• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen-shot-2012-01-13-at-10.17.24-AM.png

Are these plants or fans? They've been at like every show since 2011.

I think the term you are looking for is "rats."

"- WWE will be kicking off several new angles on next Monday's RAW Supershow after the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. Two names that are expected to start appearing on WWE TV for WrestleMania 28 are Kharma and NBA Legend Shaquille O'Neal."

lordsofpain.net

Well I can't be too upset over those Smackdown spoilers, they let Jinder win a match

"- WWE will be kicking off several new angles on next Monday's RAW Supershow after the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. Two names that are expected to start appearing on WWE TV for WrestleMania 28 are Kharma and NBA Legend Shaquille O'Neal."

lordsofpain.net

In a romance angle I hope

Bowser

lordsofpain.net

Probably gonna set up Shaq vs Show and Kharma vs Beth Phoenix for the Divas title at WM

[/obvious]

somedevil

lordsofpain.net

I see why the big show is doing more heelious actions lately. Also, this story basically tells us who is going to win the smackdown elimination chamber.

Kharma will be in a who's the daddy angle, they'll use a buff shaved midget in the role of the baby

Suspects will be Shaq, Big Show, Henry, D. Brine, Santino, or Alex Riley.
Then they'll swerve us and it will be the Bella twin who had a sex change into a woman but froze some of her sperm before hand.

XenoRaven

So it's Bryan, Show, Khali, Santino, and who else? Coby Rhodes and the Barrett Garage? I haven't been able to watch lately so I don't really know.

Santino hits Khali with the cobra, Khali falls forward onto Santino thus "injuring" both of them and leaving two openings?

Actually that will probably be one of the pins in the match. Santino thinks he has won and then gets pinned by a falling Khali on top of him after he hits the cobra. That is totally WWE.

So it's Bryan, Show, Khali, Santino, and who else? Coby Rhodes and the Barrett Garage? I haven't been able to watch lately so I don't really know.

Barrett. I'm surprised Del Rio isn't going in as he should be heeled by now, but I guess they don't want his first match back to be a loss.

trunbuns

Found this on Reddit. Totally lost it when Kane showed up.

This is fantastic.

The moment where Ryder is pushed to the floor is timed perfectly.

Also....

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling/wwe-news/wwe-puts-current-gimmick-on-hold-what-happened-after-smackdown/

- The Wrestling Globe reports that WWE officials have decided to put Brodus Clay’s “Funkasaurus” gimmick on hold for the time being. Word is that Vince McMahon feels that Clay’s ring work wasn’t where it needed to be for WWE TV.
The match against Heath Slater was cut from SmackDown a few weeks back when the decision was made that Clay needed to work on his in-ring skills.

Looks like the funkasaurus may be no more

this! santino is only a joke character, plenty of other guys who should have got the intercontinental title before him

There's little wrong with having a five-way elimination match that happens to have an additional comic relief character, so long as he either (A) does not last very long, or (B) actually competently wrestles a decent amount of the time. The former there is likely, and it is apparently apparent from Carelli's OVW days that his capable in the ring. Heck, now and then, when they let him actually wrestle, he's pretty good. And he should have a ton of continuous ring rust from how little they use him for wrestling, but he doesn't.

It's really in the hands of the writers, but Santino being in there is not inherently a bad thing.

The writers will have him prance around the ring and try to be funny the whole time -- he'll take out a guy with his "humorous" finisher, get knocked out for twenty minutes, and somehow be in the Final Three. W-GAF will facepalm in unison.

I like that you guys are more mad that
Santino
is in the chamber than you are that Khali is in. Who do you think is going to be more entertaining?

edit: Wait, Khali is in the EC?

Oh, wow, it's going to be pretty shit, then.

Ultratech

Actually that will probably be one of the pins in the match. Santino thinks he has won and then gets pinned by a falling Khali on top of him after he hits the cobra. That is totally WWE.

Now that you've mentioned it, I wouldn't be totally surprised if this actually happened.

Barrett. I'm surprised Del Rio isn't going in as he should be heeled by now, but I guess they don't want his first match back to be a loss.

Different brands, though given that Otunga was allowed to qualify and the general mixing lately I don't know if that is a barrier to entry.

edit: Wait, Khali is in the EC?

Oh, wow, it's going to be pretty shit, then.

Yup, totally agree with your thoughts on Santino but putting Khali in there brings this EC down to December to Dismember levels

Different brands, though given that Otunga was allowed to qualify and the general mixing lately I don't know if that is a barrier to entry.

Nope, on Smackdown they said anyone from either brand can compete in the match.

John Cena is coming back as the Marine!

"John Cena will be starring in "The Marine: Homefront", one of three WWE Studios films being produced for a direct to DVD release as part of a new deal the Studio has signed with 20th Century FOX, according to Deadline.com.

The Studios' existing DVD deal with Viviendi will expire with the release of "Bending the Rules" starring Edge and Jamie Kennedy. That film is expected to be released in April.

"The Marine" starring Cena was released theatrically in October 2006, making $18,844,784 at the box office. It was, to date, the most successful WWE Studios film release. The sequel, starring Ted DiBiase Jr., was released direct to DVD.

WWE has worked with Fox in the past with film distribution for the original Marine, See No Evil and the direct to DVD Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia.

One of the other films is expected to star CM Punk, as WWE Studios have actively seeking a project they can place him in."

Kaladin

Yup, totally agree with your thoughts on Santino but putting Khali in there brings this EC down to December to Dismember levels

It's not there yet. They would have to had put Khali and Santino in the night of the Chamber AND do injury angles on the show for everyone else but Bryan to be that bad. I was actually there btw.

Striker

Dropping Brodus' gimmick already? lol, this company. And the undefeated thing they had for him was dumb. Stop it already.

Tamina will probably be squashed, more or less, at EC by Beth and we'll get some staredown from Kharma the next night.

Barely getting around to watch RAW. I'm going out on a limb and saying Kofi will be Smackdown champ by the end of the year

E:why? He gonna go heel soon

Ithil

Barely getting around to watch RAW. I'm going out on a limb and saying Kofi will be Smackdown champ by the end of the year

E:why? He gonna go heel soon

Nah. They've got Sheamus, Barrett and Cody to move to the title picture this year. No room for Kofi.

Hey guys.

The Marine 3 will be staring John Cena.

Also I guess WWE films continues being a thing.

Also I didnt hate The Marine. It was stupid but whatever it was a ok by the numbers action movie.

Nah. They've got Sheamus, Barrett and Cody to move to the title picture this year. No room for Kofi.

It's funny since they always have room for a main event face, it's just that they are incapable of giving face wrestlers the character necessary to truly get over, or giving a wrestler mic time and freedom to do it themselves.
Just looking over the title history shows that Jeff Hardy, Christian and arguably Daniel Bryan were the last few wrestlers to win their first world or WWE title as a face and out of them only Jeff Hardy truly felt like someone the fans were behind.
Bryan's win was the setup for a heel turn, Christian's win also led into a heel turn and of course an immediate title loss. Kofi's probably unfortunately screwed for the rest of his days, only heels get to develop character.

Also, Clay not on Raw one week before a PPV when he has no feud is not surprising.

It is, however, a prime opportunity for a random dirt sheet to make up a story with-- which d-smarks then swallow hook line and sinker.

One of the other films is expected to star CM Punk, as WWE Studios have actively seeking a project they can place him in."

I still have no idea what this project is going to be and it likely won't be very good, but the premise of CM "I hope your parents die" Punk being the lead of a movie is intriguing.

FUCK YOU VINCE. THE FUNKASAURUS IS THE BEST THING ON TELEVISION RIGHT NOW AND YOU WANT TO END IT? WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN YOUR PRODUCT EVEN MORE?

Put it on hold. Brodus couldn't carry a match to save his career at this point.

Also, streaks on gimmick wrestlers are awful

FyreWulff

Sounds like typical Vince. Book a guy for all squash matches, "y u no wrestle good"

Book Cole to call Bryan a nerd, then management asks Bryan why he's a nerd.

Book a guy as an arrogant heel, bury him in matches for having an ego.

FUCK YOU VINCE. THE FUNKASAURUS IS THE BEST THING ON TELEVISION RIGHT NOW AND YOU WANT TO END IT? WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN YOUR PRODUCT EVEN MORE?

i was already sick of his entrance. But for Vince to think his in ring work is not where it needs to be is laughable..........He was in like 4 squash matches. WTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom