit a fire under him and that at Victory Road they would fight. Roode went to cheap shot Sting but Sting saw it coming and hit Roode with a low blow of his own.

Steve is trying to show up Hunter with this act.

Linkified

I loves the Smackdown spoilers

SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!SANTINO WINS!

hertog

bring on the sammartia-meter! Bruno Sammartino was champion for 577 weeks! I, Santino Marella, am champion for 1 week!

Linkified

The only reason he is getting any attention right now is because he is Bryan and he is outstanding in the ring. I'm not speaking on him as an in-ring performer, just what the WWE has him doing right now. I can't really blame him, and I see that they want to bring a part of "him" into the act, but I just think they are going about it the wrong way and with the wrong people. His theme is still garbage(Wade Barrett theme levels here), and his mic work has been boring as hell since all of this came about. Even before this when he had that stupid run in with the Bellas, it produced nothing I can remember. I haven't heard one promo by him yet that has grabbed me in any sort of way, and I've only given attention to him due to the fact that he IS going to deliver in the ring. I know that is what matters most in the end I suppose, but damn...

I just don't want to see him dicked around for a lengthy time. Give him something to work with. Something that fits him and shows off his strengths, not his weaknesses.

1.His theme his perfect an electric version of Ride of the Valkyries.
2.What are you on about mic work, dude I'm probably second highest crritic of D.Bryan but this heel persona and the promos of eating meat and prious and recycling have been entertaining.
3.Hes being given a combo breaking gimmick of taking Jericho weasley gimmick and 3stealing CM Punks gimmick, but essentially being not straight edge but green edge.

1.His theme his perfect an electric version of Ride of the Valkyries.
2.What are you on about mic work, dude I'm probably second highest crritic of D.Bryan but this heel persona and the promos of eating meat and prious and recycling have been entertaining.
3.Hes being given a combo breaking gimmick of taking Jericho weasley gimmick and 3stealing CM Punks gimmick, but essentially being not straight edge but green edge.

1. That theme is a joke. I know the song is a classic, but it's application here is all wrong. It was surprising when we first heard it, but since then its been like a running gag to me...like a meme that won't go away.

2. His heel gimmick is one of those things that sounds bad on paper, but awesome if you get the right person to pull it off. Like King Booker, for instance. It just isn't working much imo, and it's only receiving a reaction because it's him...a bad ass wrestling machine. His mic work is boring, not because of what he is saying, but because of how he is executing it. The moment he touches a mic I immediately stop caring. I thought it would get good when him and Punk had their stand off, but I feel like Punk really pulled that whole situation through because Bryan wasn't really doing anything at all verbally. Not saying he should be on Punk's level when it comes to wording and expression, but it was a jarring difference.

3. I agree with, and am pro to, combo breaking material. I can't help but get a little upset though when the idea isn't being executed to its potential. The idea is fine, but it is half massed right now in its execution. Partly because WWE has planned it badly, and partly because Bryan isn't really pushing it past mid-level material.

It all goes away once the bell rings though...

1. That theme is a joke. I know the song is a classic, but it's application here is all wrong. It was surprising when we first heard it, but since then its been like a running gag to me...like a meme that won't go away.

2. His heel gimmick is one of those things that sounds bad on paper, but awesome if you get the right person to pull it off. Like King Booker, for instance. It just isn't working much imo, and it's only receiving a reaction because it's him...a bad ass wrestling machine. His mic work is boring, not because of what he is saying, but because of how he is executing it. The moment he touches a mic I immediately stop caring. I thought it would get good when him and Punk had their stand off, but I feel like Punk really pulled that whole situation through because Bryan wasn't really doing anything at all verbally. Not saying he should be on Punk's level when it comes to wording and expression, but it was a jarring difference.

3. I agree with, and am pro to, combo breaking material. I can't help but get a little upset though when the idea isn't being executed to its potential. The idea is fine, but it is half massed right now in its execution. Partly because WWE has planned it badly, and partly because Bryan isn't really pushing it past mid-level material.

It all goes away once the bell rings though...

Wait, someone actually liked the King Booker gimmick? ...

cMHsU.png

Catching up with TNA from this year, after having just stopped and forgetting to watch it. I've just watched Genesis.
Bobby Roode getting off with the title was pretty funny. He's not a bad champion at all and its sort of 'rewarding' to see a TNA guy with the belt. Even more so when you think about his time in Team Canada were he wasn't really a standout.

Screen-shot-2012-01-13-at-10.17.24-AM.png

Are these plants or fans? They've been at like every show since 2011.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Catching up with TNA from this year, after having just stopped and forgetting to watch it. I've just watched Genesis.
Bobby Roode getting off with the title was pretty funny. He's not a bad champion at all and its sort of 'rewarding' to see a TNA guy with the belt. Even more so when you think about his time in Team Canada were he wasn't really a standout.

Screen-shot-2012-01-13-at-10.17.24-AM.png

Are these plants or fans? They've been at like every show since 2011.

DAT REDHEAD

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I like that you guys are more mad that
Santino
is in the chamber than you are that Khali is in. Who do you think is going to be more entertaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom