• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I told you all Brodus Clay would be forgotten soon, due to the WWE's negligence. Congratulate me on such an obvious prediction!

i was already sick of his entrance. But for Vince to think his in ring work is not where it needs to be is laughable..........He was in like 4 squash matches. WTH.
2 of them and I lost intrest. Maybe he can't wrestle because so far they had let them do about 3 moves?
I think he should come back with a diffrent gimmick every week until he comes back to his simple big guy gimmick.

Who's ready for more WWE FILMZ?!?!?!?!

Deadline.com is reporting that WWE Studios and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment have come to terms on a new deal that will yield 3 straight-to-DVD titles - including a third installment of the Marine franchise.

It has been confirmed that John Cena will reprise his role of John Triton in The Marine: Homefront. The first Marine movie from 2006 generated over $18 million in revenue and was the most successful WWE Studios project by far.

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment will handle worldwide distribution for the 3 movies via Blu-ray, DVD, VOD and digital download and WWE will use their juggernaut promotional machine to maximize exposure.

“WWE Studios will continue to expand its film offerings to appeal to a wide range of movie fans in 2012 and 2013,” said WWE Studios President, Michael Luisi. “We look forward to building upon our relationship with 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment to present movies that bring action, adventure and humor to audiences all over the globe.”

No word yet on the other two movies, but one of them is expected to star CM Punk.

sajj316

Sounds like typical Vince. Book a guy for all squash matches, "y u no wrestle good"

Book Cole to call Bryan a nerd, then management asks Bryan why he's a nerd.

Book a guy as an arrogant heel, bury him in matches for having an ego.

Man speaks the truth. Funny how matches with Heath Slater vs. Clay and Sin Cara were heavily edited or cut from Smackdown. Are matches with Heath Slater now the barometer for new talent? Really? Really?

The Marine: Homefront

cena is going to be fighting koreans now?

It's all a plan by THQ for one last money making scheme, combine their WWE game license and FPS franchise for the ultimate mass appeal sequel (Cena for kids and women, gritty war shooter for male teens) complete with movie tie in banking off the back off the most successful WWE movie.

It's all a plan by THQ for one last money making scheme, combine their WWE game license and FPS franchise for the ultimate mass appeal sequel (Cena for kids and women, gritty war shooter for male teens) complete with movie tie in banking off the back off the most successful WWE movie.

got to admire the synergy

Welp, Call of Duty had a good run I guess.

Man speaks the truth. Funny how matches with Heath Slater vs. Clay and Sin Cara were heavily edited or cut from Smackdown. Are matches with Heath Slater now the barometer for new talent? Really? Really?

Well if you can't put on a clinic working with a ring general like Heath Slater then what good are you?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I think the term you are looking for is "rats."

GNKRe.gif

People are actually sad about Brodus not being on TV? Like, legitimately? You're not being ironic about it? C'mon people, it was never a matter of "if," but "when."

The first time I heard "Hailing from Planet Funk" and "Funkasaurus", as well as him calling out "SHUPLEX" were some of my favourite wrestling moments this year.

The subsequent times any of these happened were not.

Wrekt

To steal a line, Brodus is green as goose shit. The only thing he has done is a standing cross body and even that looks like shit. On top of that, his schtick is already old.

I'm glad he is already off TV. It's just a shame that they won't replace his time with someone interesting that can actually wrestle.

Cagey

Banned
To steal a line, Brodus is green as goose shit. The only thing he has done is a standing cross body and even that looks like shit. On top of that, his schtick is already old.

I'm glad he is already off TV. It's just a shame that they won't replace his time with someone interesting that can actually wrestle.

His character feels old already, sure, but it's not because of the schtick itself. Given how limited he is in the ring, all he seems capable of doing are the three move squash matches. You can't even have him in B-grade comedy feuds unless he's just squashing everyone, since the matches would suck otherwise. And you can't maintain a feud if he's just squashing the opponent all the time, unless we're talking about Jern Cena.

Love the gimmick, still.

*walks into scene and begins spluttering and gasping for air*
Vince: AHAHAHA! HILARIOUS, GODDAMNIT!!

Fixed for authenticity.

And good riddance Brodus Clay. It was funny the first time, then William Regal gave it some life, but if you can't even make a squash match fun, you won't get far with 5, 10, 15 minute matches.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Mania 30 is probably in Cowboys Stadium. Vince wanted it for 29 but it's hosting the Big 12 tournament and NCAA Final Four. The only time it would be open is mid-March. The Super Bowl is being held at Met Life in 2 years and if 29 sells out, WWE would hold the Met Life attendance record which the NFL couldn't match.

It looks good on the resume and will force cities to cough up extra money to get the WM 31 rights. If I was a betting man, I'd say Mania 31 would be either in the Superdome or Skydome in Toronto.

They should replace "Brodus Clay match" in any current script with "Colt Cabana vs Archibald Peck"

Get your comedy and good wrestling all in one yo.

Kyoufu

If Brodus was smart and destined to be a star, he'd pull a Mick Foley and have 3 gimmicks at the same time.

Funkasaurus could be his Dude Love gimmick. Then he'd have a Brodusaur gimmick (Mankind) and then Cray Clay (Cactus Jack).

G-Fex

Meanwhile your FCW guys will never get a chance at the big time guys. They'll be stuck in developmental forever!

AHAHAHH HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've had enough of this shit, I'm going to embrace the hate.

I no longer believe in any positivity for wrestling, I will now mock you and your choices for good talent.

UberTag

Anyone with a brain hasn't been positive about this business for well over a decade, G-Fex.
Sort of makes you wonder why those upbeat Giant Bomb guys don't cover wrestling.
They're already terminally depressed. It's a perfect gig for them.

Who's Brodus Clay? Isn't he the guy who lost to Johnny Curtis in the finals of NXT? What a loser he is!

Listening to Bryan and Vinny, the Miz vs CM Punk match on Raw was the lowest rated quarter hour in over a year. Wow.
Who's the Miz? Isn't he the guy who lost a zillion times to Alex Riley, can't cut a promo without sounding like a whiny 10-year-old boy and can't catch his fellow wrestlers when they jump out of the ring? What a loser he is. Who would want to watch him? No wonder it was the lowest rated quarter hour in over a year. I'd rather watch episodes of The Real World. Not as many people with spray tans on that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom